LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Silver Stackers On Here?

pampers212

There's a saying about glass houses and throwing stones.

A hyperinflationary event like Zimbabwe or the Weimar Republic cannot occur in the United States. Can not.

Weimar happened because the Germans had to pay WWI reparations in a hard currency, not their native Marks. This depleted their gold supply, so they had to buy gold with freshly printed Marks, which obviously devalued the currency. The debt of the United States is owed in Dollars, not gold or Euro or Renminbi, so the same inflationary pressure does not exist.

Zimbabwe is a 3rd world country with no economy to speak of who printed their own currency. Do you honestly think the economies of the United States and Zimbabwe are comparable? A weak currency is only a problem when you are 100% reliant on foreign imports. A weak currency is an advantage when you have an export economy.

The fact of the matter is that T-Bills pay a negative return when inflation is factored in, and the Treasury still has to fight off buyers, even with the reduced credit rating of the US. The US Dollar is, and will be, the reserve currency of the world for a long time to come.

Also, bread used to cost 9 cents in the '30s. We've already experienced, by the percentages, the doom and gloom inflation rates you're afraid of, and we're still fatter than ever. What happens is that people make more money in salaries.

There will come a day in the distant future when asteroids are mined for their resources, and gold and silver will be as common as aluminium. Probably not in our lifetimes, but it will happen.

I'm on my phone, and your video didn't show up, but I'm gonna bet it was Money as Debt, right? I agree that banks should have less leverage in their lending, but going back on the gold standard would be disastrous to the economy unless you already had a massive gold supply.

Can we try to have a more reasoned discussion without the inflammatory rhetoric?

There's a saying about glass houses and throwing stones.

A hyperinflationary event like Zimbabwe or the Weimar Republic cannot occur in the United States. Can not.

Weimar happened because the Germans had to pay WWI reparations in a hard currency, not their native Marks. This depleted their gold supply, so they had to buy gold with freshly printed Marks, which obviously devalued the currency. The debt of the United States is owed in Dollars, not gold or Euro or Renminbi, so the same inflationary pressure does not exist.

Zimbabwe is a 3rd world country with no economy to speak of who printed their own currency. Do you honestly think the economies of the United States and Zimbabwe are comparable? A weak currency is only a problem when you are 100% reliant on foreign imports. A weak currency is an advantage when you have an export economy.

The fact of the matter is that T-Bills pay a negative return when inflation is factored in, and the Treasury still has to fight off buyers, even with the reduced credit rating of the US. The US Dollar is, and will be, the reserve currency of the world for a long time to come.

Also, bread used to cost 9 cents in the '30s. We've already experienced, by the percentages, the doom and gloom inflation rates you're afraid of, and we're still fatter than ever. What happens is that people make more money in salaries.

There will come a day in the distant future when asteroids are mined for their resources, and gold and silver will be as common as aluminium. Probably not in our lifetimes, but it will happen.

I'm on my phone, and your video didn't show up, but I'm gonna bet it was Money as Debt, right? I agree that banks should have less leverage in their lending, but going back on the gold standard would be disastrous to the economy unless you already had a massive gold supply.

Can we try to have a more reasoned discussion without the inflammatory rhetoric?

AHEM....back to the OP, I have a few old silver dollars from around the turn of the (20th) century I found in my dads stuff...I guess they came from my grandfather *shrug* I also have been collecting (hoarding) bicentennial quarters and 1/2 dollars and dollars when I can find them. also $2 bills for some reason, they just find their way to me :blush: I recently counted most of it and it came to over $300 worth of quarters and bills etc. I started on the state quarters also, and have the display board for them as well. I just have a lot of old film canisters that I fill with quarters and then label which state they represent..50 states worth of full film canisters weighs a L*O*T!

I know that ultimately it's not worth much in monetary value, but it's a nice display and just something thats neet and a kind of accomplishment. I have a friend who completed his 50 state quarter board and found a display box to hang it on the wall. It looks great and is a nice conversation piece. I want to do something like that too when I move into a better place and get all my stuff settled.

I generally don't have much interest in coins, but I do like history and some old old coins and money is interesting to look at and discuss. As an 'investment' it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, and only the oldest or rarest pieces get top dollar, so generally it's just a hobby of collecting similar items for personal satisfaction and display, but to each their own....as long as you enjoy it! :)