LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Song Reminds You Of Your Childhood?

pax87

So I thought this would be a fun topic. There's so many senses that we are surrounded by as a kid/baby, i.e. the smell of baby powder or your mom's perfume or the soft cozy feel of your plushie or blankie. But what about sounds? Is it a hum of a lullaby or a specific song?

For me it's Peter Cottontail. I know it's an Easter song, but I had this stuffed bunny that would play musicbox music when you stretched out its' tail. Here's a clip of it:

http://youtu.be/Ebj5QnrCZ3w

So, what about you? What song most reminds you of your childhood? It can be anything! Let's hear what you got!

^_^ Paxy

Hippopotamus Rock!

I used to listen to this over and over and over and OVER...and over...on my walkman that didn't have a rewind function, because I think I drove my Gramma nuts. Good times.

There are many more, but that song was the first on the list.

Edit: I apparently still love it enough to put it on loop. My poor poor headphones.

~ moogle

I first discovered my diaper interests at my grand parents house. I always tended to regress when I visted. They had an antique potty chair and high chair, I was drawn to. I always sucked my thumb there even if I didn't at home. They had this probably 20 year old stuffed elephant that played Brahms Lullaby. I don't remember that song from being a baby, but when I was 6 ish and regressing at grandma's house I would always play it and felt little. Even now if I hear it, it takes me back, not to being a baby, but to being 6 and wanting to be a baby.

There are a multitude of songs that remind me of my childhood. Most of them are Sunday school songs that we would sing along to. But the one that sticks out the most would have to be the album born to be a pirate by the bare naked ladies because my parents would play it every time we went on a road trip.

When I was a kid way back in the stone ages of the '60's :P we had lots of cool music :D My mom usually had the radio on in the house (it was a built in unit in the kitchen wall) and when she wasn't drinking or fighting with my dad, the house usually had music, or at least the kitchen area did.

Anyways there was one song that I had gotten attached to...i guess around when I was 5-6 ish, that I would always listen for and kind of hang around the kitchen to wait for it to come on.

That song was a French tune called "Dominique" by The Singing Nuns. To you younger people I know this probably sounds weird, but google it and you will find it and the history of the singing nuns! :D It's a GREAT tune, and I had not heard it for decades until I found it again on ....(whispers) napster :blush: but I didn't d/l it..and then it was gone again :crybaby:

That is until a good person here by the S/N of "repaid1" found it and sent me a copy and I now have it again on my play list on my 'puter. In fact I just pulled it up again so I could listen to it :blush:

I remember it coming on the radio (we listened to KHJ AM back then) and I would R*U*N into the kitchen to listen to it...it just made me happy :D

*sigh* I'll be in the kitchen listening if you need me

• Like 1

In Canada, we had a 15 minute daily kid's television program called The Friendly Gaint.....It was a low budget CBC show, that many Canadian kids just adored. Please take a few minutes and watch

. I always wanted to be tucked into bed at the end.... I LOVED Friendly!

Thanks Paxi for a lovely thread !

Puff the magic dragon

Seconded :) This was a popular hit when I was a wee (and weeing) little one :lol: All of the kids loved it, all of the 'cool' adults did too. It's one of those rare songs that appealed to almost everyone no matter what genre' of music they normally listened to ;) And I still get teary-eyed when Jackie Paper stops coming around, just as I always have- poor Puff :(

Bettypooh

Seconded :) This was a popular hit when I was a wee (and weeing) little one :lol: All of the kids loved it, all of the 'cool' adults did too. It's one of those rare songs that appealed to almost everyone no matter what genre' of music they normally listened to ;) And I still get teary-eyed when Jackie Paper stops coming around, just as I always have- poor Puff :(

Bettypooh

That song was made famous 12 years before I was born, but my parents always played that song for me and my sister, and when I had kids, that was one of the first songs that they learned the lyrics to as well. Its a rare song which I think will always be passed on generation to generation, because its a great song and easy lyrics for kids to latch onto

I agree I used to cry for poor puff when I was a kid

I remember an early TV commercial that held me captive and yet feeling I had to hide my interest lest someone noticed.

It went: "How dry I am. How dry I am. Nobody knows. How dry I am......in Playtex Pants."

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

I grew up in the 90s in Seattle, so there are a few grunge songs that I remember listening to in the car when I was really young. One that I can remember is "I Stay Away" by Alice in Chains. Also, my mother really liked Led Zeppelin. I heard them often too.

Other than that, there was that annoying Barney song. I do not remember any of the Seaseme Street songs.

Ugh, they also made us sing those boring 19th century songs like "wading in the water" as well as play the nutcracker and hot-cross buns using recorders in elementary school. We had such a bad music teacher then.

I have to wade back in again, as I loved and still love Puff the Magic Dragon. I try to play guitar, and am not very good, except, I think anyway, for Puff the Magic Dragon. I suppose I have played it so much that I finally got , well, at least competent. And yes, I used to cry for poor Puff when I was younger, and now I occasionally cry for Puff as an adult, differently now that I know who he truly is. Remember all of you, when we be ourselves, we breath life back into poor Puff, and at least for a little while, he can come and play with us.

Don maclean american pie . loved that song heard it all the way to florida one christmas vacation.One my happier x-mas'es i can remember

I remember being at my previously mentioned grandma's house, when that song was out. Me and my cousin were playing in the basement. Grandma called down, what are you boys doing down there? My cousin said we were drinking whiskey and rye and Grandma completely freaking out.

• 1 month later...

my songs which remind me of my childhood - are some good old nursary rhymes - especially Miss polly had a dolly. because of my speech problem my mum used to teach me how to talk by singing nursary ryhmes and when ever i go to lil marie mode i tend to sing it. But i also loved puff the magic dragon too :) marie

I am a child of the 70's, so I have a special place in my heart for the Sesame Street songs...I actually still have the records we had in childhood. I especially recommend the album entitled "The Bert and Ernie Sing-along"...But all of them, really...'I Love Trash' (Oscar the Grouch), '"C" Is For Cookie' (Cookie Monster), 'I've Been Working On the Railroad'...these are classics in my baby book. For you hippie babies, Jerry Garcia and David Grisman's 'Not For Kids Only" album is quite nice, check out some of the tracks on youtube...

• 3 weeks later...