LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Absorbance....

Out of curiosity, I tested the maximum absorbancy of some baby diapers. To work this out, I weighed a dry diaper, wrote this down, and placed said dry diaper open, and in a sink full of hot water for 1 hour. After the hour, I released the water, so the excess would drain. I then weighed the full diaper, sutracted the difference from the dry diaper to get the weight of water the diaper absorbed. I then, using a measuring jug on scales, poured hot water into same until I got the exact same weight. These are the results I got.

• Like 1

I did it differently, since my dapers were home- made

First, I would lay the spread-out diaper on a waterproof sheet, I would then get a 1-cup container and fill it with water and pour it on the "lower" part of the front of the diaper. Repeat this until the diaper is wet to the point of neading changing

Then I would get a drey diaper and the same 8-cup and do the same as above but in evenly space time intervals rather than all at once

This is how I found out something that every mother knew when I was little. if the diaper has additional material along the center, it tales longer for the wet to leave that area than if the diaperis the same thickness throughout. This keeps the caustic wetness between the leg, right up against that most sensitive area longer, which is what you do not want; you want the wet aray fromk that area as quickly as possible

I believe I posted somewhere already that SAP with tap water vs. urine is at least 5 times more absorbent. Non the less interesting figures and something both Angela as well as many others can attest to using Baby diapers as a "pad" or stuffer is the way to go.

Most here are asking commenting about saline vs water. I did same test with commercially available saline solution heated to 37.0 degrees celcius (average internal body temperature) and the difference between hot water(37.0c) and saline was 10-12% on average.

All I know is ever since I started using generic number 6 baby diapers as stuffers, I've noticed how much more the baby diaper seems to absorb than the adult diaper ( and I was using the real stuff, too!