LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the allure of "cloth-backed" diapers/pullups?

I have written to tena before about their products but I want to send a letter to abena after trying some of their stuff out the other day. I think a carefully worded letter or mail to someone high up might open a conversation about the problem many of the fabric backed products have.

Again we keep Comming back to the point about it being more dignified for the wearer but that can not be the case if the product does not contain bodily fluids correctly.

Bettypooh, true about coperate companies and the way things are in business, they have to make money I understand that. I run my own business but I don't do 3/4 of a job, expect the full money to be paid then expect people to come back to me.

Maybe we don't truly understand the market very well? Are we missing a point?

There just isn't enough information out there to be able to have a proper debate about the cloth vs plastic diapers. But there should be, i remember talking to the head continence nurse for our health board and the contract for pads is for the whole of wales. Surely they must research what products should be available but I've never found any information on the subject on the web.

I run my own business too ;) From what I can tell, most of this kind of 'medical research' is done mostly at 'staff only' levels, with very little input from those being treated. The few who are questioned get only a few questions asked, which is never enough, and on top of that they may be 'new' to the situation themselves and not yet aware of the available solutions. So unless one of those 'staff' involved in making the decisions has great personal knowledge of a subject you get a poor response every time :o

Diaper industry is going in a circle

Soon were all back in cloth diapers, as they are better than cloth-like and soon there wont be any plastic diapers worth buying (excluding those marketed towards ABDLs, but they might go up in prize too when they lose competition)

I love the exchange of ideas going on, and it is very nice to see that I'm not the only one having these thoughts! I'll maybe just throw this thought out. It might be more productive to approach the big buyers of incontinence products rather than the manufacturers. I.E. approach the V.A., Medicaid, insurance companies, and so on. The purchases they make are the big drivers here, and most of their patients don't speak up, due to the nature of incontinence. So perhaps those of us so inclined should be pushing our efforts in that direction? For myself, I've been pushing at the local level for years, but if I really want things to improve, perhaps I need to go up the chain a bit higher and give input to the upper level. I can see that I won't just be speaking for myself now.

I mean everyone in the world

It can be done

Aiming for grandiosity also brings the best and biggest successes ;) It's not a one-sided thing at all, and if you don't aim big you won't win big, so keep the aim high and keep going- there will be smaller successes along the way and who knows, it might just be your lucky day B)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it has annoying to do with "grown-up". All baby diapers are made the same way now, and primarily have been for 15 years. There's very little "weeping" in baby diapers, and personally I've never seen it in the "4 level" Abena's either. Granted, I don't wear myself, so I only have experience when I've put them on others, but I've slept next to them, right up against the soaked diaper, and never gotten leaked on or "weeped" on.

From the people I've talked to, the allure is only partially discretion. It's mostly comfort. The cloth backed are much cooler which makes a big difference for some people.

It is frustrating that for those that prefer plastic, they're ferrying harder to find. However, I think there are alot of people who prefer the cloth side, and that's why there becoming more prevalent.

I haven't read all of this thread but my main guess would be a mixture of cost, cheaper to make nappies with less plastic (thus more profit), environmentalism (plastic requires oil) and profit (less absorbent nappies means people buy more)