LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bladder Muscles..... Start To Fade...? :-<

Boston Baby

As a MEMBER - I am very new to this site, but have viewed for almost a decade; again to all the directors at DD - thank you for keeping this a free site.

My question is - I have begun to increase my usage of diapers, and on NON diaper days I find just a little "tap" on my bladder will cause me to look for a restroom, and I have at times made it to the toilet with a not-so small wet spot on my boxers. Basically I'm leaking. I used to be able to hold-and-hold-and-hold being an on-the-road rep. I'm a bit worried and am going back to "bladder exercises" to strengthen that area... Anyone else have this problem - or am I unique?

Thanks.

Just turned 56...and getting to the bathroom in time has become somewhat of a race. Sometimes I make it....and sometimes I don't, leakage is just something that comes along as we get older I guess. Aging definitly brings on new adventures and challenges. This SUDDEN urge to pee is one of them.

As a MEMBER - I am very new to this site, but have viewed for almost a decade; again to all the directors at DD - thank you for keeping this a free site.

My question is - I have begun to increase my usage of diapers, and on NON diaper days I find just a little "tap" on my bladder will cause me to look for a restroom, and I have at times made it to the toilet with a not-so small wet spot on my boxers. Basically I'm leaking. I used to be able to hold-and-hold-and-hold being an on-the-road rep. I'm a bit worried and am going back to "bladder exercises" to strengthen that area... Anyone else have this problem - or am I unique?

Thanks.

It sounds like your baby side is taking over. Many AB's would be jealous of you!!!

Im only in my 40's after i pee i think im all done but have leakage everytime .Don't know if it is age or that i have been wearing way more than i used to ?.Could also be prostate probs too so keep that in mind .Get it checked !! .I know 3 people know around my age that have prostate cancer not trying to scare anyone but be careful !

Alyxsis is correct i just turned 43, i am incontinent and i have had an enlarged prostate for the last 10 years , and it's enlarged to the point that i have been on medication for it since day 1. Also because of the size of the prostate even with medication i have to get evaluated every 6 months.

Nappy

Maybe they are fading, maybe it's a physical issue. Get checked for that last one as prostrate cancer isn't a nice playmate! Your mind may be working on you (with you?) to get what you really want but either haven't admitted or discovered yet. I find that if I spend the entire weekend wetting freely, Monday morning will find me leaky until my bladder gets 'back on track' again. Guys do have more leakage issues than you might think as they get older; it's just that they don't want to admit it or talk about it. Women discuss it more freely, especially with a doctor. If there's no severe medical problems then just go 24/7 and get back to focusing on enjoying your life without worrying about wet pants. It works for me!

Bettypooh

Answer to the OP: no, you're not unique.

I have the same issue, and I'm in my late 20s. Then again, I also have a medical condition which leaves me prone to leaks from time to time. But by wearing diapers more, your body gets more accustomed to that than not wearing diapers at all.

I've found that my urge to pee ramps up immensely the closer I get to a toilet OR if I'm wearing a diaper. If I put off going to the bathroom even for a couple of minutes when I'm wearing, then the urge is darn near impossible to contain....

I chalk that up to years of constant diaper use....but I've never had a prostate exam or anything like that.. <_<

I am 61 and yes the need to go gets worse as you age. add in any physical problems like BPH, diabetes. even some medications and the urge becomes worse.

Them i have at least two types of neuropathy and am on diuretics for edema.

I no longer worry about having a problem at my age.

You do need to see a doctor and get checked for BPH and diabetes and to just get a good all around checkup.

If you have had a leaking problem before as you age your muscles get weaker and the old problem may return.

Diapers are the best way to exercise the muscles just start holding till you can not any more. if you are protected you will be able to do this more often.

Thanks for the advice and YES I did get a prostate exam, and all kinds of other 50-year-old tests done too. Oh joy, oh yay! *grumble* BB

Hopefully you don't feel the same way Peter Griffin did after his prostate exam :thumbsup:

It is always so comforting to have the doctor stick his hand up there, but it is better than not getting checked out.

My bladder seems to be weaker as well as I've grown older, and my diaper usage. I especially notice it after a bowel movement. I do what I have to do (almost always in the toilet), and I may as well be wearing a diaper after. There is always some urine leakage (drops) as I pull my pants back up.