LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It Has Finally Happened, The Abena Xl2 Is No More

If you mean the M/L 4, this is a MAJOR loss. I can't believe this is happening. Time to re-support Molicare's and all those who still put their heart and soul into manufacturing quality diapers. We, as AB/DL's need to dictate to these companies the value that we place in quality diapers. Just as air travel has deteriorated due to the "Southwest effect," it appears so too are diapers (both baby and adult). Consumers who care about quality need to speak up...and vote with their dollars!

Relax, we dont even know what he's even talking about yet... Not to mention, Abena is aware of our community, and Abena is aware of our preference towards plastic backed. True statements. As for the XL2, I say again, wtf is that?

Relax, we dont even know what he's even talking about yet... Not to mention, Abena is aware of our community, and Abena is aware of our preference towards plastic backed. True statements. As for the XL2, I say again, wtf is that?

I could see them giving the axe to less popular sizes with certain features. It is reasonable to say the majority of users fall into the M or L category. If plastic backing is becoming less popular amongst the world and in addition, a small percentage of those are xl, then it might not be worth it to keep manufacturing. It's the simple practice of supply and demand.

As far as the M and L plastic backed going away, well, I'd assume there's enough of a demand to keep it alive.......for now....

Its the extra large Abena 2

Ditto this above, I went to Xp medical site and checked on availability of the extra large (XL) abena level 2 and they are not listed. The owners is very active with his business and very much on top of product availability, so if he gets a notice that a certain product is no longer available from the manufacturer, he passes it along and or posts it on hi site. Here is mor einfo Gary poated about that whats happeneing

http://www.xpmedical.com/plasticbacked.html

As for codhero24 "calming down" a bit, I don't see that as a necessary response. It could be possible that he doesn't use Abena products so isn't familiar with the product designation. I wear M-4's and to someone who doesn't know what that is it doesn't make any sense> to those of us who do know, you, know that refers to the Abena Medium 4 (formerly known as the Abena X-plus) which is the thickest and most absorbent extended wear product of the Abena line, in size medium.

people who don't use Abenas wouldn't know that.

So, going back to the OP, that means there is one less "plastic backed" product available for those who wear an Extra large (XL) product, and prefer the plastic backed version.

The 'good' news is that:

1) Gary bought up all the remaining stock of what was left of the Abena XL2 available and has them, :) for about a year until stock is depleted. Then he will have to stock what Abena offers.

2) the Abena XL2 will transition over to the 'cloth like' backing, which some people don't seem to like, but as they say in other industries, "You can't fight city hall" it is what it is

So "technically' the XL2 is still available, just not with the plastic outer shell...so it's not totally the end of the world, it just got a bit softer and quieter ;) so to speak.

2) the Abena XL2 will transition over to the 'cloth like' backing, which some people don't seem to like, but as they say in other industries, "You can't fight city hall" it is what it is

So "technically' the XL2 is still available, just not with the plastic outer shell...so it's not totally the end of the world, it just got a bit softer and quieter ;) so to speak.

Abenas have a simple system, The higher the number, the thicker and heavier duty the product. So an Abena XL-2 isn't as thick or bulky or has as much capacity as the Abena XL-4. The XL-2 might be a good all around daytime diaper, but the XL-4 works either as an extended wear day or night time product, due to it's higher capacity.

The choice of which product you would need depends on a lot of variables. Output, length of wear and your personal preference and comfort.

I wear M-4's a lot because I like the ability or wear for long periods with out changing, and being in a soggy diaper doesn't bother me, and it handles pretty much anything I can put out :blush: But thats just me. Some others will wear the m-2 (or L-2 or XL-2) because they want something more discreet, and they have the ability to change more often, so they can get away with a thinner product that doesn't hold as much.

The only thing thats apparently going away is the plastic backing or outer shell, the product size will still be available but with the newer cloth-like outer shell, so it's not totally the end of the world, unless you don't like the cloth like backing, then you might need to do some shopping.

Hope this helps :)