LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obamacare Insurance Exchanges May Cover Diapers

You will come away thinking that the nutbags are saner than the shrinks
A friend once described psych majors as "kids so screwed up that they are studying themselves". I think she was right.
  • 6 months later...

I suspect that this refers to incontinence, not lifestyle, which means this will require medical evaluation. Then too, since diapers are OTC purchases that might not be true. Sometimes, to treat dry eye caused by anti-glaucoma drugs, artificial tears are prescribed and Medicare/Medicaid do not cover them, even though they are part of a medical regimen and used to a far greater extent than under ordiary conditions and at that level of use, create a financial burden

Can you just imagine what would happen if it came out that this was covering lifestyle? I can here Mike Savage and Eric and Gary saying "Why should the taxpayer pick up the tab so that these people can get their jollies? Let them pay for their own"

I suspect that this refers to incontinence, not lifestyle, which means this will require medical evaluation. Then too, since diapers are OTC purchases that might not be true. Sometimes, to treat dry eye caused by anti-glaucoma drugs, artificial tears are prescribed and Medicare/Medicaid do not cover them, even though they are part of a medical regimen and used to a far greater extent than under ordiary conditions and at that level of use, create a financial burden

Can you just imagine what would happen if it came out that this was covering lifestyle? I can here Mike Savage and Eric and Gary saying "Why should the taxpayer pick up the tab so that these people can get their jollies? Let them pay for their own"

Nobody wants to touch psychological for the very reason that "different people will come to different conclusions". My Ab Psych intructor used to regale the class with stories about faked mental illnesses to pull a section 8 during the Korean War. Along with that go the endless 1970's discussions about involuntary commitments and "deinstitutionalization" and the various pseudo-therapies like "Primal Scream" and "non-directive" therapy that makes the mental health sector look like you just went through the looking glass. And asking the taxpayer to fund things involving that furball without a good physiological basis is asking for trouble. Every city has its well-known "crazy check" shrink who is a direct conduit to SSI

I know this thread was idle for quite awhile, but I think we've been down that road a few times in this thread already.

Most people with infantilism will probably just tell their doctor that they're incontinent and get a prescription. With no test that can prove someone isn't incontinent, most doctors will just write the script, especially if the patient is new and claims lifelong nighttime wetting.

I'm not saying that is legal or ethical, I'm merely saying that is how most poor people with infantilism can, and probably will, obtain diapers with the Medicaid Expansion.

I read doctors will try and do tests and give you pills before they prescribe diapers. Diapers are always the last resort for doctors. Thus the reason why incontinent people would buy their own diapers because they don't want to be a lab rat or have all those tests done on them and lot of them also don't seem to like pills for it due to the bad side effects. No one seems to have a good experience with them.I still have yet to hear someone have a great experience with them.

I don't qualify for Medicaid, so actually your premise falls apart there. Still, I stand by my premise. I don't consider it fraud to apply for a valid prescription under alternative means, for privacy reasons. In fact, it's done all the time by celebrities, and in many states is a protected act.

I read doctors will try and do tests and give you pills before they prescribe diapers. Diapers are always the last resort for doctors. Thus the reason why incontinent people would buy their own diapers because they don't want to be a lab rat or have all those tests done on them and lot of them also don't seem to like pills for it due to the bad side effects. No one seems to have a good experience with them.I still have yet to hear someone have a great experience with them.