LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Web Browsers

my brother showed me a new browser

other than IE. i never even thought about

using something else but the OPERA browser

is awesome! very fast, clean, and efficient.

and when you click on a tab, instead of opening

a new window it opens just another page in the

same window.

i'm just so pleased with this new browser that i had

to share it.

http://www.opera.com

what do you use?

my brother showed me a new browser

other than IE. i never even thought about

using something else but the OPERA browser

is awesome! very fast, clean, and efficient.

and when you click on a tab, instead of opening

a new window it opens just another page in the

same window.

i'm just so pleased with this new browser that i had

to share it.

http://www.opera.com

what do you use?

Just goes to show what a hold microsoft has on your brain.

I use MyIE2 now on then but mainly IE

i use firefox and opera. i use ie for sites that believe ie is the best and should be the only broswer that views it.

but i use firefox 98% of the time since i grew to like that it overall. Opera i think is nice though some items upset me so i just use for small items.

if you use IE, be careful as they like to set the cache way too high(set to 50mb) and they openly allow the use of activex which is why its so insecure.

• 2 weeks later...

diamondback688,

if i was you i would run a anti-spyware scanner once a week to clean out the cookies and other stuff ie grabs.

i run mine once a week and just doing simple banking stuff and stuff with my mobile phone i get about 5 things of spyware(mostly cookies) from it.

IE is nice, Microsoft just needs to work on a few issues that it has that the newer broswers has managed to fix ;)

Guest diamondback688

i run an anti spyware sweeper almost every day...on another note: this topic should be in the polls section. not the section that discusses other fetishes...

• 6 months later...

Firefox 2.0 all the way. Although I encounter rare websites that something goes wrong with, for instance I was visiting a mandarin language website the other day and the text was flashing which didn't in IE7 but still I told them and they're going to fix it

Well, because I code web pages, I have 4 browser installed so I can test things.

Internet explore

FireFox (Mozilla based)

Opera

Lynx (Text only browser, like what cell phones use)

I also Dual-Boot Linux so I can test under that platform with those browsers (Yest sometimes even the same browser and version acts a little differant if used under a differant Operating System)

Lynx (Text only browser, like what cell phones use)

I also Dual-Boot Linux so I can test under that platform with those browsers (Yest sometimes even the same browser and version acts a little differant if used under a differant Operating System)

Opera has support for WML (Wireless Markup Language or mobile web) pages. You can browse mobile internet sites with Opera and you can even use Opera to validate your pages so you know if there are any errors in your coding.

When I build wap sites for people I find Opera to be the best tool for the job.

(how many times did I say Opera then?) lol likeoperamantk1.gif

Opera has support for WML (Wireless Markup Language or mobile web) pages. You can browse mobile internet sites with Opera and you can even use Opera to validate your pages so you know if there are any errors in your coding.

When I build wap sites for people I find Opera to be the best tool for the job.

(how many times did I say Opera then?) lol likeoperamantk1.gif

The problem with that is, Opera will be detected as a Java-enabled browser, and not link to the non-java/text only code - I know SOME cell phones are now supporting java and graphics, but so few you need to assume they won't, unless browser detection tells you different. - To just jump directly to the text only page will not tell you if somehow browser detection is messed up or not....

• 3 weeks later...

I never use tabs when browsing, so that's not a point for me. After having seen the Safari site, I do have to conclude firefox is better though...

You can upgrade firefox in many additional plug-ins and you can manage them easily. Not to mention that you can get rid of all ads on a website (yes, banners and the like too). You also have a download history, something very useful too. And naturally it's open source and you can completely edit it, if you wish to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Firefox 2.0.1 - probably the de facto standard on unixish platforms. (I use Linux exclusively.) I like the way it works. It is a bit of a pig though, I really wish they'd have just stuck to the goal of making it "light" as it was originally intended to be! Safari is a good browser, it's based off of the KHTML engine, which is essentially identical in its functionality to that of Firefox. It's only on the Mac though. I liked Opera, but I have always been turned off by their desire to sell a product which is not markedly superior to other free products. I remember back in the dark ages of the internets (late 1990s?) it was actually possible for a site to not function well in any browser but IE, but those days are simply over! Other browsers have improved their functionality, and work better on every level. I remember using Mosaic, Netscape 4, Mozilla 1.0, and Dillo on Linux, and I am grateful that the browsers on this side have caught up.