LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interest In Ab/dl Documenary?

shoelessjoe

Hey everybody, I've been thinking about making a documentary about us for a while now and have finally decided to give it a go. I'm looking for people who would be willing to talk about their lives on camera. I'd like to find a diverse sampling of us to try and present a more real glimpse into our fetish than has been portrayed in the media before. If you're interested in participating in any way you can reach me at shoelessjoesnursery@hotmail.com. That includes ideas you might have about content, events you're involved with or to tell me you think this is a terrible idea. One group I'd really like to talk to are older AB's to find out what things were like before the internet. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks

Joe

I have to say that I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I think it would be great for someone who is involved in the community to represent us in a way that is not sensationalist or full of nonsense ... on the other hand, the thought of more attention being brought to us makes me uncomfortable, because - even with a respectful take on ab/dl - people are still going to think we're wacko. In some ways I'm happier we're still in the toy closet. :P

If you do go ahead with it, I'd be happy to give you my take on being ab/dl before the internet, however, I would NEVER agree to go on camera.

Hey everybody, I've been thinking about making a documentary about us for a while now and have finally decided to give it a go. I'm looking for people who would be willing to talk about their lives on camera. I'd like to find a diverse sampling of us to try and present a more real glimpse into our fetish than has been portrayed in the media before. If you're interested in participating in any way you can reach me at shoelessjoesnursery@hotmail.com. That includes ideas you might have about content, events you're involved with or to tell me you think this is a terrible idea. One group I'd really like to talk to are older AB's to find out what things were like before the internet. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks

Joe

I'm game

I have to say that I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I think it would be great for someone who is involved in the community to represent us in a way that is not sensationalist or full of nonsense ... on the other hand, the thought of more attention being brought to us makes me uncomfortable, because - even with a respectful take on ab/dl - people are still going to think we're wacko. In some ways I'm happier we're still in the toy closet. :P

If you do go ahead with it, I'd be happy to give you my take on being ab/dl before the internet, however, I would NEVER agree to go on camera.

I am kind of the same. I would only do it if say there was 100 people involved. I think the only way people are going to recognize the fact that we are all unique is if they can see that there is no "stereotypical" AB. I noticed that just by the idea that I am an adult baby my friends all think that I poo in diapers alot. I finally had to set them straight, but I thought it was very odd how they had developed a stereotype of an Adult Baby just from knowing me. I then realized that it was the "Baby" aspect that they had stereotyped. Since I had told them that I like to act like a baby and wear diapers they assumed it was all the way. So not only are we fighting a "wacko weirdo" stereotype we are also fighting a "complete baby" stereotype. I figure if you had about 100 people talking about what they like about diapers then people would see that we are not all the same and that we are many.

SuperDiaperBaby

Thanks for the input everyone keep it coming. As far as not wanting to appear on camera I totally understand that. I'm still trying to decide If I want to do it myself or even have the guts to identify myself if I present it somewhere. Depending on the story you have to tell and how it fits I might use people who want their identities concealed. Partly because secrecy is a big part of this fetish and because I'm afraid all the people who wouldn't mind being on screen would be the more extreme individuals who aren't that representative of the community as a whole. The suggesion to have 100 interviews would be nice but it's not really feasible. Also my ability to travel is pretty limited due to my budget of 0$ and fear of flying. So if you're on the west coast or traveling there that would be best. Ideally I'd like to get about 6 people with diverse stories and personalities. I've worked on several documentaries in the past and I work in televsion so I feel like I can put together something of pretty high quality. I don't have any delusions of grandeur, best case scenario it'll probably get shown in a few film festivals and I'll make copies available for anyone who wants one. Keep posting and let me know what you think.

Thanks

Joe

Just a thought - one thing I'd suggest NOT doing is putting people on camera in such a way that their identity is hidden, like with changed voice or shadowed face. That just communicates that there is something to be ashamed of, illegal, immoral, etc.

I love the idea of the 100 people, well, ok, a LOT of people. Or information that suggests a larger number than might be suggested by just six people.

On the other hand, to get the diversity you'd almost HAVE to include some who concealed their identities since I suspect they make up a vast majority. Those that are "out" also represent only a segment of those in the adbdl world.

Major dilemma.

Just a thought - one thing I'd suggest NOT doing is putting people on camera in such a way that their identity is hidden, like with changed voice or shadowed face. That just communicates that there is something to be ashamed of, illegal, immoral, etc.

I love the idea of the 100 people, well, ok, a LOT of people. Or information that suggests a larger number than might be suggested by just six people.

On the other hand, to get the diversity you'd almost HAVE to include some who concealed their identities since I suspect they make up a vast majority. Those that are "out" also represent only a segment of those in the adbdl world.

Major dilemma.

For me, part of me says WHO CARES, and the other part of me says WHAT WILL PEOPLE THIINK OF ME

Honestly he is talking about some small market or audiance for this film.... Unless you are running for public office or planning to, not too many people will know or care who you are. Concealing Identies can be done many ways, sunglasses, back lighting in the head area, the infamous blur or black box

I have been doing the AB thing since i was 18, and many years before that I had the feelings.... I do not live on the west coast, or else i might volunteer.

Maybe if you want or can work with... people could send in their own tapes to you

i would be interested also, but im not comfortable going on camera...

I'm in the same boat.

the idea sounds great but I wouldnt want to be on camera as I do have a reputation to stick with and such, plus im an odd-ball on this since i dont act out my fetish like most of you do(never had the moment to do it)

plus its take or leave thing with me but it'll always be a part of me in some way.

but it'd be nice to have a positive role of this as the wacko's arent helping and its why many of us cant just pop on camera and say we like this.

I'd love to see the final product though.

I would love to see a documentary that did not portray AB and DL as one lumped together lot. DL's would get short changed and AB's tend to get the bulk of the coverage. I'd like to see distinct coverage of each so that the average viewer, if they ever get to see it, would understand that there is a difference. Then you can go on to explain that there are commonalities and distinct differences.

I realize that AB is the more divergent from the norm and DL is rather mundane by comparison. However, the differences are important.

Then, you could add the mommy/daddy twist and the non-wearing diaper lovers and any other minor variations.

Despite my desires, I would not participate in any sort of identifiable manner. I would answer a questionaire or provide some details as long as I'm completely anonymous.

Good luck with your endeavor and I hope to see something in the future from you.

i wouldnt mind ansewring question by a online form, thats fine for me.

but botox has a good idea with spreading the doc. with several points of the fetish, theres 2 main names but theres alot more than 2 ways to do this ;)

many doc. like this would talk about the big categories then focus on smaller sub-categories.

a major mainstream viewing may never happen but a small crowd is enough to start some talking, maybe if the demand gets high enough it could go to video on stores or TV.

maybe wishful thinking but its aiming high ;)