LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Uk Adult Baby Television Program Broadcast Date

ToddlerDavy

Its on 4OD at the moment for UK people: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-15-stone-babies

Frankly I think it went down rather well, as others in this thread have said. I'll start with what I thought were the bad aspects and move onto the good...

Three things stood out that annoyed me:

The first was the US man who played Daddy to the lady ('kat'?) who age-played 5 to 6. He just came off as really creepy. I really hate to say this, but he was made to look like the gutter-press stereotype of a paedophile and I felt his inclusion put a sinister undertone to the whole show and undermined the messaging from others about ABDL being totally unrelated to paedophilia. Like all communities we will have some bad people; I'm certainly not suggesting this guy is one, but the editing seemed skewed to make him look particularly dubious. Judging by the comments I've read elsewhere, a lot of people seem to have the same view on this.

The second was the lack of any real explanation or exploration of the concepts / differences ("spectrum" or whatever) between AB, DL and/or Ageplay/Regression. They did cover the latter part fairly well with the US girl (philosophy student - 'kat'?) and some of the comments from the littles-party she organised; though I suspect the average viewer wouldn't really have noticed the distinctions unless it had been explained. It did just seem a bit too 'AB' focussed, and even then heavily so on nappies/diapers. Then again... the show was called "The 15 stone babies" so maybe this was intentional given the limited time they have in a 45 min show.

Finally, the show again partly reinforced the stereotype of AB's being mostly fat men ... maybe its true ... or maybe they could only find willing participants in the show who fit that group, but its a shame they didn't show more fit and healthy (i.e. not overweight) age-players. Ironically most of the US people shown seemed to be slimmer and healthier - which I suspect it actually a lot more representative of the community at large [no pun intended].

Onto the good sides...

Overall I felt the people interviewed in the show did a really good job. Particular credit goes to the man and woman who ran the AB nursery (Derek and Maxine?) who were the main focus, ToddlerDavy and the man in the blue onesie who was interviewed sitting in a crib. All came out really well and demonstrated that the community does have sane, respectable and upstanding members of society who happen to have an interest in something others might not. Between them (and some others - like the American dude on the rocking-horse, the lady who organised the littles-party ... again kat?, and the older lady who produces AB garments), they lifted the show far above the "gypsy weddings" freak-fodder and into being a somewhat respectable documentary. Credit where its due - they did a great job of showing the community in a positive light.

The show made clear that not all people involved in ABDL practices are necessarily doing so for sexual reasons. Neither did they suggest it was totally a non-sexual domain too - which I think helped balance out the show and demonstrate that the ABDL community is broader than the simple stereotype people may have had before hand. Likewise, they made a valiant effort to cover a wide range of characters - showing people from a broad spectrum of ages, occupations and life histories which helped here.

They lady who produces AB dresses and other AB garments was a nice inclusion. I think it would have been interesting for them to interview some of the retailers of ABDL themed nappies/diapers and to talk about the number of customers they have, how much people spend etc. but I suppose that might not have been possible and its not really about the ABDL community as such. Eh well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its on 4OD at the moment for UK people: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-15-stone-babies

Frankly I think it went down rather well, as others in this thread have said. I'll start with what I thought were the bad aspects and move onto the good...

Three things stood out that annoyed me:

The first was the US man who played Daddy to the lady ('kat'?) who age-played 5 to 6. He just came off as really creepy. I really hate to say this, but he was made to look like the gutter-press stereotype of a paedophile and I felt his inclusion put a sinister undertone to the whole show and undermined the messaging from others about ABDL being totally unrelated to paedophilia. Like all communities we will have some bad people; I'm certainly not suggesting this guy is one, but the editing seemed skewed to make him look particularly dubious. Judging by the comments I've read elsewhere, a lot of people seem to have the same view on this.

The second was the lack of any real explanation or exploration of the concepts / differences ("spectrum" or whatever) between AB, DL and/or Ageplay/Regression. They did cover the latter part fairly well with the US girl (philosophy student - 'kat'?) and some of the comments from the littles-party she organised; though I suspect the average viewer wouldn't really have noticed the distinctions unless it had been explained. It did just seem a bit too 'AB' focussed, and even then heavily so on nappies/diapers. Then again... the show was called "The 15 stone babies" so maybe this was intentional given the limited time they have in a 45 min show.

Finally, the show again partly reinforced the stereotype of AB's being mostly fat men ... maybe its true ... or maybe they could only find willing participants in the show who fit that group, but its a shame they didn't show more fit and healthy (i.e. not overweight) age-players. Ironically most of the US people shown seemed to be slimmer and healthier - which I suspect it actually a lot more representative of the community at large [no pun intended].

Onto the good sides...

Overall I felt the people interviewed in the show did a really good job. Particular credit goes to the man and woman who ran the AB nursery (Derek and Maxine?) who were the main focus, ToddlerDavy and the man in the blue onesie who was interviewed sitting in a crib. All came out really well and demonstrated that the community does have sane, respectable and upstanding members of society who happen to have an interest in something others might not. Between them (and some others - like the American dude on the rocking-horse, the lady who organised the littles-party ... again kat?, and the older lady who produces AB garments), they lifted the show far above the "gypsy weddings" freak-fodder and into being a somewhat respectable documentary. Credit where its due - they did a great job of showing the community in a positive light.

The show made clear that not all people involved in ABDL practices are necessarily doing so for sexual reasons. Neither did they suggest it was totally a non-sexual domain too - which I think helped balance out the show and demonstrate that the ABDL community is broader than the simple stereotype people may have had before hand. Likewise, they made a valiant effort to cover a wide range of characters - showing people from a broad spectrum of ages, occupations and life histories which helped here.

They lady who produces AB dresses and other AB garments was a nice inclusion. I think it would have been interesting for them to interview some of the retailers of ABDL themed nappies/diapers and to talk about the number of customers they have, how much people spend etc. but I suppose that might not have been possible and its not really about the ABDL community as such. Eh well.

• 3 weeks later...

awwww davy, that was adorable. what a well put together doc, the music set a whimsical tone and i agree with all the comments, it shows it with out demonizing. Made me think a lot about my own vulnerability and

• 8 months later...