LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are you blind or visually impaired?

Just wondering if there was anyone else on the site who is blind or visually impaired. If so have you ever been to a national Federation of the blind convention? Just wanting to reach out to others that are like myself.

I am not completely blind, but I'm severely impaired in my left eye (20/400 uncorrected) while near normal in my right (20/25). I also have

about 5% in the left eye and nothing in the right

I was legally blind for a while in the early 1980s until I had eye surgery. No picnic, I guarantee that! It forced me to quit college and really screwed up my life. I'm okay now, but I'm still blind in one eye because I would not repeat the surgery due to the fact that I have low tolerance for pain and a long recovery time. I do fine with one eye, and I managed to find a good career even though I'm not making the elementary school teacher's salary I planned on.

You might want to revisit that decision. Eye surgery has changed in the last quarter centur, in fact the whole "surgery" thing has changed. Things that would have laid you up in some horrid circumstance anre now "day surgery", I was out the day after corneal surgery (which included a partial vitrectomy and a lens implant)

the biggest improvement is in anesthesia. The first time I was in surgery I was amazed. I was under for an hour (Non-Hodgkins lymphoma) but it seems like no time had passed between the time the anasthesia started and I was coming out of it. not even so much as a comma Two hours leter I was in the room assigned to me, on the phone and doing 'Jumbles" and had a visor shortly thereafter. Anther thing is that when you come out of it. you are not groggy

When I went in for the corneal transplant. They did not have a room ready for me so I spent 5 hours in the recovery area and had to subsist on pizza and a couple of hot dogs and soda whenever I wanted them. Should I have filed charges of Little Girl abous? If I had known that I would have brought my dolly with me: Talky Tina. AND they did not let me wear my tiara!!

I did have to spend a couple of weeks in a nursing home because I could not bend over or lift moderately heavy items and had to keep water out of my eyes but I got free flu and pneumonia shots

I am Sighted but co-founded a chapter of the NFB in upstate NY with my best friend who was blind, This will Date me the last Convention we went to was Denver,after coming back from there we moved to NYC so she could pursue her Doctorate in Social Work at Columbia University,I was her Reader and when not doing that i was making a living recording "book's on tape". Unfortunately my Friend had a series of strokes about 2 Months prior to Graduation in her senior year so her Mother received her degree posthumously, That was a very hard loss for me originally when we had planned that after she graduated we would move to a small town hang out her shingle and get Married,and in the blink of an eye all that changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm blind in one eye (particularly the left) since birth. Though I can legally drive, I keep my Blind ID cane in my truck with me in case I need to use the bus for any reason. Believe me, it's actually safer for me to drive than it is for me to use public transportation. I've been told there is nothing available to correct the vision impairment ... At least until someone invents the bionic eye! Now that would be cool!

I don't know the exact ratio but I'm on the shortsighted side, have been for a few years, and it took me ages to realise it. I thought you were supposed to have diffficulty seeing stuff that was far away :P but when I realised I was having problems reading lecture slides, road signs and text on my TV screen I went to have my eyes tested.

100% blind in one eye will go blind in other eye one day.

as i tell my friend nothing wrong with being blind it's everyone else who makes it a big deal.

i just want to be treated the same with hearing hows your sight.

but i would not go to a convention for visual impaired

• 1 month later...

100% blind in one eye will go blind in other eye one day.

as i tell my friend nothing wrong with being blind it's everyone else who makes it a big deal.

i just want to be treated the same with hearing hows your sight.

but i would not go to a convention for visual impaired

Wow, didn't know that was happening right here in Orlando... I once had a plan for making my millions, cleaning and repairing computer braille terminals, but than I quickly learned how annoying all them dam pins can be... But boy do they get gummed up. (may someday get back into it...)