LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's New Product Signals The End Of The Diaper Fetish!

BigC300

With the introduction of Depend's new big boy and big girl pants called "Underwear", the user's are supposed to actually go to the bathroom in their big boy or big girl pants. This will definitely send the diaper fetish into the dust bin of history.

This is obviously a euphemism. If you walked down the street in this underwear, you would be called out for wearing diapers. Even Abena calls their products "briefs" They are not called diapers.

Maybe Depend should market adult Big Boy Pants! lol. Hmm... I wonder if that'd cross Trademark lines? Would they have to be red and white checkered with suspenders? Maybe they could come with a 20% off coupon for a patty melt!

Well depend has no chance to run the market, with there products. They are as bout as bad as you can get. Not to mention pull-ups ( under-wear) are made for mild leakeage. Which i would say is on a increase in the world due to age, being over weight, and god only knows what all else. The briefs will always be around, because mild leakeage can only do one thing for the most part. Just get worse and worse.

This has been out for a while though it is a new thing that they have celebrities wear them for commercials is the new thing, though these were really meant for the people that thought it would be a good idea maybe to wear for a slight leak here or there.

Freddie, I've said this before and you hit it on the head too. Depends is solely focusing their marketing to the largest crowd, in order to make the largest profit. Right now that crowd (baby boomers) are around the age where occasional leakage occurs. As they get older I believe Depends will change their marketing strategy to stay current with their largest, profitable market. I give it another 10 years then believe we will start seeing decent depends again.

I doubt we will see better Depends:( They cover a less knowledgable market segment that seeks discretion over all else. Unless they screw up hugely, they have their market pretty much locked in since Attends didn't keep pace with them in the marketplace, and that was their biggest competition :whistling: Plus they are seeking to sell more diapers, not less, so they are going to offer only the least possible absorbency so that you will have to buy more of them. Those who know are already buying better diapers online, and that is not Depends market strength area so that doesn't matter to them. Most who beciome leaky as part of aging are going to start with Depends because they are so widely available and so heavily marketed to this group. And most will stay with them until they need something better. Like the undertaker, Depends sees all of us as becoming their customer sooner or later so all they have to do is to stay in business till it's our turn to need them :rolleyes: That doesn't take a lot and Depends has shown a knack for doing that better than anyone else!

Bettypooh, That's what I was saying but you have to take into account how much larger the baby boomer market is than the rest of us. Depends is pretty well locked in to that marked segment (which now seeks discretion over all else). As that market changes and becomes more incontinent than just the dribbles and slight leaks they will start demanding a better product. Since Depends is locked in I believe they will start offering something better 10 years down the road instead of waiting for us in another 30 and loosing such a large piece of the money (I mean market) in the mean time.

Depends have changed over time, but never were they made for high capacity leakage problems :whistling: and even if those with a higher need become more prevalent, this has not and will not be the market for Depends. That part of the market is also well covered and a wise business does not go into direct competition with someone better than them unless they have to, and Depends doesn't have to ;) They are savvy enough to have taken control of their market segment so they will stay there and continue to succeed as taking that risk is just too big to attempt:o Unless there is a technological change which makes increased capacity super cheap and easy, they will remain where they are- as the 'training-pants' of the adult diaper world :roflmao: because there will always be a market for them there, just as it is now- even if other market segments change and become bigger. One does not mess with success, and Depends as a business has succeeded as well or better than the rest

Paper towels do a lot more to market their absorbancy than Depends does. I suppose it's all well and good that Lisa Rinna's red carpet dress looks good when she's wearing a diaper underneath or DeMarcus Ware can toss a football around with one on. The Tena Twist ads seem to do a better job of focusing on what people actually want most in a diaper.

Store brands are worse :bash: Depends don't have a lot of capacity, but the covers don't leak like some store brands do, and they hold enough to get me through my work day :D You're not paying for a premium diaper with Depends so don't expect them to be in that category :o

Diaper Fetish is not caused by words but is cause by a consept, the consept of wear an article of clothing that you use as a washroom. If you changed the name of the Republican Party to "Old white rasit delusional Man Party" you wouldnt get rid of the Republican Party (unfortunately) you would be calling it by another name.