LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Goodnite Product

Seems like if you are at the point where I goodnite can't hold your bedwetting, then a bedpad is not a step in thr right direction. I understand the whole point is for the kids to not have to go back into diapers but this just seems like the wrong way to go about it.

I just saw those yesterday, they seemed like the new pads we are getting at our hospital.

As I have no desire to find out their effectiveness because I don't wet the bed, I'll leave that up to you guys to figure out.

-piper

Ninja'd by Daddy-Johnny. I was going to post about these earlier today, but didn't get a chance.

Seems like if you are at the point where I goodnite can't hold your bedwetting, then a bedpad is not a step in thr right direction. I understand the whole point is for the kids to not have to go back into diapers but this just seems like the wrong way to go about it.

I actually think that these could be intended for use by children whose parents haven't been able to convince them to try GoodNites "Underwear" just yet--kind of as a step to get them to wear the diapers without having to wash the sheets in the middle of the night. It's also possible that these are intended for people who sleep in an odd position that could potentially lead to leaks around the legs. A heavier wetter would soak both the bottom sheet and the top sheet, as well as the mattress, while a wetter who leaks because they sleep in an odd position would only soak the bottom sheet and possibly the mattress. I could see these making sense as a "back up" where the GoodNites work, but the child sleeps at an odd angle causing them to leak slightly and requiring the sheets to be washed every day.

One other thing worth pointing out is that P&G has been making Pampers brand bed mats for years and used to position them as an alternative to GoodNites before finally creating the UnderJams line in 2007. It's also very possible that KCWW created these specifically to try and swipe customers from P&G just as P&G swiped customers from them. Then again, I don't think I've ever seen a store stock the Pampers bed mats around here, so this may not have been a very smart idea. I probably would have created "Size XXL" GoodNites Underwear before bed mats if I were KCWW, but maybe there's a demand for the bed mats that I'm completely unaware of.

Personally, I'm thinking about purchasing a few packages of these, but not exactly for their intended purpose. My significant other and I like to have sex during her period, but she really hates the idea of staining our sheets. The GoodNites bed mats will solve that problem--we'll just put one down before we begin and if it's covered in menstrual fluid when we're done, it won't be a problem.

Then again you need protective duvet covers too, as that WILL get wet.

Trust me I've done that for a kinky fetish with a black pvc sheet once (too hot to sleep in summer though, as gets sweaty way too quickly). And the duvet cover got wet.

Washing the actual duvet was a bastard as it is a really thick winter one. Had to take it down the cleaners; never again.....

I bought a package last night since I happened to be near a Walgreens (and since I do tend to leak from my diapers overnite from time to time).

They're expensive - $12 for a package of 9. Hoping that they'll sell big packs of them for less. Of course, it was a Walgreens too, and they tend to be more expensive then stores like Target, too.

They're all white, the side that goes down has giant printing on them that says "Goodnites" and has a couple of stars and half moon designs on it and the words "This side down. The absorbent side is white as well.

The pads are large. I realize they're meant for a twin bed, but I sleep in a King with my wife and the pad was easily as large as the cheaper disposable pads I've bought. I felt comfortable with the coverage area provided, and I toss and turn in my sleep. Absolutely LOVE the adhesive feature. There are 4 sections, two on the top, two on the bottom. They stick really well and keep movement to a minimum, which is one thing you can't say for other pads - I know that in the past, they've shifted out from under me.

As it turns out, the pad did get put to use last night since my diaper leaked (been using cloth diapers more but still working on getting the leaks under control) and the pad held the large wet spot nicely, and did not soak through, Supposedly they can hold as much as a large/xl goodnite, which is a large amount if that's true.

I don't know if families would use these every night given cost, but I could see them being a good backup when on vacation, visiting relatives, etc., and the child refuses to wear protection or a parent is worried about leaks on the bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just hope this isn't in preparation for a GN redesign with new features such as "thinner, and more breathable!"(at cost of absorbancy). Then you have to buy both products.

That's probably not what's going on, but I'm a cynic. They'll fail, just like the sleep short boxers.