LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Privacy And Security

As part of my site, just after you get in the entry is a long overview page that explains how things work and why they work the way they do. It is long because 70% of it is privacy and security the topics of which are also repeated on a second page; explanations, tips, tools and how to's. Also I have a blog entry on the matter

Now that is just me. I only know so much and give that out as part of the site which might cause some to be suspicious on the order of "She may be giving me only what suits her". Beyond that, we are a closeted community so we as a group would tend to not trust outsiders or outside sources that are not recommended by insiders

I propose building a member-driven knowledge base and toolkit for the protection of privacy and security

Our privacy and security

http://sandralyn.net/prisec.html

That's some EXTREME paranoia there, and something rather suspect if your going to those lengths.

You just need: http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

And a DECENT anti-spam/anti-virus/anti-spam/firewall. I use ESET Smart Security 4, and isn't a system/resource hog unlike the rest and has given me the best protection so far.

You don't need anything alse,lmfao.

Oh and my browsers I use are: Google Chrome or Safari.

I can tell that you've never seen the level of paranoid thinking even in the non-alt lifestyle world. Just listen to Kim Komando or This Week in Technology a few times or just be "that guy" once and you will sing a different tune I am not that paranoid myself but I am not everyone else, I am me and speak only for myself; something others might benefit from learning to do. All I have is AVG Free 2112, Firefox and webmail. All recommended by my tech. I do not have Anonymizer, spybot or Adaware. These last two were once mainstays I had Chrome and Safari but they were a pain, I also had K-meleon. The'yr all related in that they got their engine from GEICO. Gecko is inherently stronger than Trident (IE). Last I heard Chrome was not quite mature and I do not know how cross-platform Safari is. Firefox also has tons of add-ons and plugins outside the privacy/security world. K-Meleon is very fast, probably the fastest browser going, but you need to know code to tweak it

It doesn't matter how secure you try to be online. Big Brother already has all your info and knows everything about you, what you do, and where you go. If you were worried about online security you should have been so 15 years ago when the 'net was still in its infancy. It's too late now.

The issue is not Big Brother, it is the million and one Little Brothers There is actually a network of spammers to whom the illicit trade sells software bots and there are concerted, organized attacks on our cyber-structure by "juhadiem" terrorists

There is actually a network of spammers to whom the illicit trade sells software bots and there are concerted, organized attacks on our cyber-structure by "juhadiem" terrorists

And there is absolutely squat you can do about it. If you are that paranoid, get offline.

I have come through 4 attempted sneak attacks (and two where I deliberatly got brave and knew what I was looking at) one of which got by the webmail, FireFox, my AVG shields and was erased by the internal virus scanner. Also webmail separates out most of the spam and can be trained to do even better. and the only personal security I have is the AVG program and I did not enable my emailer

The newest version of McAfee has actually been surprisingly good as it only takes about one hundredth the memory of an open program such as Firefox or even the damn Steam program running in the background (Yeah, I hate Steam, because it is one of those programs that has the nerve to start when Windows starts, but I have to use it). I know the older versions of McAfee I used bogged the computer down much more than that, but regardless it is the one I am stuck with, because it is the only decent one I can get for free.

Try grisoft ABG 2112 free I have been using AVG at the instruction of my tech for almost a decade. I had MACAfee free for awhile but it was a resource hog and did not attack the malware, only report it. Avast! seems to have been a pretty good program once and was recommended by a friend who was a 30 year veteran of computing but now it appears to have gone downhill

What I am trying to do is assmble a knowledge and tool base to minimize the chances and effects of troubles both human and natural and to recover from it when it happens from within the ABDL community so that we know it is those we trust and not "strangers". Now in one way Darkfinn is right but there is a tangible difference between prudent and going buck (or even rogers) nekked in the briar patch Also there is security that is so tight that you cannot use interactive things. I knew someone who could not use a BB becuase his security was one that generated a new address every time he went online. THAT is hideous. Most good security that is that tight lets you choose sites that you can drop it at

i dont' understand who or what are we 'protecting' ourselves from? i mean EVERYONE is a stranger on the internet....

what exactly is the point of this thread? i don't get it....

From evil people like you...durrrrr obviously. Oh and dung beetles, they steal peoples mud huts!!!!

Apart from the usual viruses,spam,spyware, malware, rootkits, backdoors, trojans, keyloggers and the rare hacker.

You don't have anything alse to worry about, unless you've done/doing something illegal.

Then again I don't think the police smash down everyone's door for say eg: downloading pirated music.

Only the really serious crimes eg: peadophiles, terrorists and drug dealing, hate speech, death threats, and similar.

i dont' understand who or what are we 'protecting' ourselves from? i mean EVERYONE is a stranger on the internet....

what exactly is the point of this thread? i don't get it....

It's just a paranoid person being paranoid.

I think he needs a bigger tinfoil hat.

Ah: Grasshopper: Is it not better to need a bigger tinfoil hat and have the place to put it than to have to try and pronounce your "t"'s with your buttocks?