LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Security Detection !

Guest diamondback688

ive been through the airport probably a dozen times in the past 4 years and no one has ever said anything to me...

Has anyone had diaper pins set the walk-through metal detector off???

CDL

yes I have had diaper pins set off the metal detector and yes they will insist on taking the pins from you. If you don't want the most embarrassing thing in the world to happen to you, a strip search at the airport, then don't wear diaper pins when flying.

• 3 weeks later...

Alot of it depends on the airport that you are traveling thru. Prior to these recent events & post 9/11 I've found security to be alot less intensive at the major airports; just too many people, but a the smaller hubs, they seem like they have to be proving their job and do a more extensive search.

And as for the metal detectors, it depends on what sensitivity they are set on, I have gone thru a detector carring smalll change and my cell phone-no problem;but then there was a time & Had to empty all my pockets and it turned out that the foil in my pack of smokes set the thing off.

Basically what I'm saying it is hit or miss, depending on where you are at and how busy they are.

Alot of it depends on the airport that you are traveling thru. Prior to these recent events & post 9/11 I've found security to be alot less intensive at the major airports; just too many people, but a the smaller hubs, they seem like they have to be proving their job and do a more extensive search.

And as for the metal detectors, it depends on what sensitivity they are set on, I have gone thru a detector carring smalll change and my cell phone-no problem;but then there was a time & Had to empty all my pockets and it turned out that the foil in my pack of smokes set the thing off.

Basically what I'm saying it is hit or miss, depending on where you are at and how busy they are.

The new xray systems will be able to show exactly what everyone has under their outer clothes and that includes diapers. We will have to think about changing how we dress when we travel, or just resign ourselves to knowing that others will know that we wear diapers.

The new xray systems will be able to show exactly what everyone has under their outer clothes and that includes diapers. We will have to think about changing how we dress when we travel, or just resign ourselves to knowing that others will know that we wear diapers.

that is fine by me. cause frankly it i nobody's business why i wear diapers

Don't know if this totally pertains to this thread but I'm going to share this story anyway: One of my most embassing moments going thru security was shortly after 9-11; First off mostly when I travel for business, I'm not diapered, but rather use and ex-cath & leg bag, well I got picked for the 'special-security' screening, and during the pat down I had to explain what was strapped to the calf of my leg. Actualy, reflecting on the moment, there was nothing really said , the inspector wasn't really bothered about it or made an issue of it. (but I think he may have been more emarressed than me)

• 4 weeks later...

With much of the focus placed on liquids being carried on board aeroplanes, I'm wondering about the gel in nappies?

Apparently the new full-body x-ray machines can detect liquids concealed in or under clothing.

D :huh: lly

I dont fly, but I wonder what it'd look like if x-rayed in a dry diaper, and wet while being x-rayed. It'd be kinda funny.

Once, I was at an airport with my mom to pick up my sister, and she went to throw my metal stuff in my bag after the screening, and ended up opening the pocket with all the diapers. Wasn't fun, and I was like "That's why I don't have you touch my stuff!"

I dont fly, but I wonder what it'd look like if x-rayed in a dry diaper, and wet while being x-rayed. It'd be kinda funny...........

Yes, I have to say, this idea appeals to the benign mischievous streak in me :P

I reckon the result could be quite interesting. In fact, I'm sorely tempted to organise a *whip-round* and then dare you to try it! ;)

D :P lly

(Just In case the term *whip-round* isn't used outside the UK, don't get excited ;) - I'm no Dolly-Dom - it means organising a money collection from willing peops.)

• 4 weeks later...

...and just out of curiosity. why dont you fly diapered witch??

I have a horrible fear of planes. I have no idea where or how I got it, but I don't even want to be near them.

Helicopters are ok, I think. I haven't actually been on one, but the thought of a chopper doesn't make me afraid.

I'm getting to be a bit apprehensive about flying as well. I haven't flown a lot, but I know I used to like it. I don't know why I am so paranoid about it now.

I've never been through an intense security scanning area. I would hope the security guards would have enough sense not to pull out all your diapers in front of everyone to see. Do they examine everyone's carryon bags or what? I would suggest to pack all your diapers away in your checked baggage, but that isn't really an option for people on longer flights.

according to what I have read, you should pack all of your diapers and supplies in a separate carry on bag, and declare it as a medical bag at the security check point. You are allowed to have liquids or creams in 3oz containers as long are all of your containers fit into one zip top clear plastic bag. I looked all over the TSA site, and did not see diaper pins mentioned as a banned item anywhere. Supposedly the TSA security officials are trained to handle people with disabilities in a discreet manner. And if you declare your diaper bag as a medical bag, there should be no problem, and no one will know.

Iowaincon

Well, even before 9/11 I avoided commercial flights whenever possible (No I am not afraid to fly at all, I believe even ON 9/11 it was safer than a car, I just don't like an search at all without reason to suspect the individual being searched of anything) - If I am going to fly, while it can cost much more, I prefer a private plane that is going to take off and land at a private air-strip (that way, you avoid everything because it's a private air vehicle usually owned by the pilot you have made a private deal with, and taking off and landing usually in par of some farmers field (private property).

However - if there is no other choice, and I forgot all about the medical supplies thing (I only know about it now because I just read it), I wouldn't be too worried about it, other than the general annoyance of "what makes you believe I am up to anything wrong?" - but if you are going through my things, or my person, whatever is there, is there, you are the one that wanted to look. As for anyone behind me that might see it as well - so what? - first it's none of their business, second ods are you won't see them again anyway, third, even if they are on the same flight, and sitting near me, it's only going to be for a few hours anyway.

But then again, in general I never really worried about being "caught" with diapers, maybe that's because I have used them all my life (literally) but in any event, who cares what other people think - if they make an issue out of it, they are the ones that have the problem.

Diaper pins are not on the prohibited list. And generally the screeners will not make a scene over finding diapers in bags. There are may reasons for needing, or wanting them. But remember screeners are just people doing a job and there are many different temperments with all the total work force there.

Just what I need... strangers knowing whether or not I need a diaper change before my flight.... Ugh...

I bet you $5 if it's wet, they'll ask you to take care if it. I know you could just pour liquid explosive in it and claim you had an accident and then go blow the plane. I don't know who in their right mind would do that, and I still don't see it worth embarassing the hell out of the innocent.