LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Using The Toilet While Diapered

I figure I'd ask here to get the least flak. I have nothing against messing, and enjoy it myself on occasion. But when I'm out during the day and have to mess, I don't use my diaper. If my stomach gets upset from coffee or dairy or something, I'll end up making a few trips to the bathroom over the span of a few hours. I don't have the desire to stink up a room and it'd be impractical for me to shower so often. I'd prefer to just use the toilet. Now, my question to any of you with more experience: what's the best way to go about doing this? Do you just sort of shimmy the diaper down your thighs, or do you untape/retape? I generally wear abena M3's out, and in my experience abena doesn't have the best retaping system. I wouldn't want to be out in public and suddenly have a usable diaper just fail on me because the tapes suck. The flipside is that shimmying it down seems to break up the gel considerably, though I'm not sure it affects how absorbency.Should I look into other brands?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

Hey Diapered. I also use the toilet for messes while diapered. My favorite diaper is the Abena M-4 and you're right, the taping system isn't that good. To try and make it more reliable I use a gluestick under the part of the blue tape that isn't sticky. I've heard that it takes a quite awhile for the glue to work but I think it helps. In addition to that I use good old duct tape. I rip it not right down the middle but a little bit to one side so one tape is a little wider than the other. Use the wider pieces on the lower tapes and the narrower pieces on the top ones. Put the duct tape over the blue that sticks out from under the white tapes. Using about 2 to 3 inches of tape across each diaper tape tends to hold the blue tape down which is the most likely to come loose. When I need to mess I just untape the white tapes on top and slide the diaper down. When I pull it back up I'm careful not to put too much pressure on the bottom tapes. Once it's back in place I just put the white tapes back on top of the blue ones. As I type this it seems to be a lot of extra work but it isn't all that much and I get good results. Hope this helps you.

Hm, I use Abena as well and usually undo one side top and bottom only, after which the tapes still stick nicely. If the blue part comes off. just stick the white on directly. Should there be a need for a second time I undo the other side. My nappy doesn't stay dry long enough that I'd ever need a third time...

I usually use the cloth-backed diapers from RiteAid that have the velcro-like fasteners, which can be adjusted/ taken off multiple times. I'm a fan of plastic backed diapers, but for going out and about, cloth backed for me is the way to go cuz they're quieter and I can re-fasten them without worrying about diaper tapes sticking/ not sticking.

Back in the day when I was 24/7 I fashioned some elastic belts from elastic straps I got at wal-mart. I tied them together in a knot and sometimes used safety pins to tie them together. What the elastic belts did was keep the diaper on tight even after I un-taped in the bathroom. It was great because I didn't have to worry about tapes or the diaper fitting.

SDB

I use the Attends disposable 3 tape during the day and generally pull them down and do my business. I have on occasion had to touch up the tape and find that a roll of 1" masking tape works pretty well and you can get it for around $1 in some of the discount stores.

Guest Diaperdragon

Hm, I use Abena as well and usually undo one side top and bottom only, after which the tapes still stick nicely. If the blue part comes off. just stick the white on directly. Should there be a need for a second time I undo the other side. My nappy doesn't stay dry long enough that I'd ever need a third time...

Same here. The only time I use the toilet is in between diaper changes. Other than that I use Diapers as intended such as pooping and peeing in them.

Another vote for the one-side retaping. I'm none too fond of Abena's tapes, because they seem to have a wide range of quality control. If they all worked like the best ones do, they'd be fine, but the blue tapes sometimes don't stick properly, and the white tapes tear.

@Creepymouse: I'm usually quite alright with Abena tapes. Except my last batch. I had some leaks in places where they shouldn't leak and found that the tapes got stuck to the back of the nappy when they were folded in the factory. Unfolding then ripped a small hole in the plastic. The tape wasn't stuck on with the tab end that you pull away, but the end that fixes the tab to the plastic cover was folded over and stuck. As it was only a rather small area and I don't make a lot of fuss about the changing, I never saw it. I'm now on the last 3 of that batch and they are all like this. I've carefully cut the sticking end away from the tab and it's fine now. If I had seen that earlier it might have been worth a complaint.

As you wrote: 'wide range of quality control'. Shoddy, more like.

If I am wearing, the potty is off limits, doesn't mean I try to mess, I usually don't. If I am wet enough to require a change, the few minutes undiapered bathroom privileged are restored until I am diapered back up. I don't remove it once it is on and don't like to not get max use out them.