LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Phrase!

~Skitty~

It has a ring to it all right: sanctimonious: The kind of thing you would not want done to you

Do we really need that crap here?

If you ever knew how many fights started from "harmless fun" especially where 20-somethings are concerned you would be more cautious

fyi - this has been a standard term in the bdsm lexicon since atleast 1998, or perhaps earlier (though I am only speaking anecdotally of my own experience both IRL and in conversations online)

sorry to burst your bubble!:)

@Christinedaryleane - I really hope you were trying for the humor aspect, because otherwise your post comes off as... well nevermind.

OK, I'll nevermind, and I won't mind neverminding, either, Why should I mind neverminding if ther is nithing to mind, mind you?

"plain vanilla" is used to means something with no interesting characteristics or worth. If you would not want to be demeaned, then don't do so yourself: Something about "Do unto others..."

OK, I'll nevermind, and I won't mind neverminding, either, Why should I mind neverminding if ther is nithing to mind, mind you?

"plain vanilla" is used to means something with no interesting characteristics or worth. If you would not want to be demeaned, then don't do so yourself: Something about "Do unto others..."

But thats not what the op is trying to say. Skitty is just saying that we AB/DLs should start referring to anyone not into anything other than vanilla sex as "nillas" when we speak of them.

If you find the term demeaning - take it back. the term vanilla isnt meant to demean, but rather to differentiate the difference between one part of the traditional sexuality spectrum - sex for reproduction(and if it happens to be pleasurable well then hey bonus) vs sex for the sake of pleasure, including but not limited to a variety of sexual acts, sexual interests, fetishes, bdsm, etc etc.

I dont think anyone who uses the term is implying that vanilla sex isnt worth anything. and if you take it that way I would suggest that your sensitivity meter might be a wee mite out of adjustment. Rather the term is used to differentiate with expediency - one can list off a whole bunch of things, or simply say vanilla, 'nilla etc.

I think your context is the demeaning one. you've assigned a value judgement to the term, rather than using it as a descriptor for a set of acts. there's a big difference there.

I have made no value judgemtns, I just know people because I've been around long enough. You are 32, I have been 32. Have you been 42? have you benn 52? have you been 62? and yes I've seen "hamrless fun" lead to fights because I've been in some of those fights when I was a teenager and a bit older. Things escalate and go from "horseplay" to serious business and none of the participants know how or why. To describe someTHING as plain vanilla is one thing to apply it to persons is another thing entirely, especially a very large body of persons the overwhelmiing number of whom you have no direct knowledge, taken as a group aka painting with a broad brush, because there is a good probability that they see an implied attack on their personhood. Words have two "values": denotative; the dictionary definition, and connotative an implied or inferred emotional content, usually conveyed culturally so how persons may take the connotative value of a word is reasonably predictable

"nilla" in my area is used by kids to put down kids parents who are concerned about their kids. I am a nilla according to my kids because I make my kids show me their completed homework before they can go out and play, make them do their chores before they can play video games, make sure that they are in at curfew not a second later. Myh kids hate the fact other kids call me it, because they know I only care about them and want them to have responsibilities in life.

Done right, vanilla is far from "plain", it is very rich like tapioca or buttersctch. What makes most vanilla seem weak is that it uses vanilla extract rather than the real thing

Vanilla ice cream can be very good, but I agree with Christine that this is an ugly road. I know vanilla or nilla is used as an insult. It is harmless fun until you call some one nilla who does not want to be called that. You also have to think about the racial implications in that nilla is also a racial slur similar to the African American N-word, but for whites. Yes, I do not want to use any of these terms.

Real vanilla is not white, either, it is almost the same color and shade as butter. If "vanilla" ice cream were made with real vanilla the way that chocolate, strawberry and the like are made with the real thing, it would be a whole different world. Another "phoney" flavor is coffee, it is made with coffee syrup and really does not taste like full-out coffee; it is OK but not the full bodied taste. Pistachio tasts like some kind of cherry, not pistachio nuts. I like both the nuts and the ice cream

Then don't use them. If someone is going to get all bent out of shape over harmless NON-derogatory titles and labels then they'll pretty well find fault in anything. Probably lump those folks into the 'Can't say Merry Christmas' because it might offend someone crowd....

Man...some folks around here make mountians out of molehills on some subjects sometimes.....life is too friggin short to worry about this kind of crap.....

Then don't use them. If someone is going to get all bent out of shape over harmless NON-derogatory titles and labels then they'll pretty well find fault in anything. Probably lump those folks into the 'Can't say Merry Christmas' because it might offend someone crowd....

Man...some folks around here make mountians out of molehills on some subjects sometimes.....life is too friggin short to worry about this kind of crap.....

Are you kidding me? I just explained to you the word you want to call all non-abdls it is a racial slur. Please look up this word in a slang dictionary. This is a warning for you, because everyone else will most likely assume you are referring to whites in a very disrespectful attitude. If you think the reason I am saying this has to do with my distaste for the word or if you think I am making a mountain out of a molehill, you are gravely mistaken. I have read in the newspaper of people being killed for reasons less than saying things like this to the wrong people. I know this is not what you intend; however, this is just a sample of the unintended consequences that can come from actions like these.

Let's keep race out of this, that brings in the whole issue of Political Correctness and that just confuses the issue. Let's start by understanding that EVERYTHING is a racial slur to someone and move past that. I have never heard this as a racial slur

Sheesh....here we go...

Seriously...some folks here need to pull the stick out of their asses. It all comes down to the old saying of KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!! You wouldn't go around spouting off racial slurs in ethinic neighbourhoods unless you seriously have a death wish. There is a HUGE difference between using the term Va'nilla and ....well I'm not going to say it....but you catch my drift.... The OP was merely trying to convey a simple term to describe non AB/DL types within the confines of our own little world here.....not trying to start a race war or anything like that. I liken it to the term 'Muggles' in the Harry Potter realm. Someone out there will do doubt take offence to the term but it is in our common vernacular now and it remains harmless.

Some folks here give power to the term 'nilla when it really isn't warranted....

Honestly, the use of both terms is almost a standard in fetish communities. Personally? I see it as a nonderogatory descriptor, but do not use it to refer to a person in earshot/notice unless they first use it to describe themselves.