LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Repositioning Tapes 101

Lusie

I been wearing diapers for years now and hardly ever can reposition tapes. They are really designed to be refastened to the blue tapes but most the time I refasten them it's to get better fit and usually the tape isn't sticky enough to fasten it to the diaper so I use duct tape. There is a few times I've readjusted them the tape stuck to the diaper so good it ripped the diaper. They really only designed to be readjusted once.

The bad thing about cloth like backing diapers I find myself self repositioning the tapes constantly on the level 4 ones and never can seem to fill them to capacity cause I can't keep them up on my waist.

If you need to reposition and the tapes no longer stick, try duck tape I keep a roll around (white to blend into diaper) and it works great most times I add 2 strips of Ducktape right away to hold the diaper snug I have only been wearing for a few months due to my over active blader but Duck tape is your friend with taped diapers

Thanks for the replies! I thought I was doing something wrong. My test with a plastic backed diaper made me understand why people on the forums talk about getting hot and sweaty wearing them. I think my next try will be the cloth-backed Tena Stretch Super or Ultra. No positioning problems and the stretchy sides look comfy.

I can't wear the plastic backed without feeling like I'm walking (or sleeping) in a sauna. It's amazing hot much warmer even the cloth backed ones make me feel.

Re-positional tapes vary from diaper to diaper. Some have a landing pad designed to allow for re-positioning (ex. bambinos), some have dual tape system where you re-position the second set of tapes (ex. confidry 24/7s), and cloth backed ones that use Velcro, and thus infinite re-positioning.

For disposables with the landing zone, the tapes are meant to only stick to that landing zone. Since it doesn't extend low enough forget about trying to stick the "lower" tape close to the leg bands.

For disposables with a 2 tape system, you first use the blue tape. Then when repositioning you leave the blue tape in place and pull off the white tape. This second tape gets repositioned where ever you need it, but is best to not stick it back on to the blue tape.

In either case, make sure you don't rub the diaper when trying to flatten it out as you are positioning it. This will deposit a small amount of oil on the plastic which will decrease the effectiveness of the tapes.

It is also a good practice to rub the tapes after they have been put on. This will make sure they have good contact so as to prevent them from popping off later.