LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another person traveling towards Incontinence

Is there a preferred electrolyte replenisher? Pedialyte made me gag it was so thick, regular Gatorade is high on calories and cost. I just bought a NosActive energy drink but I am not sure if it is the most appropriate just because it says it has electrolytes and only 10 calories per serving.

Spargano, There are other bottled waters too. They aren't in the sports drink and juices isle so look in the bottled water isle instead. Most won'd have the electrolytes you're looking for but there should be one or two alternatives.

Thanks Baby Brian, I will look tonight when I get done with an evening meeting. I am guessing it must have been electrolyte deficiency because my headache is largely gone every since I drank the energy drink around noon. Now I guess the question for the experts is how much of the stuff should I be drinking per day to maintain proper balance? Keeping in mind I try to push around one Liter of fluid per hour (That is a safe amount from what I have read as the near max amount the kidneys can handle per hour before water poisoning).

Thanks for the list! At 240 pounds I am drinking twice my recommended amount. I should be drinking 1.25 gallons.

I am happy my stomach bug has left me so no more diahreah :)

I woke up twice last night to pee, but I have two problems.... One, I have an itchy anus, likely from shaving my butt, which causes me to scratch down there and is possibly why I got sick. Wet diapers exasperate the situation so I have to ask if I should even bother shaving back there? And second, I need to up my nighttime protection to avoid leaks. When I woke up the first time at 2 am I had to go to the bathroom and use a baby wipe to sooth my bottom and then change my diaper.

The bulking on protection I can do, the figuring out how to fix my itchy anus is the big issue. I woke up scratching and it burned when I wiped. This is neither healthy nor safe.... What do you all suggest?

Spargano

just a thought but you could try rash cream, it's likely that you irratated your skin when shaving.

you might have a bacterial infection too... i THINK you could try to use some mild dish soap like dawn or something and that might help, don't quote me on it though as i can only wear maybe once a week for maybe 24 hours at best.

Try Gold Bond Body Powder - yellow bottle. It is real talc not corn starch so it won't aggravate a yeast infection if you have one. It has a little menthol in it so it helps calm down the itch and keep the skin dry. Great for sweaty thighs and monkey butt. :)

or try calmoseptine, i just got some from walgreen's upon the recommendation of our pediatrician for our baby girl's rash... the cashier said she worked in a nursing home and recommends it because it has worked well

Try just trimming your hair down there I found trimming my pubic hairs above privates isnt itchy like shaving is. I use my old beard trimmer and it gets it close to shaved.

Ok, between my polynidal cyst acting up today and my itchy anus, my run this evening was certainly not the most enjoyable. I haven't bought the goldbond or that cream so tonight after my shower I'll use my a&d ointment and hope for the best.

Also, I guess when running the bladder acts differently because even though I have hydrated a lot I felt no urges when running at 5 mph for 30 minutes.

Spargano

Soo, I am thinking the diahrea caused this rash and the scratching worsened it to this enflamed state. Following the advice of Whisko I purchased calmoseptine and of Creepymouse I purchased gold-bond body powder. I am going to take a Epsom salt bath to try and calm it down and then air dry for a while. I really wish I had condom catheters and a bag on hand during this... I think I might purchase some to have as emergency essentials should this ever happen again.

In summary... Ouch

or try calmoseptine, i just got some from walgreen's upon the recommendation of our pediatrician for our baby girl's rash... the cashier said she worked in a nursing home and recommends it because it has worked well

Wow, the goldbond medicated powder burned, but this calmoseptine stuff was thick as spackle, and within twenty minutes the burning was down. It has only been a few hours so I will see how long it lasts, but thank you! This is very nice. Now I just have to fear my bowel movements :( the wipe after will reignite the pain I am sure, but hopefully this will pass within a few days.

this calmoseptine stuff was thick as spackle, and within twenty minutes the burning was down. It has only been a few hours so I will see how long it lasts, but thank you! This is very nice.

lol, i have inspired a purchase halfway across the country :-D glad it worked and was gentle enough. my wife doesn't like it because of the menthol, but it's working well...

So... I made a bonehead blunder. I over padded the inside of my diaper and had a very leaky situation (thankfully contained on cloth diaper and plastic pants failsafe). I am taking my church group to Minneapolis and it was a 5-6 bus trip. Knowing I couldn't change in the bus I thought I had sufficiently double diapered to last 6 hours. But it is hard to pee while moving around on a bus and carrying on dozens of conversations. We got to mall of America and I brought my backpack, explaining I might want to do work and changed into a fresh diaper.

Glad that medicine is mostly working because 6 hours in a soaked diaper would NOT have been good if it was as bad as two days ago.

Not going to be a good training day or weekend I suspect....

Spargano

Sigh.... Staying hydrated on a trip like this is so much harder than at home. I am extremely style dehydrated and the result is very little output :( next time I attend one of these trips I will have to pack water bottles...

Spargano

Just a quick question Spargano.

I'm off work this week and again im diapered up. For the last 4 days I have just let loose in my diaper.

Anyway, I was peeing and thought I would see if I could stop it/weaken the flow even more and when I tried to clench my external sphincter it hurt. It hurt that much I bent over in pain and grabbed my abdominal area until it automatically unclenched itself. The pee flow was restricted for less than a second. Have you any experience with this or anyone else? One other thing. I was changing my clothes and diaper when I coughed and I ended up peeing a little, maybe about 1oz without any control or being able to stop it. I never felt it coming either and didn't have an urge to pee. I'm guessing it's stress incontinence but from the above does it sound like my pelvic floor muscles are weakening? At this stage I don't know whether to continue or stop.

Pilot

Pilot,

Your description of the pain that you experienced when you tried to tighten your external sphincter to reduce the flow of urine sounds very much like my symptoms. I have frequent urge in continence. I do not experience a gradual build up of feeling that I need to urinate. I get sudden, intense urges that quickly become painful unless I let go. Trying to stop or slow down the flow is also painful.

Just a quick question Spargano.

I'm off work this week and again im diapered up. For the last 4 days I have just let loose in my diaper.

Anyway, I was peeing and thought I would see if I could stop it/weaken the flow even more and when I tried to clench my external sphincter it hurt. It hurt that much I bent over in pain and grabbed my abdominal area until it automatically unclenched itself. The pee flow was restricted for less than a second. Have you any experience with this or anyone else? One other thing. I was changing my clothes and diaper when I coughed and I ended up peeing a little, maybe about 1oz without any control or being able to stop it. I never felt it coming either and didn't have an urge to pee. I'm guessing it's stress incontinence but from the above does it sound like my pelvic floor muscles are weakening? At this stage I don't know whether to continue or stop.

Pilot

Hi Pilot,

It is impossible for me to know if your floor is weakening. Certainly it would not weaken in 4 days, however it is possible you have stumbled on the correct feeling to release on cue. Congratulations if that is the case.

Regarding the stress incontinence, I am not able to diagnose or really guess except that perhaps you pulled something in your little experiment and the stress incontinence will go away as it heals.

The only time I felt burning or pain was after trying to force pee at the doctor's office. It was probably from having my urethra open so much when nothing was coming...therefore I don't think I can adequately answer you.

Update for me, while visiting my wife my liquid consumption is limited and causing very erratic voiding patterns, 30 minutes up to 3 hours. The pee is yellow, stinks, and burns my skin when it lasts that long between voids :(.

Also, I am glad my mother in law already knows because while I was out she decided to clean my wife's and my room. I had an unopened bag of diapers under the bed that I found beside the bed when I came back. That could have been an awkward conversation, lol.

Spargano