LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well, That Didn'T Work... (Thrift Store Content)

So a local Thrift store has unmarked packs of what I thought were white adult diapers for sale for 3.93 per pack. I pick a pack up and it is colored tag sale day.. 1/2 off... Wow... What a bargain... So I buy 1 pack and head out. Later I stop at a grocery store restroom to put one on. (Whole nuther story, but I find grocery store restrooms great for changing) I unfold it and am faced with this large thin plastic backed rectangle with two tapes. Just what did I get here? Funny, these looked thicker in the bag... Oh well, I proceed to put it on. After all, it was folded up like a diaper... Buy was I in for a surprise. Later while getting various errands done I noticed how hot and sweaty my back side was getting in this "diaper"... And later when I slowly wet it I was glad I wet it slowly... All I did was leave a puddle in the bottom of it..... :doh: Had to be real careful taking it off so I didn't spill it in my pants... I figure what I had actually bought was something like chux or underpads and the two tapes were for rolling it up when you were done with it... No identification marks or printing and nothing on the package... Oh well. A learning experience... Have a laugh on me...

Not necessarily hospital, that's the way they all were for a while when the disposables hit the market (probably late seventies up until they were replaced by the modern fitted style).

What is the brand name?

Not necessarily hospital, that's the way they all were for a while when the disposables hit the market (probably late seventies up until they were replaced by the modern fitted style).

What is the brand name?

No name. Totally unmarked. I guess whoever made them was embarrassed by the design...

It appears that you purchased a pack of early hospital diapers. Those thing were NOT meant for heavy wetters. More for those who had no control while under heavy anesthetics.

I added the bold...

I really think I would have exceeded their capacity by sweat alone... :huh: Those were not even worth the 2 something I paid...

I can't remember the name, but there is a bed chuck/diaper still made like this. It's made similar to the early disposables with a similar capacity- one slow medium wetting and you're done :o I have got some of these from ebay for the times where I want to enjoy the look more than the feel and use. These are like the diapers that brought forth my first DL thoughts waaaaay back then :blush: so they have a special place for me even as nearly useless as they are. And the early adult diapers were like this too but I doubt any of them exist anymore :(

Bettypooh

Ambez was one, Kendall was another one, and even Curity disposable adult diapers were like what you discribed. Had one tape on each side, pleated crotch, no elastics at the legs or waist and very little padding or absorbtion. I probably tried them both 20 years ago and haven't seen them in years. I have no idea if what you bought was either of these brands (probably not), but the design sounds very similar and younger members should know that even 20 years ago they still made adult diapers like this, although I only see them as having been made and used as a necessity in times before better quality adult diapers like Attends, Depends, Tranquility and even some store brands came out. Many years ago when adult incontinence was still a taboo subject, companies made a product like what you bought out of necessity, but it sure wasn't anything of good quality. It was only when adult diapers and incontinence became more talked about and accepted that manufacturers started developing and manufacturing much better quality products.

The original ones I ever saw were the Medalist (listed in the Sears catalog but I found them at a pharmacy adjacent to Hopkins hospital which is the first time I ever bought any). Shortly thereafter, Ambeze started showing up in the regular pharmacies. Curity made some (with a slightly wider and lower placed tape). Kendall was one of the last to give up making this style, you could still buy them up until a few years ago.

Other brands were "Go Aheads" (loved that name, these were unique for the time as they were light blue all the others were white). Dry Comfort...very crinkly and thin, Medical Disposables.

Attends came out about 1981 or so and a few years later that style had totally displaced the old kind.

Rustypins did i actually see you use the word "Quality" in the same sentence with "Depends"

I thought there was a Law against that by now , as they continue to make bad revisions on their products !! one after another

Nappy