LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Many Diapers Have You Used ?

Hi everybody, I was driving up some nice lanes which I use as a shortcut and got to thinking how many diapers I have used? I worked it out to somewhere in the region of 5,250.

And then I thought how much has that cost? I worked that out as well, and it is somewhere in the region of £1,900 that isn't including my plastic pants, so I estimate about another £100 for pants so about £2000.

Wow that is a lot of money. If I could go back and change, I wouldn't.

Can I assume that you wear plastic pants over disposable diapers? You'd save an awful lot of money if you could switch to cloth diapers. I've never worn anything but cloth with waterproof pants even though I don't get the opportunity to actually wet more than a couple of times a week. I can buy a yard of polyurethane laminate fabric and it yields two pair of waterproof pants. It is $9.95 a yard (U.S. currency). Elastic is inexpensive enough. Each waistband uses about 32" of 1/2" elastic (I have a 36-38" waist) and the leg openings use 18" each of 3/8" elastic. Currently, I have 9 pair of waterproof pants; two each of white, yellow, pink, and blue. I only have one pair of tan pants

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Water usage would most likely equal out because each flush of a standard toilet uses close to 5 gallons of water. Water savers, of course, use a lot less, but not everyone has one. You can wash a load of diapers with a set amount of water; how many "flushes" would you have used for how many times you went in a diaper compared to washing them all at once?

If you don't count the years when I was a baby/being trained I would say I've probably used/worn 1,000 diapers over the past 14 years. Which is roughly 70 a year.