LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking To Try Something Completely Different - Throw In Your $0.02

So far, I've done the Depends, Abena M4, Molicare Super Plus, Bambino Teddy, and ABU SDK. I liked Abena and Moli, though I don't care for the clinical markings. I won't buy from ABU again, so that's irrelevant. The samples of the Bambinos I got, the outer shell chafed the hell out of my thighs after half an hour, so...

I want to try something different. I don't want to spend $2 or more per brief, for the simple reason that I'm not a heavy wetter and I don't tend to wear for extended periods.

I was considering Unique Wellness, but the reviews here are mediocre to terrible. I was considering Mega until I found out the only online supplier left charges $35-50 shipping per case.

I started cruising the reviews section, and gave up after seeing dozens of people give 10's to stuff like Rite-Aid store-brand.

So let's hear it from the active people here. Something:

- not on the above list

- that can hold a couple of good solid wettings

- is relatively inexpensive ($1.50 or less at case price)

- relatively plain (or childish print OK)

Try the Walmart Assurance brand. If you like them you can get a case of 60 for $21 at Sam's Club. One of the cheapest options out there.

And, for that price, they're marginally more effective than wearing two pairs of underwear on top of one another. Woot! :P

The Secure Plus (Not X-Plus), which has no Bambino alternate, used to be a great diaper. I don't really know how good they are now, but now they have green hearts on them. XD

And, for that price, they're marginally more effective than wearing two pairs of underwear on top of one another. Woot! :P

I was trying to be nice to the person that was trying to be helpful. I may be too cheap to spring for a case of Dry 24/7's, but I'm not THAT cheap. :D

The Secure Plus (Not X-Plus), which has no Bambino alternate, used to be a great diaper. I don't really know how good they are now, but now they have green hearts on them. XD

Yeah, I should have mentioned I looked at those too, but Bambino is completely out of stock on them in all sizes. What about the Active Ultras - you know, the plastic-backed ones with the velcro "tapes"?

Don't be swayed by the "they're not my beloved Abenas so I hate them" reviews. Try the Wellness! They're among the most comfortable diapers I've ever worn. The plastic is as soft and smooth as vintage Attends or Pampers, and that's something you rarely find on diapers anymore.

I'll also throw in a vote for the Active Ultra, but I have also had problems with the velcro pulling off, as others have reported.

Well that's good to hear. The UW color doesn't thrill me, but I get the whole "institutions like them color-coded" thing, and for $1.15 per brief (and reasonable case quantity) I might just have to take a shot. The Active Ultras, well, a case will last me the better part of a year, so the last thing I want to be is stuck with a year's supply of tapes that won't stay latched.

*Not that I don't believe you, Banter, but there are enough reports here and elsewhere of the velcro being sketchy that I'm just a bit too timid to make that commitment, especially at $1.35 each.

You shouldn't trust me. I don't know if it's because I'm skinny or what but I just do not have the tape problems everyone else seems to.

I'm pretty skinny (well, 30 pounds overweight on a 6-foot frame that used to be lanky still counts, I think...) and the only tape problems I've ever experienced were on some Prevail institutional things that my wife picked up on the super-dirt-cheap at a "tailgate auction" (people just bring whatever, and bid on each other's stuff) - but literally they ripped off the diaper while you were trying to expose the sticky surface...

Oh wow. You're right. No more secure plus. O_O

Yeah I saw that a while ago, and it sucks! :( The plus line was a good intermediate product that was comfortable and held up well, and reasonably priced. oh well.

Back to the OP, like you have tried (and continue to) many different brands, and I have found a few that I really like. :)

*The Wellness Briefs*

Over all work well, aren't bulky yet hold a LOT for what they are. I can get 2 good floods out of them, or 3 if I'm careful and don't sit right away :blush: So give them a shot. order a bag or sample if you want, or get them off Ebay, just don't go and get a case right off the bat. Or go to DME.com (disposable medical Express) they have factory 2nd of the wellness which are far cheaper yet they work really well :thumbsup: 3 bags for like $25 or something, but worth it. My only 'issue' with them (not that it really matters) is they don't have a waistband *shrug* but they have all the other features, and are really comfortable and discreet. I might be getting more as I'm down to my last few from the 3 bags I got earlier this year :blush: I'm not a 24/7 wearer, so a bag lasts quite a long time for me.

*Active Ultras*

These things are AWESOME, and I haven't had an issue with the 'tapes', though they do warn you that if you are going to reposition them, undo the tapes "SLOWLY" so you don't rip up the attaching material. I have found that if you position the tabs properly the first time they don't have to be repositioned. They also hold like death, and won't pop off.

I'm one of those 'inbetween sizes" So Mediums are right on the edge and larges are to big, but I wear mediums and though they might be a tad 'small' the tabs hold and I don't have to worry about them.

Capacity wise, they will hold a good flood, or 2 if you are careful. They aren't an extended wear product, but work better than depends :P and again are very comfortable :D

Give them a shot, get a bag or sample if you can. They are a good all around product if you don't flood much, and as you said don't want an ultra heavy duty diaper. They are discreet as well, and I think the prices are pretty good. Both Bambino and Secure personal care sell them. They evidently are the replacement for the "plus line" of the secure personal care briefs, and are a kind of hybrid product, but they really work well. Give them a shot....remember though "samples first, then bigger orders" ;)

Hope this helps

qwack

So far, I'm pretty happy with the active ultra. The texture of the brief is actually quite nice as well and the velcro, yeah. ridiculously strong. I did exactly what Duck warned about and, despite that, the diaper held up (thank goodness).

Still haven't worn the second one.

Of course, was worn with doublers. I'm adventurous, but I don't relish the idea of laundry.

I'm not a 24/7 wearer, so a bag lasts quite a long time for me.

For perspective, I bought a bag of Moli's in October. Just finished them last week. I figure, I order a case, it'll last me most of the year.

Have you tried Tranquility ATN?

They are a middle of the road diaper. I think Magic Medical still has the best case price for them at $85 for 96 count case of mediums. They are rated to hold 27.5 oz in size medium.

Mostly white, with a wetness indicator - inside has their "peach mat" area.

My guess is that they'd be twice as thick as Depends, and they hold twice as much, and perform very similarly - ie they hold a lot of urine in dense SAP.

I wear them every night and find them quite comfortable.

Have you tried Tranquility ATN?

They are a middle of the road diaper. I think Magic Medical still has the best case price for them at $85 for 96 count case of mediums. They are rated to hold 27.5 oz in size medium.

Mostly white, with a wetness indicator - inside has their "peach mat" area.

My guess is that they'd be twice as thick as Depends, and they hold twice as much, and perform very similarly - ie they hold a lot of urine in dense SAP.

I wear them every night and find them quite comfortable.

I agree with JBonn. ATNs are a good alternative to your list. If I don't go through XPmedica, I sometimes go through www.dmponline.com. DMP always has free shipping on all orders over $25 and they have a decent selection. Hope this wasn't too late to help

Enforcer

Nope, I haven't settled on a purchase yet, though I am leaning hard toward the "space diapers"... I do want something that gives me at least the OPTION to let loose early in the morning, should my bladder wake me before I'm ready to get up.

I agree with JBonn. ATNs are a good alternative to your list. If I don't go through XPmedica, I sometimes go through www.dmponline.com. DMP always has free shipping on all orders over $25 and they have a decent selection. Hope this wasn't too late to help

Enforcer, if you are still getting ATNs, you may want to take a look at Magic Medical. You'll save quite a bit ($15 per case comapred to DMP prices), as shipping is free on all cases there too. The added bonus is that I've never received a single mailing from MM but DMP loves to mail all sorts of flyers, etc to you after you order from them.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I ended up sticking my toe into the pool like a wuss instead of diving in, and I ordered a sample pack each of the Wellness and the Ultra Plus. I'll keep you posted on how they work out. :)

So, I ended up sticking my toe into the pool like a wuss instead of diving in, and I ordered a sample pack each of the Wellness and the Ultra Plus. I'll keep you posted on how they work out. :)

Stunningly, the Ultra Plus sample is here today, despite having been sent via USPS from CA. Am definitely impressed by this.