LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Your (Real-Life) Parents

94 members have voted

1. 1. To what extent are your real-life parents knowing?

• They don't know and (probably) wouldn't be accepting or supportive
    • They don't know and probably would be accepting or supportive
    • They know, and weren't accepting or supportive
    • They know, and were neutral
    • They know, and were accepting or supportive
    • They know and chose or accepted an invitation to become involved

I've made allusions to my parents' acceptance of my AB self on here before, but I felt I should make a thread about it, to see if my experiences are atypical or if others had experienced the same degree of acceptance.

My Mom is pretty accepting, Dad is long gone. Still, I would not expose the DL side of my life to them, though if my diaper wearing were discovered they would automatically remember the problems I had with wetting late in my youth :( As long as I wasn't in harm's way physically today, the family including Mom would understand my wearing ;) and that is all they would need to know about it.

My parents hated it when they found out in 6th grade. They both said it was sick, mom said it was twisted. They tried to get it out of me in 6th grade. All I did was buried it at the back on my head and thought about diapers. Mom even told me no man would want to marry me if I wore them and I would lose bladder control. She also told me no one would want to share a dorm with me either in college and my life would be going backwards. But here I am an adult married and have a two year old son and I work part time. My life has still gone forward.

Guest diaperj71

My mom knows bc I told her a couple years ago. She said she had a suspicion I never stoppped my bedwetting and as a teen, I really went out of my way to hide it or at some points avoided sleeping so no accidents would happen. As an adult on my own, I got tired of hiding it and after years of sleep deprivation and lots of laundry, going to night diapers full time seemed the best option. After about seven straight years of wearing a diaper to bed it gives me no incentive to stay dry so now the problem is worse. The reason I told her was because I was coming to visit for a few days so I figured I better come clean rather than chance someone snooping or walking in on me with a diaper on. She was cool about it but a little sad bc she felt my wetting might be due to abuse when I was young. I told her it is not her fault and we are good. During my visit, it was a little uncomfortable when she came in the room to close a window. She thought i was sleeping but was super warm and I was laying in bed no covers with only a t-shirt and diaper on. She actually left the room but turned the hallway light on and came back in to stare at me for a better look i guess LOL. She was able to help me cover so my siblings are none the wiser.. I really have no desire for any of my other family to know I still have night issues.

My mum approached me about around about six months ago after noticing me wearing :P.I always suspected they were a little suspicious since they found little bits of evidence here and there, nothing like an actual diaper though. Turns out she had basically no idea, thinking it was some kind medical problem. I explained, she was excepting (as I always knew she would be) although I really don't think she understood very well but eh, she dosn't need to understand exactly. She then told my dad and I've heard nothing more about it... Apart from once when I forgot to throw away a used diaper and my mum found it. She just mentioned that I'd "Left something in the bathroom which I think belongs to you". It probably helps that she took psychology as a major. So she knows how weird but actually normal people can be :)

In my mid-twenties in had my first bouts with MS that left me bladder incontinent, this was way before I became interested in ABDL stuff. My Mom and sister had come to my house after I got out of the hospital. During my convalescence my mother and sister took care of me between home nurse visits. One evening, during the rare times I was actually awake we reminisced about the old days and how time speeds up as you age. Without thinking to much about what she was saying my mother said to me, "yeah it seems like only yesterday that I was changining your diapers" to which my sister replied, "well it was yesterday and today too." True story.

I've been very unlucky..... i told them 5 years ago after being depressed and low - and they must have realised that something was different when they caught me out with homemade ones..... i got told off then nothing was said.... then i told them when i was really low - i'd got some and i knew i had to reuse them so they didn't catch me out at the time... trouble as the more stressed i got the more i became more and more like a little girl whose been hiding behind a mask all these years.....

Unfortuneately - i've had A very BAD experience with my family and it is still carrying on today. sister cant stand me and thinks i took away her childhood, bro cant understand why, dad.... well doesn't even like LOOKING or speaking to me :( and well mums similar but she is Only just realising but its still very hard. the amout of times i've been told that i'm... ill, mad, weired, mental, odd, strange.... its a never ending list which drives me mad cause my ab world is me trying to cope with my world! I totally Regret telling them but then again... we would have never discovered some other of my problems - having aspergers syndrome and i've hidden it all my Life and its mucked me up - and my lil world has helped me cope all my life... i just hope things start to clear ups. marie

As far as I know, no one in my family knows about my fetishes. At times it is hard to keep the lifestyle hidden and also difficult to participate in it with people around me so much of the time. I have my own house, but my brother lives in it and I live with my mother. I do get to enjoy some privacy in my own house when my brother isn't home, but it's not like having the whole place to myself any time I want it. He's just a poor manager with his money and I don't have the heart not to help him by letting him live in my house. Besides, it covers most of the utilities. And staying with Mom assures that we both eat good meals.

I'm not sure if my parents know. I suspect that my mom knows but just doesn't say anything about it to me, after all this started back when I was probably 8 or 9 and we all know how bad kids are about keeping secrets.