LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cloth Cushies

Got samples today, and while cloth-like baby diapers aren't my thing, these are actually quite attractive to me! Soft "cloth" over crinkly plastic. Big landing zone for the oversized tape tabs (one per side) with brightly-colored graphics showing through.

Adorable!

post-1-0-39457300-1332795141_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-39457300-1332795141_thumb.jpg

Just put one on... It has a pleasent firmness to it, due to the plastic AND cloth backing making it a heavier, sturdier backsheet than most. The two big velcro tabs actually work well, though It took two tries for me to get the fit right since I am used to double tabs. The secret is to get it right at the top of your hips so the diaper stays snug andin place. No plastic pants on and the diaper feels secure.

While it was crinkly in my hands, its quiet on, I hear no rustle when I walk, even while wearing just thin lounge pants. Looks adorale on, but as always I'll let someone else post pics due to my ongoing "fat guy with psorasis" situation.

Didn't expect to like these... but I do! There's something extra babyish in wearing a diaper styled after today's baby diapers instead of the ones I remember. A mental sensation tha I am a baby NOW, not in the past.

I just got my sample last night as well. Everything the OP said is right. And it feels really babyish like modern pampers. I always use a bambino quadro booster in all my diapers so i cant say about its normal absorbancy but I would have no issues wearing these under my pants with no underwear over them. They are not noisy at all.

This could be genius. I mean, there's definitely good reason to use the plastic backing, but most kids growing up these days have never used or enjoyed those. ABU is providing a product that's likely plenty fine for daily use while giving new AB/DLs something to get them started into this world we share. If they become heavy users, then they probably change to buying plastic. :)

I want to try them because they might allow me to wear the cutest diaper in the most discrete way possible. Plastic ones are way too noisy to wear discretely.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i finally got my first order of abu cushies cloth backed diapers i ordered a ten pack of of SDK ( super dry kids ) and a ten pack of the cloth cushies .. i have tried the plastic backed cushies in the past and really liked them , and now i am relly pleased with the cloth ones they are very absorbant and swell up a lot with no leaks at all , they have really good taping system and leg gathers that work well too ,, they are by far the closest thing you will find that compares to the look feel and absorbancy of any baby sized diaper kudos to ABU NICE JOB!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

abu diapers tend to run small so it's wise to order a bigger size then you would normally.

I've had the mediums before and they fit. I just didn't want to be in for a surprise. According to the other thread going, I shouldn't be.

I've had the mediums before and they fit. I just didn't want to be in for a surprise. According to the other thread going, I shouldn't be.

Got mine. I still have some regular plastic Cushies and the new ones - they both look identical other than the cloth-like coating and hook/loop + sticky tapes. I don't see any reason to order a larger size than you would normally get with the regular Cushies.

Under the cloth-like cover is normal plastic. I found a loose edge around the tape and started peeling it back - underneath it's just like the original cushie with the original landing zone and everything. If anything, there might be a possibility that the plastic used on these is a little thinner than the original, but I can't say for sure.

The main thing I was curious about was if these would be quiet enough to use everyday. They're definitely quieter - I would say at least 50%. Not enough that I would feel comfortable wearing other than play time. :) All-in-all, I think it's a definite win for the AB/DL community. :)

Are these actual reusable cloth diapers or are these disposable and where do I contact for a sample or ordering info? Booboo

These are disposable cloth-feel diapers. Definitely not reusable. ABU's website is www.abuniverse.com, you can order a small package there to try out.

I have been using these for last two weeks or so. I find the mediums to fit me well. I like the fact that they are not real crinkley and can be worn under clothing without to much worry of them being to loud. They make for a reasonably discreet diaper. They are not very absorbant, so I use a quadro bambino stuffer. With the stuffer it holds well, and I have had no leaks. They do tend to droop in the drawer on me after wearing awhile. Get a small gap right where mommy would run her finger in the back to check your bottom for wetness. So I readjust them for a better fit. Thats the whole benefit to these, the single velcro tape is fantastic. I wish other diaper makers would use this fastening system. The tapes hold well and can be moved anytime without worry of them not refastening. Im gonna say good job ABU on these. Id love to see a plastic version of this with a velcro tape.

I got my AB universe cloth backed cushies the other day. I been wanting to try some for a long time. My sample pack finally arrived at my door. I been hiding them in my trunk of my car for a few days. I got soo stone the other day, I decided to put them on. I don't know if I was too stone but I ended up ripping one of the tapes off before even putting it on. :( I want to see if I can just hand sew it back together somehow? I think it can be done. Anyway I tripped out when that happened! I felt horrible all the sudden. I did enjoy the plastic cushies, and the pampers. It felt really cool and different from all the other non- AB/DL diapers! They really are made the finest diapers out there! I tend to buy more. I had fun being stone and being in diapers. Just gave me a weird feeling, but I had fun! loved it!