LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Doctor

hi everyone,

i had to make a trip to the doctors today, for a rash,,, i went into the exam room, un taped myself, and covered myself up, to wait for the doctor. much to my suprise, the nurse practitioner came in. i was reluctant to show her, and her, and i kinda got into a bit of an argument, about thast whats shes here for, and all the same stuff like millions of people have this problem ect,,,,,,

i realised one thing,, i have not dealt with it!!!!! i saw my theripist shortly afte, and hes a great guy. he alsways tells me the same thing also. but this time he told me straight out,, i know you use the support boards, so what i want you to do is ask this question,,, how long did it take to somewhat axcept your problem, and become comfortale with going out, and enjoying life?

so im hoping to get a little feed back on how long it has taken some of you to get to that point?

thanks,, digger

well i was a bit apprehensive and nervous

at first but i got over it fairly quickly (about a month

of constant wearing). after that i had no problem

with any aspect of diaper wearing or usage. i am

even able to walk into a public bathroom carrying

a single diaper in hand.

have a good day!

I may be mistaken, but I think digger was asking other INCONTINENT people how long it took them to accept the fact that they could no longer control their bladders and needed to wear diapers 24/7. It's a much different situation from those of us who are ab/dl and struggle to accept that we have a desire to wear diapers.

I think that it took me a little less than a year to accept that I had to wear diapers and that was change in my life that I could handle. It took me probably about a year and a half or a little more to be comfortable talking about it, even with medical professionals. I mean I would talk to the doctors before that, but it made me really uncomfortable to do so. Now I am fine with it, and have no problem talking to even my friends about it. I have never had anybody react badly when I told them, and I think that helps.

Iowaincon

Having suffered from intermmittant stress incontinence most of my life I found to have accepted diapers quite quickly about 15 years ago when the condition returned. I wear a size 6 stuffer in my Wallmart or Walgreen disposable and I seem to be protected for about 5-6 hours. I live a very active lifestyle with biking, sailing and hockey events and diapers have greatly enhanced my lifestyle.

Hope this helps

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

hi everyone,

i had to make a trip to the doctors today, for a rash,,, i went into the exam room, un taped myself, and covered myself up, to wait for the doctor. much to my suprise, the nurse practitioner came in. i was reluctant to show her, and her, and i kinda got into a bit of an argument, about thast whats shes here for, and all the same stuff like millions of people have this problem ect,,,,,,

i realised one thing,, i have not dealt with it!!!!! i saw my theripist shortly afte, and hes a great guy. he alsways tells me the same thing also. but this time he told me straight out,, i know you use the support boards, so what i want you to do is ask this question,,, how long did it take to somewhat axcept your problem, and become comfortale with going out, and enjoying life?

so im hoping to get a little feed back on how long it has taken some of you to get to that point?

thanks,, digger

It me a couple years to get used to it. I would never go out in the day time to do anything. I would even schedule all of my jobs for in the evening telling customers I have a busy day. Even today i feel ashamed of going out scared of what is gonna happen, especially with what is happening lately with more accidents. But hey I gotta deal with it ok? there's nothing I can do about it and I not gonna let it ruin my life. Just about everyone I know knows that i wears diapers and they accept it.

hi everyone,

i wanted to say thanks for all the input on this, what ive found is that, there are many people out there in the same boat, as far as dealing with it goes. i thought i was the only one that hasnt dealt with it. but i know now, that getting to this point has been a step in dealing with it, and im glad you have all shared with me on this.

thanks again digger

Digger,

As I'm not incontinent, I can't really speak to the whole 'accepting incontinence' thing. However, I wanted to comment on your episode at the doctor's. First, my CYA statement: I'm not associated with the medical field at all, these are just my personal rants based on the info you provided in your post.

1. It seems to me that if you don't feel comfortable with your doctor/nurse for whatever reason, don't hesitate to get a new doctor/nurse or second opinion. There should never be an 'me versus them' attitude when it comes to your medical treatment. It doesn't matter what the reason is, or how significant or insignificant the reason is. At the end of the day, you need to be comfortable with your treatment and who's treating you.

2. That said, on the other hand, the nurse practicioner and doctor probably see dozens of patients every day, and maybe hundreds in a month. Some patients have very straightforward issues, others come with lots of strings attached. They are professionals trained to do a job. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about them judging you, or anything like that.

-Jess

I think for me it can be resolved into 2 things, one is to accept that this is how it is and the other to accept to be like this. It took me not long to learn that this is how things are, I was very quickly living life as best as possible with the added disability to my life, I had other issues too and that may have made it easier to force myself to just lerning to live as things are. I am paraplegic and my incontinence is just a part of that so I have, as well so many others no choice other than to live the new life.

Another thing was to accept myself, to begin imagining the new picture of who I am. I have had huge problems learning to accept this new image, and have had tons of problems feeling atractive for instance. Who on earth would ever want a woman who couldn´t even walk anymore. And should it happen, as it has a coiuple of times, that someone would feel atracted to you, how could I then ever imagine they would keep loving me and seeing me as attractive when they found out that I almost certainly evry day and at nights peed myself down, and even regularly crapped myself. Who would not mind sleeping with a girl who was wearing diapers and even more who would make love to a girl that could have accidents when the "party" was at its best.

*I honestly have had so many problems accepting and dealing with theese issues, even though they should be just minor problems. I have come to live with it now after amny years, and I can say to a guy without being afraid he will run away screaming or make fun of me.

I think many in my situation have those worries, because it affects us in such a tough way, it makes us feel dirty and unatractive, and it can take years to really, and not just partly but totally feel comofrtable with this issure.

i was injuried at age 19 back in 1967 it was well hinden even those that used diapers to play let alone other adults that had to use for real life

took many years to except the facti would wear them for life

that is why i still think there need to be one more classifaction beside Ab or DL think there also need to be AD adults that wear diapers

I think for me it can be resolved into 2 things, one is to accept that this is how it is and the other to accept to be like this. It took me not long to learn that this is how things are, I was very quickly living life as best as possible with the added disability to my life, I had other issues too and that may have made it easier to force myself to just lerning to live as things are. I am paraplegic and my incontinence is just a part of that so I have, as well so many others no choice other than to live the new life.

Another thing was to accept myself, to begin imagining the new picture of who I am. I have had huge problems learning to accept this new image, and have had tons of problems feeling atractive for instance. Who on earth would ever want a woman who couldn´t even walk anymore. And should it happen, as it has a coiuple of times, that someone would feel atracted to you, how could I then ever imagine they would keep loving me and seeing me as attractive when they found out that I almost certainly evry day and at nights peed myself down, and even regularly crapped myself. Who would not mind sleeping with a girl who was wearing diapers and even more who would make love to a girl that could have accidents when the "party" was at its best.

*I honestly have had so many problems accepting and dealing with theese issues, even though they should be just minor problems. I have come to live with it now after amny years, and I can say to a guy without being afraid he will run away screaming or make fun of me.

I think many in my situation have those worries, because it affects us in such a tough way, it makes us feel dirty and unatractive, and it can take years to really, and not just partly but totally feel comofrtable with this issure.

I never thought to visit this forum as I am not incontinent, but I'm glad I finally checked it out. I had to reply to this as my heart goes out to you and I am inspired by your courage and determination. Too many people in this world take normal for granted, and I too am guilty of that myself from time to time. I would hope that if anything ever happened to me to put me in a situation like yours, I would have half the courage and determination you have, and that makes you a very attractive person to be with. You have a very attractive avatar as well, don't kid yourself. I strongly believe there is someone out there for everyone and I am confident that there is someone very special out there for you too. I wrote a poem about this some years ago that you might find worth reading. I posted it in the forum "The Rest of your Life!" under the topic "I Feel Like I've Just Died", by Diapered Witch. I hope that it will inspire you as much as your post here has inspired me. Thanks for sharing such a personal story with us.

hi everyone,

again i want to thank all of you for the input. this is going to sound very silly(cause i know it is now)lol.

my whole problem with becoming incontinent, was how to hide it. as you all know strapping a diaper on,, and tring to get on with life, is hard enough. the feeling of having a pillow strapped between your legs is a phycoligical road block. well what got me past the roadblock, was a very simple litle thing. a boby stalking (onsie) made by abena. talk about liberating. thats liberating. it keeps everything in place, and NO diaper sag. no diaper showing in the back, and no embaressing wings wandering out of the waste band of my pants.

it was as simple as that for me. if anyone has the problem of isolation, and sagging,,,, give it a try,,,, get your diapers on, and go out, and enjoy life.,,, ok im done rambling, (no im not an abena sales man),,lol

see you guys soon,,,,,

digger

• 4 weeks later...

It doesnt matter if your incontinent or what your "problem" is. In our society anything out of the "norm" seems to make us uneasy and everybody has to come to terms with their situation. Even if you are just DL/AB where diapers are not a mandatory part of your life - I think you still have to except the fact that you are doing something out of the ordinary.

One thing you must decide when you do whatever you are going to do. YOU will make it what it is. If you make a big deal about wearing a diaper ... then guess what. It will be a big deal.

From personal experiance. Anytime you go to a doctor with a personal problem and they are the opposite sex (or for that matter - same sex as you) - I think there are two things you must keep in mind.

1 - Your problem and you coming to them IS their job to help you with. Otherwise why did you go to them?

2 - You dont have anything they havent seen before. If you are worried about a diaper - I'm sure that is minimal to what they have seen before.