LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Genies

do they work well for adult diapers too? thinking about getting 1. afraid that the smell of dirty 1s would stink up an apartment after awhile. if any1 has 1 or nos if they work plz write back.

Hi, DJ. I'm fairly sure that a baby Diaper Genie wouldn't work for adult-sized diapers. Fortunately, they do make one for adults, called Confidante. I've not tried it, but it serves the exact function you're looking for--hold used diapers until you can dispose of them properly.

http://www.liberatormedical.com/shop/default.asp?DeptID=245

-RMS

P.S. You might want to replace your keyboard. I think your Shift key is broken. :Crylol:

The Diaper Genie DOES work for some adult diapers. I own one and can fit an Attends 10 through the opening easily. You need to buy the genie with the wide opening. However, it won't work with thicker diapers such as Abri-Form X-plus.

I don't use my diaper genie that much anymore. My diaper pail is really all that I need. I found that the diaper genie did a good job of reducing or eliminating the odours associated with wearing diapers but it was a bit of a hassle to empty. Not difficult, mind you, but just a PITA compared to a diaper pail.

• 4 months later...

Hi, DJ. I'm fairly sure that a baby Diaper Genie wouldn't work for adult-sized diapers. Fortunately, they do make one for adults, called Confidante. I've not tried it, but it serves the exact function you're looking for--hold used diapers until you can dispose of them properly.

-RMS

P.S. You might want to replace your keyboard. I think your Shift key is broken. :Crylol:

OMG i have been looking for one of these for a long time Im gong to order one right know Sean CA

I had one of the adult ones that I bought at Walgreens several years ago. I don't think they still carry them. At the time it was good cuz I had an apartment mate who didn't know I wore diapers. I could dispose of them in my closet with a reduced smell, and wait until he was gone to empty it.

It was hard to use, though, didn't always work just right, and only held 5-7 Depend briefs (can't imagine how few x-plus or Molicares it would hold). The size and weight of a soaked adult diaper is much more of a challenge to the mechanical principles of the diaper genie than a baby diaper is, even though it's supposedly "adult-size."

So if you're in a situation where you need to be discreet, it's OK, but if you're in a place where u can just put your dirty diapers in an outside trash can or dumpster daily, that's much better.

-RMS

I used to have one of the "adult" diaper genies. It's actually the same thing as a wide mouth diaper genie. It allowed me to take out my diaper trash less often, but I agree with what everyone else has said, it's not worth the trouble, and only holds 6 diapers.

• 2 weeks later...