LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wanting to try diapers...would anyone mind offering advice?

Hi ^.^ I'm Leah, I'm not new to being little but I'm very, very new to diapers. Recently I've been talking to my Daddy about trying diapers. The problem is, neither of us have any clue where to begin! If anyone has any advice I'd be incredibly grateful!!

Me, I also have a pair of PUL (polyurethane laminate) pants.

I have recently noticed a "starter kit" or "fit kit" for sale in my local rite aid or CVS from Depends. It is a sample pack with a couple different things to let you try them on for less than the price of a full package.

If you want to be able to really Depend on the diapers you buy in the store, they will need reinforcement. Avoid Poise as being a little too cheap; get Serenity brand Overnight or Ultimate sized pee pads from Tena and put one in front of the daper.

A disposable diaper can be deodorized after use with a dollop of hydrogen peroxide and stuck in a gallon ziploc to control odor for a few days until garbage pickup.

Oh, and remember to enjoy and experiment -- your mileage and mine may be entirely different. De gustibus non disputandem est.

you might try calling the companies that sell adult diapers and medical supplies, like hdis, woodbury, etc... and ask for catalogs, and some of them will give you free samples with a catalog, some you will have to ask for them, some manufacturers will send you free samples too, like principle business enterprises who makes the tranquility brand, the lady that I talked to there sent me free samples, id be tempted to suggest something else to do with them but that would be out of line haha

There's also the option of cloth, which is my preference. It feels the most baby-ish (at least to me it does). It saves money over the cost of disposable diapers, and cloth diapers and waterproof pants are reusable. You might not find it worth the trouble of washing and drying cloth, but it is a great option.

you might try calling the companies that sell adult diapers and medical supplies, like hdis, woodbury, etc... and ask for catalogs, and some of them will give you free samples with a catalog, some you will have to ask for them, some manufacturers will send you free samples too, like principle business enterprises who makes the tranquility brand, the lady that I talked to there sent me free samples, id be tempted to suggest something else to do with them but that would be out of line haha

There's also the option of cloth, which is my preference. It feels the most baby-ish (at least to me it does). It saves money over the cost of disposable diapers, and cloth diapers and waterproof pants are reusable. You might not find it worth the trouble of washing and drying cloth, but it is a great option.

I suggested cloth already. Do you have any anecdotes to add?

Yes, you did! For a really efficient diapering system, I use diaper flannel "flats" that I make from yardage. The fabric I use is 27" wide. I cut each diaper approximately 34" long and double hem the edges so the diapers won't fray and so I have a substantial diaper pin "landing zone." I make soaker panels out of a material called Zorb. (Zorb is available online either directly

Also if your just starting out and just want a cheaper alternative to adult diapers you could try girls pull-up pajama pants,they don't hold gallons but there not to bad as long as you don't flood them,gentle trickle makes them last longer,it does depends on the size of your hips,my waiste being male is around 30" and they fit me just nice,get the goodnights,not the huggies as the waste band deteriorates rapidly.

Hi ^.^ I'm Leah, I'm not new to being little but I'm very, very new to diapers. Recently I've been talking to my Daddy about trying diapers. The problem is, neither of us have any clue where to begin! If anyone has any advice I'd be incredibly grateful!!

"where to begin"?

DO NOT USE HDIS unless you don't mind getting frequent catalogs and phone calls!!!!!

ive never had that problem with them, when they sent follow up stuff in the mail after I got a sample, I just emailed them asking to be taken off a mailing list and they never sent me anything else