LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urinary Tract Infections

So lately since I've started wearing diapers once or twice a week I've been getting Urinary Tract Infections. I was born female and still have "female" genitalia. I'm wondering if other people with the same genitalia have the same problem as me? I recently read this thing online that said after peeing we should always wipe but when i wear diapers for a long time I obviously don't.

If I am catheterized I get a UTI. They are so agonizing! I'm a guy, so I don't know the answer to your question. I never get them and I wear diapers 24/7 because of incontinence. Ask your doc.

• Like 1

Some people are more prone to UTI's than others, and in those so prone, wearing diapers does seem to exacerbate the problem :( You may already have done so, but working with your MD and checking online medical references may shed some light on what you can do to mitigate the problem as best as is possible. WebMD and other medical sites, as well as websites dealing with Incontinence would be a good place to start. I hope you find a solution soon :)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Quick, off-the-cuff suggestions

Cranberry Juice. (actually helps fend off infections, especially if you get the somewhat expensive and bitter pure stuff)

Blueberries and/or their juice

Drink plenty of fluids -- bacteria have a hard time thriving if they are starved for nutrients and constantly moved out of the body

I think some may swear by probiotics. You might also want to consider a dry booster pad at the urethral opening even if the rest of the diaper is not changed.

Finally, there is Bactrim..

• Like 1

Quick, off-the-cuff suggestions

Cranberry Juice. (actually helps fend off infections, especially if you get the somewhat expensive and bitter pure stuff)

Blueberries and/or their juice

Drink plenty of fluids -- bacteria have a hard time thriving if they are starved for nutrients and constantly moved out of the body

LOL. I made some blueberry juice in my juicer and it made my wet diapers smell different! Not sure what the difference was, but they weren't as pungent as they are sometimes. My wife says I pee tea. I drink a lot of tea. True Blueberry tea is very nice. But even if I drink the juices, if I'm catheterized I still get a UTI.

Thanks everyone for the really good advice :)

unfortunately, I actually think it has nothing to do with the diapers now :'(

I took antibiotics from my doctor and finished with the pills. I drank tons of fluid and cranberry juice but I am still having symptoms of a uti. I've had bladder infections before but it's never hurt this much and this week I actually peeded myself in bed while sleeping (I don't wear diapers when my family is home). Maybe it isn't a uti. I'm actually having other problems so I had to see a GI doctor and what ever is wrong with me the doctor said it could have affected my bladder too. I'm getting a colonoscopy done in 3 weeks and i'll hopefully find out.

to be honest I'm horrified by the procedure of the colonoscopy. I can't eat the day before for the whole day and i have fainting problems when I don't eat any carbs. Also I'm just afraid of dying from the anesthesia or waking up in the middle of it all with a camera inserted in my rectum and freaking out.

Has anyone ever gotten one done before??

Yes, I have had one done before, and am due for another next month.

I had to do the things you describe...but I did not stop drinking water when I was supposed to. Basically, you get the runs so your guts are empty for the procedure.

So first, as the one nurse is putting the IV needle in, the other nurse is giving me the third degree about who I am and whether I am supposed to get a colonoscopy and wondering why I can't talk and have a needle stuck in my forearm at the same time.

Second, I woke up mid procedure and told them I had to pee. I think I filled a two quart pitcher. This time, I am going to let them know beforehand and see if I get catheterised.

If you are having blood sugar control problems, this is something your Doctor needs to know about and assist you with dealing with it.

Colonoscopy when diapered? Sure did it...well they had to take it off me for the procedure of course. Actually didn't hurt at all. The worst part was the laxatives to clean me out.

Catheterized. Sure I am right now with a folley. I've had one constantly draining into my diaper for a few weeks now. No sign of a UTI yet (I drink plenty of cranberry just to make sure too).

Queerking,

1/ ‘Increased susceptibility to urinary tract infections linked to diaper usage’

2/ ‘Damage to urinary system linked to diaper usage’

3/ ‘Increased susceptibility to rash / infection linked to diaper usage’

The above are some of the misinformation floating around. What I mean by misinformation is – they are partially true, but to be completely true need the rest of the relevant information.

1/ Yes, you may have increased susceptibility to urinary tract infections, but this is based on your urinary output rather than diaper usage. If you are tending to consume high caffeine drinks, your urine will be highly concentrated in caffeine by products. The way to avoid urinary tract infections is to increase ones consumption of water and/or water lightly flavoured with some fruit juice concentrate. Yes, the more you drink equates to the more urine you will void, and all that entails, but since you are basically processing water, your body has the ability to sterilize correctly your urinary tract which reduces and eventually eliminates urinary tract infection creating bacteria.

2/ If you try to interfere with the voiding process – introduction of catheters etc – due to the fact that you which to wet your diaper, yes you can damage the associated sphincters and also the tract and bladder walls. Also, catheter play / usage in a non sterile environment will introduce bacteria where one wishes to be bacteria free.

3/Yes, in an unclean environment, you will get one of, what is commonly grouped as ‘diaper rash’ from diaper usage. However, this is easily avoidable by using a barrier cream / diaper cream, and by cleaning the diaper area correctly during EVERY diaper change. – A dry diaper still contains sweat – which in the warm environment of the diaper area – can start ones skin to breakdown – and cause ‘diaper rash’.

• 8 months later...

So lately since I've started wearing diapers once or twice a week I've been getting Urinary Tract Infections. I was born female and still have "female" genitalia. I'm wondering if other people with the same genitalia have the same problem as me? I recently read this thing online that said after peeing we should always wipe but when i wear diapers for a long time I obviously don't.

Cranberry Juice. At least one cup a day. The few times I've ever had a UTI, that did the trick.