LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting Episode

I was a bedwetter until I was 16 but my mother got a bed wetting alarm and managed to break me of it. I have urge incon and overactive bladder but I wear 2 pair of panties with a cotton crotch so most of the time my little accidents on the way to the bathroom don't usually soak through to my jeans. I'm a lifelong DL and AB, probably triggered by my lack of good control but I like to use my diapers recreationally rather than for need. My thought has always been if I start wearing diapers for convenience I'll quickly lose what control I've fought all my life for.

Last night I wore a diaper to bed and a pair of plastic pants over as I do sometimes. Because of my small capacity I almost never sleep through the night and usually get up at least twice to go to the bathroom or more if I'm well hydrated. This morning I woke at 3:00 AM to a soaked diaper and have no memory of waking up or wetting it. I went to the bathroom and cleaned up and went back to bed with no other issues. This might seem like a small thing but for me it's not because of my "training" I'm programed subconsiously to wake at the first pressure on my bladder and I do even when I'm somewhat drunk. For that programing to be overrode is completely shocking to me. I've gone to the store after work today and bought a fitted vinyl sheet for my bed and put it on already. It's not a new mattress but sheets can be stripped off and washed easily but if the mattress gets soaked I'll be sleeping on the couch until it dries. I haven't decided on whether to wear a diaper tonight or not and I'm not seeking any advice, it's just nice to be able to talk to someone about this that understands.

Hugs,

Freta

I say if you are afraid of losing your hard fought for control when you sleep at night, try and get a bedwetting alarm again, like you had when you were a teenager. It sounds from what you said that you don't mind sometimes wearing diapers to bed for personal enjoyment, but you want to purpously wet them and not wet them in your sleep without knowing. if that is the case and you have wet withoutknowing in your sleep, it may have been a one time deal, just an accident that might not happen again. On the other hand, if it does happen again, either with or without wearing a diaper to bed, I would suggest you go without the diapers at night and use a bedwetting alarm to help retrain you to wake up again when you have to pee. It's one thing to want to wear diapers to bed for fun sometimes, but totally different if you have to wear them because you wet in your sleep, espeially if you don't want that to happen! No offence to Daddy R, but just wearing diapers all the time to bed is not a solution when the wearer dosn't want to have wetting accidents in her sleep.

I didn't wet the bed last night so I'll be an optomist and accept it as a one night occurance until I see evidence of the contrary. As to wearing every night I'd rather have the option of wearing or not because I'm just not wanting to sign up for the expense or the extra work. It makes staying in hotels easier so given a choice I'll vote for easier.

Hugs,

Freta

• 1 month later...

You probably won't wet the bed within the next few months. If you are nervous, buy a quality fitted mattress cover. You can get one from BB&B that is almost as good as the European ones for about the same price, sans shipping. If I were you I would just buy a few bed pads at the local thrift store and STOP WORRYING. Pee happens, right?

• 3 weeks later...

FretaBWet,

a change in sleeping behaviour (ie sleeping a little deeper ) is usually a sign of something has changed during your waking hours. I know this is easier said than done, but you need not worry about this. Stress tends to be self driven - the more one is stressed about an occurance, the more one will worry about the event, which will cause the stress to grow - which during sleeping hours, your mind will release in in bodily actions.

The wetting during sleep is nothing to be concerned, as you said, your bladder sleep control was determined on timing rather than the ability to physically hold your urine over the time you sleep.

The protection methodology you already implemented is a good first step. Secondly, I suggest that you spend some time to analyse what has changed in your life, list all the changes on paper (for your own benefit). Try to ensure that you list everything including what you wouldn't think would affect you. The reason for the list is to allow you to accept all the changes you have made in your life. At the moment, you are trying to hide from or deny a change, thinking that it is insignificant. It is more significant than you think, and once you accept it (or change it if need be ) your life balance should go back to normal.

Freta,

We are what we are and we ain't what we ain't. I too had a long, hard fight to learn to wake up in the middle of the night before wetting the bed. My reward included school, job opportunities and dates, but with women who didn't accept this side of me. I wish you success with whatever you choose to do. Yes, the real reward is choice.

Aloha,

Honu

I went out and bought a fitted plastic mattress protector for the bed. It's not a big deal for me because I slept with one on my mattress for more than 16 years and it allows me to wear or not as I choose. I haven't wet since so I guess it was a one off at least this far so I'm not going to worry about it. There's no shortage of stress in my life due to things beyond my control so it might have been caused by that but the beds protected in case I'm not :thumbsup:

Hugs,

Freta