LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Top tapes or bottom tapes?

For the longest time I'd always secure the top tapes first but changed it up one day for whatever reason. Me and a buddy realized that the bottom tapes being secured first or better to prevent leaks, as they make it more snug. Putting the top tapes down first make it so there's more room to breathe in the front. Ideal for... 'playing', if you will. ;3

• 1 month later...

Wow, am I the only one who does the top tapes first? lol. I always have. Even when I bought my first pack of adult diapers it recommended to do the bottom tapes first, but I've always found it easier to put on and place just right, if you do the top tapes first.

Nope. I do the same thing. I do the top tapes first. The bottom always seems harder to start.

It depends on the diaper, but mostly top first, then bottom, and left to right. When I put them on someone else I seem to do bottom first though. Either way, I almost always redo each one anyway because I have OCD when it comes to this.

I'm a stander as well. Center diaper with back against wall. Bottom tapes first, right then left. Then tops, left than right. Bellissimos or secure x plus depending on The day.

I also usually add some transparent duct tape on the bottom tapes to keep it nice and tight. If no extra tape I usually find the bottoms will pop given a couple hours.

I'm a stander as well. Center diaper with back against wall. Bottom tapes first, right then left. Then tops, left than right. Bellissimos or secure x plus depending on The day.

I also usually add some transparent duct tape on the bottom tapes to keep it nice and tight. If no extra tape I usually find the bottoms will pop given a couple hours.

In my younger days. I would change on the floor. But age, a series of injuries which makes getting on my knees painful, and the fact I no longer have a carpeted floor on which to change have forced me to alter my methods somewhat. The method that works best for me is to lie on my back with my legs dangling over the edge of my bed. If the diaper is off-center, I stand up (supporting myself with one hand) and adjust the diaper until it's where it needs to be. I then lie back down and tape the diaper on.

• 2 weeks later...

I put my diaper on standing or laying. And do the bottoms first, I havent ever tried the top first but it seems to me the diaper wouldnt fit right with top first and wouldnt work at all to do top first standing. Doing bottom first makes a firm fit in the crotch area and all the diaper companies will tell you to do the bottom first.

I put my diaper on standing or laying. And do the bottoms first, I havent ever tried the top first but it seems to me the diaper wouldnt fit right with top first and wouldnt work at all to do top first standing. Doing bottom first makes a firm fit in the crotch area and all the diaper companies will tell you to do the bottom first.

Of course you are welcome to tape your diapers anyway you like.

I was refering to the fact that many of the diaper companies use or have videos on how to put a diaper on for first time care givers and they showand use bottom tapes first and if you would call their costomer service hot line and ask for instructions they would tell you to due bottom tapes first. Thats what is whats recommended but yes everyone has the right to put their diaper on how they see fit. I wasnt telling them they had to put the bottom tapes first, just telling them what is recommended for secure fit. I might try the cross tape technique when laying down just to try it. I dont remember which brands or companies have the videos , couple of them I know were retailers that had videos.

PS also if you watch youtube videos on how to change a diaper they start with bottom tapes. But it dont matter how a diaper is put on they all serve their purpose.

I'm an outdoor type of guy so when I'm on the run (such as this hunting season) I usually need to change by the Pickup or where ever... I always tape when standing up the top right side tape (use attends and liner) lightly then go to left bottom, right, left middle, right, and