LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Joining The Incontinent

Congratulations on your progress, I am happy that things are moving towards your goal. Question, are you experiencing involuntary release frequently or is it still completely voluntary ?

lol, I went six months straight on the '12 month program' and didn't have much success at all. But I don't go out much, especially to bars. ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you're wearing REALLY tight pants (ie spandex) the receptacle doesn't show at all, and if it did, it'd just look like you're well endowed :)

The bag literally hangs from the receptacle. It has straps that allow it to be attached to the brief, but they recommend only using them for times when you're highly active, ie sports. I haven't used them yet. I just let the bag hang, and its been working great.

The only thing I'd like to try different is the bag itself. They make a "vented" bag, which is supposed to let excess air purge from the bag without allowing liquid to pass. I find that, when I'm up walking around a lot, the bag draws air and swells. I worry that'll cause a leak, but so far it hasn't...

MDL

There are no shortcuts. Such options have high risks. These risks, which MDL and myself have avoided are retention for the most part. Any continued use of indwelling caths can lead to the retention to urine- this can lead to various issues, not limited to but including kidney issues, and daily use of interment cathing daily after using the restroom for the rest of your life. No shortcuts. Try an alarm, reverse kegals etc. -Blake-

I used an app on phone- nag alarm and chime. Combine that with sleepphones. The point of the kegals is to eventually create a habit. Where the default state is relaxed. Not vice versa. That will translate to nights. I use a high dose of melatonin at melatonin to ease the transition back to sleep when using an alarm. -Blake-

hmm. I have to try both ways both intermittent and indwelling - tried the alarm....to say the least, my spouse wasn't that thrilled about it, neither was I.

And I still void like Niagara waterfalls in the night and especially in the morning.

Inconiuto, there are severtal threads here about nighttime protection. Side-sleepers have it worst- disposables do little good here because of nothing bieing on the sides to absorb a flood :( Most use a lined plastic panty for anything that doesn't get absorbed by their diaper and it seems to work for almost everyone. Some also just wear unlined plastic panties and do fine ;) YMMV and it will be something that you have to tailor to your own needs. Experiment with this. If any wetting is too much (partner issues) start with overkill and too much protection, then work down to a level that works for you. That will keep them happier with you and that matters a lot B) Otherwise it's more comfortable for you to start minimally then work up. Trying to sleep when heavily protected is a chore when you just jump into it :blush: so expect some sleeplessness if you go that far instantly :rolleyes:

When it comes to alarms- you need to use specialized setups, just enough to wake you. Not enough to wake you up fully. You also need that supplant, such as melatonin to get back to sleep quickly.

Again- sleepphones are a must. Check amazon. They are like a like a sweatband with headphones. At the right volume an app can be non startling and rouse you just enough. The headphone setup makes sure no one else is disturbed.

Blake.

Shake&wake, or vibrating alarm watches can awaken you without awakening your bedmate. I fooled around with those for other reasons, am not actively doing so right now. I personally found an external cath to work well for peeing without getting out of bed and keeping the bed/partner dry.

YMMV, user is expected to take full responsibility for determining applicability to user's individual situation.

Help me understand here. If you're trying to become more incontinent (especially at night), then why would you want to use an alarm to wake you and interrupt your wetting while you're still asleep?