LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Am Just Wondering ?

I had a psych eval to be proactive for a divorce, since ex-wifey played the diaper card with her lawyer. Psych eval found I was damned sane, well adjusted, and pretty normal in the scope of what is considered "normal". I was told that I could try to eradicate my diaper fetishism, but it might or might not work, be really expensive to go through that therapy, and would, for the most part, only trade one "leaning" for something else. Most of us simply have some sort of addictive, obsessive, compulsive personality, and it's just WHAT it is - in our case, diapers - that is different among people.

A psychiatrist is supposed to take a neutral position on your fetishism, will try to determine how it might have been triggered, and if it leans toward involving children - in which case your leanings NEED to be eradicated at all costs - and if it is debilitating in terms of your ability to lead a "normal" life in "regular" society. If it's just a little aggravation and doesn't hurt anybody else - though it seems to bother your wife with the degree you indulge yourself - it should be no big thing. If you don't impose it on anyone else, what's the worst that can happen? Diaper rash? Seems to me the only one THAT would hurt would be YOU! LOL

Oh, in case you wonder, the diaper card never got played in court - didn't get that far - and the lawyer wouldn't let me see the psych eval so that what I read wouldn't skew my testimony if I got called to the stand. Should probably try to see what got said since it never got used and was expensive enough to have done!

• Like 1

I also have gone and am going due to my wife being upset over there whole thing. Thankfully the psychologist explained it to me very well and told me there was nothing dangerous to my mental health which I already knew but my wife didn't. I am finally talked my wife into coming to the psychologist with me ans spend the entire session talking about it that's tomorrow I can't wait. My wife is still totally againstme wearing them at all even though I told her I would do it 100% of the time away from her she would never know my wife in the other hand said she can't handle knowing I'm walking around with it even though she isn't around when I do it. Now she still think there is something wrong with me that's why I'm really excited about going with her so the doctor can tell Ger how stopping might not be an option. Good Luck and don't worry about it it will go ok I was extremely nervous bout just go in there and be truthful about everything I told mine I love to wear them and we're them it was really hard at first but I think utterly went well.

What causes a fetish to be a problem is when it affects your life in a negative way and/or affects those around you. Personally, I'm able to keep mine to myself. It sounds as though you found something you really like to do but those around you (such as your wife) do not see it the same way you do. That's one of the main reasons I don't want to get married. At the risk of getting pounced on, I'll "generalize" and say that women view infantilism and a diaper fetish (or most anything guys like to do, for that matter) very differently. Their chemistry is different and their brains are wired differently simply because they are biologically designed to be mothers. Please don't label me as a chauvinist. I fully support equality and womens' rights, but I've had too many run-ins with women because I have a nurturing side and love taking care of children. (Women are appalled at that thought and think I shouldn't like kids because I'm a man). So I understand how their thought processes run. I hate to say it, but you'll probably never be able to convince your wife that what you do "heals" you. Ask her what she likes to do to relieve stress and escape the daily grind of being an adult. The outcome for you will be how you discuss it with your wife and what the two of you say in the conversation. But since women are usually responsible for changing babies' diapers, you won't find too many of them seeing diaper-wearing as an outlet for emotional satisfaction... sexual or otherwise.

Be sure to see a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. Psychologists are scientists which like to explore and are able to spend time with psychoanalysis, where psychiatrists are doctors and are more likely to suggest treatments and prescribe medication. I'm assuming you want to explore the issue, not be treated for it. If you do go, please update us on whatever you'd be willing to share. I'd definitely be interested!

i went to see a psychiatrist about PTSD. the diaper thing came up but he said that it was within the scope of normal sexuality and was not an issue. My wife thought differently even though she knew i was a DL before we were married. Now she accepts it but does not like or want any thing to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I both went together for several sessions many years ago as we were having some marital problems and the diaper wearing/using was part of it. The Dr. explained that as long as what I was doing was not harming others, including my wife, what was the problem with it. She also mentioned that this fetish is not that uncommon. My wife has since decided that I can pretty much wear whenever I want, being discrete in public, but she does not want to partake in any of it.

Luckily, in my case, I never needed a psychologist or psychiatrist. My wife knew about my DL before we got married and has repeatedly said that I'm not hurting myself or anyone else so what's the big deal. Yes, she thinks it's odd and doesn't understand it. But then again, I don't understand it either. She also knows that I'm discrete and don't want anyone else to know about it, which I think is best. I really don't want to know about my friends fetishes either.

I saw a psychiatrist when I was in my teens. I confessed my diaper wearing to my parents, and they offered to let me see a psychiatrist. At the time I felt like such a freak, all I wanted was to be cured, and it took him a long time to convince *me* that it didn't work that way.

Eventually I learned a lot about my psychology and with some tolerance on the part of my parents to explore the fetish (basically a DADT situation), and I actually got less interested in diapers, and over the next few years didn't do it as much.

Having seen this same doctor for almost 15 years (first went as a middle school age kid for ADHD), I have to say, it feels like he's checked out now. He never asks about diapers, and usually just tells me the same sort of stories... he's become more like a a pill dispenser. But when I started seeing him, especially for diaper stuff, I just had so much guilt and shame bottled up - he really helped me there.

• 5 months later...

I too had been to a psychologist, about 14 years ago. He wasn't AB aware, but was very sensitive about my wearing diapers and tried to help me figure out why I liked to wear them so much. That didn't work (as my first memory is trying to wear one of my brother's diapers) but in the end but he did say it's my one (coping mechanism/leaning/crutch/what ever you want to call it) that every "normal" person has. At no point did he call it a fetish or danger to my mental health or anyone else. I did end my sessions with him feeling better about myself though- which I suppose is what they are supposed to do any ways.

I never mentioned diapers to my therapist, though we did go over my childhood pants and bed wetting. Back then I hadn't explored this much and didn't realize how important it would become to me ;)

Now I am going to recommend that if any spouse should want the other to see a Therapist/Psychologist/Psychiatrist, that spouse needs to go too. Why? Because often the other spouse has a problem, but you're not ever going to convince them of it. The only hope is that they believe the professional. Of course you don't want to present it to them that way, tell them that as a couple you should go together so you both learn who needs to do what and the best way to do that. In other words ask them to go to help support you- hopefully they will.

I say this because I have known dozens of crossdressers who encountered this same problem. In the few cases where the spouse went along, it always went well even if there was an agreement to disagree- the love and relationship kept going and nobody lost anything even if nothing was gained. Those who didn't take the spouse along learned that there was nothing wrong with them but not the first one of them could not convince the spouse of this. Some spouses even claimed they were lying when they recounted what the Professional said, even when it was in writing. When the spouse is that far past convincing, they most certainly need some help of their own.

This is one of those times where you may have to use the "If you really love me, you'll do this for me" card. If it comes to that don't relent- make it clear that they will go with you or you won't go. You are supposed to be in this together forever with no reservations or limits. If they are not that dedicated to you then it's time for you to lose them because it's never going to get any better and it will likely get worse.

Just my observations here, your opinions may differ :)

Bettypooh

• 7 months later...

It's called 'targeted advertising and what you see is based on what you've looked at online which has been tracked with cookies.

No, it's not the Psych doing this- it's you and the ad companies. Welcome to the 21st century where you get what they want you to have whether you want it or not :o

Bettypooh

reason for asking is my wife thinks i should see someone about it and i am just weather other people have spoke to a doc about it and what the docs end result is on the matter .

Even if you fully comfortable with your diapered side, this is something that can go a long way towards putting your wife's mind at ease.

And keep in mind that if the first doctor you see isn't sympathetic to your diapers, try a different one.

Psychologist didn't really care too much. He said, well...it's like any other thing. Moderation is the key. If it starts to screw up other things in your life, then you have a problem.

He didn't really find anything wrong with it. Coping mechanism or not...people have kinks.