LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Eight Days 24/7

dondd

Well, I did it. Eight days straight of 24/7 wearing. Call it a new personal best if you would like. The opportunity came up and I went with it.

Recently, i have taken to wearing a diaper at those times when access to a toilet is limited. When is that you might ask? One of my hobbies is officiating cross country and track and field events. All too often these are held in venues with a minimum of facilities - i have worked events where over a thousand competitors and spectators had to share a pair of outhouses - and/or the event responsibilities require my undivided attention for a several hour stretch.

Mind you that this is a situation that has existed for the 10 years or more that I have been involved in these sports. Until this fall I have literally dehydrated myself for 8 - 12 hours in advance of the events to reduce the need to urinate during these events. As you may imagine I am not feeling my best under these conditions. Keep up the denial of liquids and you feel poorly. Give in and you fight needing to pee.

As a lifelong DL I have long seen diapers as a solution to this quandary that was lacking only in discretion.

Without going into great detail let us just accept that my situation limits my selection of diapers to what I can buy at the local retail store. (If you really need to know the sordid details just send me a message.) And until recently that meant Depends Fitted Briefs/Maximum Protection/Protection with Tabs, or whatever the name of the day may be. I can live with that, and I do love a plastic covered diaper. But plastic covered diapers are noisy and indiscreet.

Now that Depends are no longer offered at literally every store I had to look for an alternate diaper. I wound up getting Walgreen's Certainty diapers. I have been pleasantly surprised! Earlier tries with cloth-like diapers were decidedly unsatisfactory. These are quiet, and therefore discrete, and hold at least as much as any Depend product I have worn and likely quite more.

But getting back on topic, several weeks ago the stars came into a favorable alignment - I had to work a meet in unfavorable weather. This means that in addition to getting up and leaving the house before my spouse gets up in the morning I would be wearing rain gear that could conceal just about anything i could wear underneath. So, without much further thought, I diapered up and drove off to the meet.

To put it simply, it was a great decision! For the first time in all the years that I have been doing these meets I no longer had the constant worry and pressure of a full bladder for the 6 - 7 hours duration of the meet. As circumstances allowed, basically just before and after the meet, I visited the sole porta-potty, pulled down the front of my diaper and relieved myself. Other than that I simply used the diaper. No flooding. Just let off some pressure and kept doing what I had to do.

It was great! Until I freed myself from the constant worry over my liquid intake and bladder status I really do not think I realized how much stress my frequent and strong urges to urinate were imposing on me.

A week later I did it again. Better weather this week and no rain gear to add that extra level of concealment. A loose pair of jeans took care of that. Quite frankly, not having to worry about my bladder allows me to concentrate on the tasks at hand without distraction. I perform better and am of much better disposition.

One other difference this week, though. When I returned after this meet my wife was home. Oh well, I thought. She already knows that I wear diapers, though she has strong negative feelings on the subject. If she notices it won't be a good day but at least my diapers did what I needed them to do for me that morning.

Did she notice? Not at all. Soon after getting home my wife, daughter, and grandchildren all went shopping. No opportunity to change or remove my diaper, just off we go! No one noticed! No noise, no telltale outline in the pants, and I continued to use the toilet as needed and just let off pressure in the diaper when a toilet was not handy. Once home I discretely removed my now quite wet diaper and disposed of it.

Eight days ago the same situation can up and of course I padded up and went on my way. This time, however, at the end of the day I simply changed into a new diaper at the end of the day. And again the next morning. And so on and so forth. I have that rare week out of the office where I can wear jeans and not worry about my diaper showing.

So, for the last eight days, i have been in a diaper around the clock with the exception of showers or to defecate. Though I like a poopy diaper as much as the next person, my situation simply does not allow that indulgence, at least not on a regular basis.

Tomorrow morning, at oh-dark-thirty, i need to dress like a professional and work a trade show here in Chicago. That is when my diaper time ends.

It has been fun and will do it again at the very next opportunity. It has been both fun and somewhat educational. Wearing 24/7 reinforces my estimation that what I find an enjoyable diversion must be a significant challenge for those unfortunate enough to be truly incontinent.

Never the less, I find that this last eight days has been so comforting and enjoyable that I look forward to a repeat performance.

If you have read this far, thank you! Do you have a similar experience to share?

It's been some time back when I started 24/7 so no comments there ;) I do some volunteering at events where the list of qualified persons volunteering is small and we're often short-handed :( We try for 2 hour shifts, or at least having someone on standby nearby so you can get a break, yet sometimes you're stuck in one spot for the duration, which often is 3-5 hours. The job can be critical so you can't always take a quickie whenever you want to. If you know the event well you can usually find a few places where you can 'sneak off' for 2 minutes or so without being missed but that's about it- any longer and you won't be asked to do it again :o

Sometimes you can plan for being stuck, other times someone is reassigned or someone doesn't show up at the last minute, and you get the news only when you arrive, having to deal with it as-is <_< Only once was I really worried about not having enough protection on though I managed that OK. I did need a change before the after-event stuff :blush: Heavily used porta-johns are not a fun place to do that :angry: I always try to see what the worst-case scenario is and plan accordingly so I'm always freshly diapered on arrival :) Those who think they'd like to be incontinent need to know the pitfalls too- it's not all fun and games when your change can't wait any longer :crybaby: This is one place where being a DL has made my life easier- I know how long I can last which frees up the other people to do other things which need doing, thus making it better for everyone :D And it nearly guarantees that I'll get the job I want to do year after year :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

Given the condition of most porta-potties at many venues after a few hours of use I am quite happy to use diapers instead of said 'facilities'. What is it about bathroom habits that seems to bring out the worst in people anyway? Urine all over the floor or the seat. Fecal matter smeared everywhere.....disgusting.

I tend to wear baggy clothes anyway so I can get away with wearing an Abena L4, Dry 24/7, or any other similarly sized diaper. They can handle at least two wettings with ease which is usually more than enough for any type of venues that I frequent.....

It's a different mindset than the diaper here and there. When it's just a one-and-done, I don't have to worry about coordinating diaper changes with activities, etc., as I pretty much have control of the time and place. 24x7 for an extended period? Pretty much need to be prepared for anything.

I've done a few extended 24x7 periods (wetting, no messing). After one week-long one I was glad to be done and didn't wear for awhile. Last winter's 10-day one ended better - could have kept going and was back in a diaper pretty quickly.

When I get back from a scheduled business trip later this fall I'm planning a 3-week+ 24x7. I already have the cases of Abenas stockpiled. Will see how that goes.

I wear 24/7 and find it enjoyable. They become my underwear after a while and then i don't even think about using them because i don't remember if I had or not. Relieving myself in them becomes a habit and I don't think about it anymore. I wonder people who use the bathroom ever think about how many times they have gone that day or when they had last went or if they ever went that day yet? Sometimes I feel warmth down there and realize I had just used my diaper or I feel moisture down there and I know I am wet. No way I can not be sure I haven't used my diaper yet lol. With diapers, I don't feel the often urge to go anymore. I also think diapers are good use for trick o treating. No need to hold it. Plus you don't have to take off your costume to go. Anywhere where there are lack of bathrooms or where it be too hard to go, diapers come in handy for it.

• 2 weeks later...