LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Diapers As Soakers

I was wondering...

What is the best size and/or brand of baby diaper to use as a "soaker" inside an adult diaper?

Does cutting them in a certain pattern help?

What do most do to keep it in place, so it wont shift around inside.

You can tell I've never tried this. But I want to. :thumbsup:

None, to be honest.

If you want to use a product as a soaker. buy soakers. They're designed for it.

What will happen, even you cut a baby diaper, is two things:

1: The liquid will be forced through a few small holes in the soaker into the main diaper until there is overflow around the edges.

1A: Following that, all of that liquid will be directed at the edges of the big diaper, where there is less absorbent material. some will flow back to the center.

1B: The liquid will eventually leak.

2C: There will be an incredible mess from the loose hydrophobic gel inside the diaper, causing taking the thing off to be an incredible hassle.

I realize that boosters like Bambino's are a little more expensive than baby diapers, but trust me. You will be MUCH better off for it.

If you aren't looking for boosters for utility, but rather for the baby feel around your bits, then grab a diaper you like. That's the most important thing when they're being used in the fetishistic sense.

Edit: For soakers, here:

http://www.diapersit...r_doublers.html

Best of luck!

• Like 2

Leilin is correct, most baby diapers do not function well as a soaker inside an adult diaper. Actually soakers within an adult diaper don't perform as well as they are supposed to. It is a simple problem of physics. With a baby diaper, the ratio between the thickness of the diaper to the thickness of the supporting material (normally plastic) is high enough so that a soaked baby diaper can stay together and be self supporting. However, when one scales this up to the size of an adult diaper, when the diaper gets soaked, the padding tends to separate and clump together. If you use a baby diaper, which normally has a higher absorbency level than that of an adult diaper, it will reach saturation point and burst before the adult diaper gets wet. If, however, you cut/pierce the rear of the baby diaper to assist the drainage, this becomes the weak point of the baby diaper and it will break there. Also, since the adult diaper is being filled by leakage of the baby diaper, the adult diaper will not get wet until the baby diaper is saturated.

Secondly, most baby diapers are designed to give some space between the skin and the diaper when worn on a baby. An adult diaper is not so designed. As a result, adding boosters to an adult diaper tends to reduce the speed the adult diaper can absorb which equals leaks.

For optimal absorption in diapers, it is better to stretch an adult diaper out and either hang it, or lay it out flat for a few days before wearing. This allows the padding to expand. In an effort to reduce packaging, most diapers are compressed into their packaging. This compresses the padding and reduces the diapers absorption ability.

Diapers absorb at relatively slow rates compared to the average speed one empties ones bladder. This is not a problem to a baby - who voids small amounts frequently, or an incontinent adult - who voids constantly OR small amounts either by reflex etc. As a result, disposable diapers don't work that well for continent adults. Cloth diapers can absorb at those speeds.

• Like 1

Babykeiff says: "Cloth diapers can absorb at those speeds. "

That's why I use infant sized cloth diapers as soakers, folded lengthwise down the center of my adult disposable with extra folded to the rear.

The cloth diaper spreads out a flood and "wicks" excess fluids to the rear of the disposable, thus using more of the disposable.

Downside? Yes, you have to wash the cloth diaper......unless you can afford to throw that away too.

Happiness Is Wearing Cotton Diapers

• Like 1

As usual, for anyone who mentions cloth diapers, I'm sure there will be a plethora of response over the need for care and washing of cloth soakers. That said, at $1 per diaper, and since I can handle both the need to wash and care involved, cloth baby diapers as soakers ROCK. Even the thinnest adult diaper can be used up completely thanks to the wicking action of cloth. And, add it to a diaper like a Molicare, you can go - and I have - (and go, and go, LOL) 24 hours with a single diaper!

You can double them up, folded, end to end and open them up toward the top of the back and front. You avoid bulk but increase absorption capacity tremendously. Of course, you have to be ready to experience the cloth/disposable "package" and "feel" of same. You really can figure when you will leak if you're going to. Too, the use of plastic pants - the antithesis of diaper wear for the younger set, sadly - is advised, but whatever.

My two cents...

Diapers absorb at relatively slow rates compared to the average speed one empties ones bladder. This is not a problem to a baby - who voids small amounts frequently, or an incontinent adult - who voids constantly OR small amounts either by reflex etc. As a result, disposable diapers don't work that well for continent adults. Cloth diapers can absorb at those speeds.

I was just thinking about this issue recently - there's lots of different ways of using a nappy as a continent person but I guess frequent small wettings will get the best capacity out of it. There's few things more satisfying than waiting until you're really desperate then letting go forcefully in your nappy, but it does risk leaking a lot sooner! Even just using it as you would a toilet, and wetting when you would normally get up and go, won't let you get close to the nappy's full capacity most of the time.

Actually I have used them effectively as a stuffer but the prep time isn't all that fun. But when forced to use a diaper that sucks :huh: as Depends I prefer to be safe over the time constraints.

I personally cut the sides away as close to the leg elastics as possible next to the inner lining. Then the diaper lays flat. Next is the harder part, you must puncture the diaper so that:

A. You make decent size holes to allow for flow, but not puncture the inner liner against your skin.

B. Go deep enough through the S.A.P. layer to the inner fluff

C. Using a slight scooping motion while pierced in, flipping carefully out to bring the fluff to the outside of the plastic, without detaching it from the layer it came from. No small feat, but with practice possible.

I use various "tools" to accomplish this, the main one most people don't have, my dental tool set ( :P )

When done this way you basically have small little wicks leading from the inner diaper to the outer one. In fact if done correctly you basically have small holes from the liner to the outside which will allow urine to flow almost unimpeded to the outer diaper in smaller amounts. The wicking then takes over and tends to get both diapers full at the same time thus tripling what a depends can hold without much money invested.

A pain yes, but in a emergency it can be done right. Who has the link to the video with the instructions on the kind soul who shows you how to actually separate a adult diaper and place the baby diaper inside it. I know I saw it a while back, quite informative and neat little trick. He has it down to a science.

• Like 1