LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Child Abusers force diapers and make child live in yard WTF!?!

So did I and I grew up with that word too and kids also thought I was because of my disability and how I functioned. I was also slow on the social side and was more child like than other kids my age. Some were even mean to me about it too because they were mean kids and I think this one girl hated people with disabilities because she thought I was and she didn't like me so she wasn't nice to me. I was friends with her little sisters. My old friend told her I was and she believed her.

Interesting enough, when my dad taught special ed in the 70's they also did not use that word and they called it special needs instead so this PCness isn't anything new with the word. When I lived in Montana and this was in 1998-2007, my school did not use that word either and they called it something else I forget what. I only heard the word three times and each time I was confused because I didn't know what it was so finally the teacher said "It means retarded" when I asked what is it and how does it affect the person. But yet in Washington where we lived, they used the word. it's even said in my early IEP "Beth scores in the mildly retarded range." Even at age seven it was still there in my current IEP but at age eight it said low intellectual range. Then it wasn't there anymore because I started to score higher on the IQ. My mom wouldn't even let anyone treat me like I had a low IQ so finally she had a doctor test me in other areas and I scored high in them and she wrote in her medical report about me that my overall score was inaccurate based on the scores I got in other areas. She knew I was smart and not low. She even had a student who was illiterate and they also said he was that too and even his parents believed it because they all went by what the score said on the test. But my mom knew he wasn't because of his memory and how he processed things and she decided to teach him to read and he learned fast and won an award in some writing contest that year. Everyone was shocked and his parents too. The boy was actually normal but he was just illiterate. I am sure he was put in mainstream and just imagine how far behind he was. I am sure he caught up like I did. To this day my mom doesn't understand how could anyone think he was if he didn't act like it. She couldn't even see it in him. He even thanked her too.

http://www.r-word.org/mobile/default.aspx @Denubeim glad you took the time to research the definition but you are wrong plain and simple. If you are going to correct someone make sure you know what you are talking about. Redarded defined as to make slow, delay the progress of or hinder or impede.

The word can be used in a number of ways but when talking about a person it is just despicable. Please stop and think first before using it. In no way did I overreact. It has no place in our language today and if disagree I feel sorry for you.

Child abuse cases get tons of media exposure... just like the shooting sprees. Media exposure can make a small problem look like a big one. Remember, perception defines reality. You read about a child being abused or another lunatic shooting innocent people practically every day and begin to think it is everywhere when it's really not.

Child abuse is much more common than you might think. It's actually under-reported by most metrics. And keep in mind that there's more than one way to abuse a child. Yeah, we'll hear about the worst of the worst that get caught... But that's only the ones that get caught. There are a lot more that don't.

I think the worst ones go in the media and the rest do not. It's even scary to know today how kids are still getting abused and the abuser is getting away with it. While parents are getting busted for stupid things they do online with their kids that is considered abuse or because they lost their tempers and beat their child, the real abusers don't ever get caught because they are smart and know what they are doing so they know when to stop and they can hide it and are manipulative while the others can;t hide it because thy did it out of impulse or because they are not very smart so they don't even know what they even did was abusive like that one mother in Florida who was caught power hosing her two year old at a car wash in 2008. She thought she was disciplining her until she saw herself on the news about child abuse so she turned herself in. It;s also scary to know how CPS still fails to protect a child and how innocent parents lose their children over bogus things. Just look up legal kidnapping or fight CPS or CPS horror stories. Sadly even abuse goes on in foster care. I recently read a story about a girl being taken by the state because her parents smoked pot but she got abused in foster care while at home she never got abused nor neglected. The only thing they did was smoke weed.

To be fair, the US is no stranger to both cruel and unusual punishment. If someone catches you draining the main vein in public--even if you are out of view and nobody could see you without trying to see you--such as behind a dumpster in an alleyway--you can be put on the sexual offender list for life.

Another sad thing is how drug addicts get treated in the system. They get life without parole while a pedophile gets put away for twenty years for sexually abusing a child or an abusive parent is put away for ten for beating their child.

If I had my way about it, I'd make the punishments for less severe child abuse well... less severe. I mean, required 40-hour parenting or child-care classes for parents who just seem to have a hard time maintaining control of their child and feel like abusive and harassing punishment is the only way to make a child fall in line kind of deal.

The use of the word "retarded" may once have been used more commonly, but then so was the N word for black people. Just because its commonly used doesn't make it right, and with the negative connotations of the word I think its fair for people to be insulted when it is used...

You have to look at the context the word is being used in before you take offense so you don't get insulted and I don't think lot of people do this. They just see the word, not the context. Like how my dad uses the word stupid sometimes when it comes to intelligence, I look at what generation he came from when moron, imbecile, and idiot were still medical terms and stupid literally means lack of intelligence and then I look at what context he used it in and I don't take offense to it. It's better to look at it that way to keep from being insulted. And I thought I was supposed to be the one literal and not understand things and not seeing the big picture.