Gennie

FIrearms  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a firearm?

• Yes, I do
    • No, I don't
    • Had some, they're gone
    • I've been thinking about getting one.

Explosives/hazardous materials doesn't have nearly the lobby that firearms do. Few even know that there are separate laws restricting them. Not many people being willing to rally for the right to have radioactive waste, large stashes of c4 compound, or huge vats of hydrochloric acid.

So you have a tank and some ICBMs in your garage then?

if I did have a tank, what business of it would it be of yours? you just worry about you, leave me to me, in other words mind your own business and don't worry about what other people have.

And you know what; even as a pro-gun advocate, I agree. Assault rifles are built to suppress a squad of soldiers while leaving a few rounds for accurate placement. Not practical for self defense, not practical for hunting, not exactly practical for home defense either.

if I did have a tank, what business of it would it be of yours? you just worry about you, leave me to me, in other words mind your own business and don't worry about what other people have.

If you have firepower that destructive, it DOES become your neighbor's business. I don't especially appreciate it if you can't keep your main gun ordinance properly stored, for example, and it cooks off and blows up not just your house but mine.

Those who LEGALLY own full autos, this is true. Owning one puts you on the radar of every law enforcement agency in the country, requires massive taxes and paperwork, and yea, even a rumor of it being involved in a crime will bring a heavily armed team to your door before you can sneeze.

If you have firepower that destructive, it DOES become your neighbor's business. I don't especially appreciate it if you can't keep your main gun ordinance properly stored, for example, and it cooks off and blows up not just your house but mine.

And you miss my point; firepower after a point DOES become other people's business, and a tank's ordinance is well within that. 105mm HEAT ordinance (that's what your tank would probably fire) is very much a hazard to everyone if you can't keep it properly.

And you miss my point; firepower after a point DOES become other people's business, and a tank's ordinance is well within that. 105mm HEAT ordinance (that's what your tank would probably fire) is very much a hazard to everyone if you can't keep it properly.

blame the user, not the tool

i agree, and trying to force what one believes on another is not only bad for discussion its also fascism, someone telling me they think i should register or that i shouldn't have a gun, is just as wrong as me telling that person to go out and buy some or else, and personally when someone tries that with me i naturally push back. there needs to be more respect for each others beliefs, not just saying in different ways "you are wrong, you have to think like i do" and instead do what i mentioned in this thread and in at least one other, that is agree to disagree.

Repeat, yes, it would be your business if I was housing ammunition capable of leveling your house AND mine. This is not a shotgun or even an assault rifle we're talking about, this is something that is a legitimate hazard to the well being of life and property around you without professional storage means and skills. There's a reason why ordinance is kept the way it's kept.