LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino New Diapers Vs. Teddys Vs. Abu'S?

so i haven't had diapers to play in since about 4 years ago when i was away at a university. at that point, the only things i had the courage to buy were goodnites, which didn't fit too terribly well or absorb anything. after "coming out" to my boyfriend recently i finally have the chance to wear them again :)

i've been researching for a while trying to decide what to get first, and i would love some firsthand reviews. i can't stand diapers that look like medical 'incontinence products', i want them to look babyish. i'm kind of back and forth between trying bambinos new diaper (which is rather expensive) their teddy diapers, or some ABU cushies or super dry kids. i definitely prefer the two tapes on the ABU's to bambino's four (again, looks like a hospital diaper) but as far as performance and such goes i've heard much better things about the bambinos. the biggest things for me are fit with a little bit of stretch to the waist because i wear at night mostly and toss and turn, and tapes that are easily repositioned without ripping the diaper, i put them on myself so lots of repositioning is usually needed, hah. i don't mess in my diapers so that isn't an issue, but i need to make sure they can absorb pee when i'm lying on my back, stomach, side, or wherever- i'm not a really heavy wetter but i can't have leaks, my boyfriend is wonderfully accepting and doesn't mind me being in a diaper other than lighthearted teasing but i don't think he'd be happy to wake up in a wet bed O.O also, i'm 5'3" and about 125 pounds, so a pretty average build, i'm guessing medium would be the right size for me?

help me decide! thoughts, reviews, product plugging? i am really leaning toward the bambinos, i want to know if the new diaper would be so significantly better for my needs than the teddy diaper that it's worth the extra price... (i'm not really a fan of the print on the classico, little girl likes her baby animals ;))

I've worn ABU's SDK's and cushies and Bambinos Teddy's. I prefer the way the Cushies feel over the others they are more comfortable than the SDK's and teddy's. The only thing that is really stopping me from staying with ABU is the recent partnership with star diapers which is disturbing. Thats why I've moved over to Bambinos diapers. Both the Cushies and the Teddy's can handle about two full wettings before I need to change them.

I never had either diaper start to clump like alot of the medical ones do and I wear 24/7 due to nessecity.

The 2 tape system on the Cushies works real well never had a problem with them. The tapes on the teddy's on the other hand can at times be a pain, especially if you sleep diapered. I guess the only other thing I feel you might want to know is that it seems to me that Bambinos sizes run a little small. I wear a medium and the wing just don't seem to be wide enough.

Hope this helps. I like both brands but with ABU's current affiliates I just can't buy from there in a clean concience.

I've found that a chunk of clear medical tape over top of the diaper tapes help keep them in place when wearing at night. I tend to flop around like a fish out of water at night and this little trick has helped me quite a bit. I've only ever used it with Bambino Bianco's though so YMMV with other diapers. You can find clear medical tape in any pharmacy....

This has been asked many times before and like then the advice still holds true. Diapers are a very personal thing, and shopping for them and buying are personal also.

Somethings you might want to also consider with all this:

*how much do you pee all at once, IE Flood or dribble etc

*how comfortable are you in a wet / used diaper.

*Do you plan on wearing a lot, out and about or only in bed or at home for play time.

*Price and costs also factor in, so how much can you allow the expense for the item.

I am sure there are other factors, but your basics are a non medical looking diaper that "looks' right. You didn't mention anything about performance other then it has to absorb while you are in bed.

For this one requirement, I would recommend the Teddy, since it is built with more SAP in the middle and the back / seat area for such occurrences. VS the Bianco, which isn't built that way and has conventional placement of the SAP mat.

Something else you might consider is the Active ultra, which is a middle range product that has a velcro closure system, and is all white and really looks good! :thumbsup: they aren't as expensive as other brands (both Bambino and secure personalcare have them) and they are a good all around durable product.

Something you didn't mention is your tolerance for wearing, or how long you can stay in a wet diaper. The "NEW" Bambino is what I consider an "extended wear' product, that goes along with Abena X's and Molicare super plus' It will take a L*O*N*G time for you to fill tat thing up, and it might be 'too much' diaper for you, but only you know that.

So my suggestion, as with others, is get sample packs of the items that are of interest to you and just experiment and play. I did it as well as many others here. Thats how we come to find what we like. :)

I can only speak from personal experience and what "I" like and that fulfills my desires.

I like thick bulky diapers and, asside from the cloth and plastic pants I love, Abena X's molicares and the new Bambino are wonderful, as are the dry 24/7's (O*M*G) But I find that I can't wear those "all the time" so I have alternate products that I am happy with I like bambino teddys and biancos and the active ultras. . Also eurobriefs and wellness briefs are in my 'stash' :blush:

Samples are available from most vendors, Bambino and Xpmedical, magicmedical etc.

I have ommited ABU because I consider their products to be more 'prop' like, than a real practical usable diaper :P

I have tried the SDK, and they were on par with the depends I used to wear...if thats saying something. I'll admit that I haven't tried their cushies or BMX items, because of what was said above by another poster, and again I consider them to be expensive and over priced "props", that don't function as I feel they should in the 'real world"

I keep trying to convince myself to at least 'try' them, just so I can say I did meh :P

Anyways, you need to do a bit of homework and figure out what is important to you and what you are comfortable with. I hate to see you get something you wont be happy with, and you are safer going with samples FIRST :thumbsup: 'k?

Welcome again and keep on keeping on :D

Thanks for the responses! I don't hang out in my diapers, I mostly wear them overnight and then take them off in the morning, and I pee several times during the night but pretty small quantities. Good advice to order some samples, I suppose trying them out to find my favorite gives me an excuse to be diapered more often for a while :) it sounds like the teddy's might be the best for me, but that might just be a biased opinion because they are really cute. Definitely going to start experimenting! :)

• 3 weeks later...

If the cushies speak anything for abus product line I would have to agree with the statement above. They may have better looks but functionality is comparable to depends product. I have only tried their cushies, and I would NEVER wear them as a diaper, purely for play. Even after a small wetting I have never had one that didn't leak.

I would still take a vote for bambinos if you want something that looks better and still has great functionality.

• Like 1