LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Botox Injection Into Bladder?

Personally, before a doctor would do anything like that to me, he would need to fully lay out everything that he wanted to do, the reasoning for it, and possible side effects and long term damage from using that.

Red,

It's been a few years, and I don't recall if it was on Daily Diapers or elsewhere, but there was someone who had some kind of injection into his bladder, and I think it was BoTox.

Like I said - a nutty idea! - Everything is saing the point is to hold back to a point - that issue is totally mute, has been since birth..So I see that thought as way off the wall due to the fact it looks (still dose) like it assists in preventing unwanted leaking, but leaking is no issue as far as I am concerned- what I NEED is for the damn thing to drain all the way (preferable 100% emptying without needing to cath at all anymore) now if that is similar to a few drugs I tried - like it holds more volume, but decreases pressure so at least the kidney is not being pushed on - MIGHT be a benefit, but I personally NEED to see at least half the retention amount gone or I won't consider it worth it.

I also don't yet see just how often the "side-effect" mentioned happens - that matters too, and if it's not EXTREMELY low...And I mean low - one of the medications said a side effect I got, only happens in about 2% of the people that use it - so for something more permident, I would be looking for less than 1% chance.

For my urge incontinence, my urologist suggested what was then a 'new' drug - imipramine 10-40 mg/day; intravesical botox; or interstim. Other drugs for this have not been kind to me and after reading about the Botox and interstim I declined graciously.

Well it was just a thought as I was leaving, but enough to get me curious (obviously), and from what I am seeing (after doing research, and perhaps try to get a sooner than anticipated appointment to discuss it) I think he has the right idea, but in the wrong place...

I believe I can see his point though - The botox in the bladder would increase bladder capacity, and that would reduce pressure on the kidney...unfortunately I can see it also means a higher volume - and I have leaked my whole life, it's just recently that it's not draining all the way though.

However, it looks like if you inject it in to the external sphincter, that will cause things to relax and that allows a lot more drainage - I don't recall the exact number, but I recall reading somewhere that out of roughly 1000 people that had retention issues and did this, only one still retained any - the only side effect to it that I can find is urinary incontinence - and again, that's of no consequence at all since it's been with me my whole life anyway.

Your description of your problem makes it sound as if you may be having difficulty emptying your bladder. If that's the case, catheterising yourself intermittently might be a good way to empty your bladder completely and to reduce the kidney problem you refer to. You might want to talk to your doctor about that.

Your description of your problem makes it sound as if you may be having difficulty emptying your bladder. If that's the case, catheterising yourself intermittently might be a good way to empty your bladder completely and to reduce the kidney problem you refer to. You might want to talk to your doctor about that.

Yes that is the point - and I am already self-cathing 3 times a day...