LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

More Questions, This Time Leaks

Well I have talk to my both my doctors that I now have and they are both running more test. When I talk to my primer care doctor She said that she wanted to see if it might be my back that has got to that point, so I had to get an x-ray. Well this afternoon I got a call saying that I'm going for a MRI as there is a chance that things are worse then they thought.. I talked to my Urologist last week and he wants to basically run a few test next time I see him. I do not know all the test but I know one is the scope, and then there was something about how much I can hold test also. But in the mean time I have to learn how to deal with this more as leaks are not fun.

I guess I should start with the basics. What can I do to stop from having leaks daring the day and at night. I know the first part is get better diapers for the day time as depends are not that good. They had been working with only a leak if I had not changed in time. But now they are leaking more. The other one is Night time accidents I have not had to many so far but as I have said things are getting worse. I'm now to the point that my wife is telling me to wear protection to bed and I do not think the diapers I have will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciate....Oh I'm a side sleeper if that make any difference.

Army_toddler

Being a side sleeper i'm the same way. I finally broke down and started buying bambino blancos for bed as my wife dose not like the baby stuff. With the bambinos in the last few months I've only had a minor leak.

after a quick search in Memphis this is what I found...

http://www.jrsmedica...INENCE/nav.aspx

Carries Attend brand and a few others I am not really familiar with. But Anything they have is probably better than Depends.

http://www.methodistmedicalequipment.org

Carries Kendall products. I do not know what these are like, maybe someone else has info about these...

There are several more listed... But I can't seem to find websites for them. If all else fails try the phone book under medical supplies...

Ok, while here I will post the info on other medical supply place around Memphis...

A & D Healthcare LLC

5138 old summer road

Memphis

901-5076-585

Direct Medical Supplies

7285 Winchester Rd # 104Memphis, TN 38125

(901) 737-5069

Advance Medical Supplies

Memphis, TN 38101

901-362-9551

Allied Medical Supply

• (901) 683-3543

690 S Mendenhall Rd, Memphis,

Since they do not seem to have websites I don't even know if they can help you with better products than you are using now. But it can't hurt to call...

5138 Old Summer Rd, Memphis, TN 38122

Side sleeper = Cloth diapers and plastic pants. That's what has gotten me thru 25 years of bedwetting. Not many disposables have padded side wings any more. The other option is to tuck your "unit" down between your legs. This helps for side sleepers, trouble is if you are young and have nocturnal erections, you might wake up in a little pain! For some of us 50+ guys, nocturnal erections are not much of a problem anymore. (Ok, I speak for myself anyway...)

Side sleeper = Cloth diapers and plastic pants. *snip*.)

I use cloth as well.. And I agree. But sometimes people are just not ready to make that commitment.... Cloth is not for everyone.

But I find it does work very well...

If you want to stay with disposable diapers you need better diapers. I don't know your financial siitutation but dry247, abena x-plus, secure x-plus and bambino are all excellent diapers that will help at night. Tranquality makes a "slimline" diaper that is discreet and holds alot for daytime use. I hope this helps.....

I would suggest you forget the local stores and just go to the internet. XP Medical is a great resource for disposables. Fast, courteous, competitive pricing and discrete shipping. For cloth, try fetware.com, baby-pants.com, angelfluff.com or adultclothdiaper.com. Yes, the names of these places can be a bit odd, but the products are great. You will find many choices in colors & patterns in case you are feeling festive. I wold suggest a phone call- they can be very helpful witrh first time buyers and will make certain you get the right size and amounts of everything.

I too am a side sleeper and had leaks all the time. Depends are definetly not adequate enough but I often don't have the time to spend washing loads of cloth diapers. Try using a real diaper like Molicare or Abena, they are like night & day when compared to Depends. Another way to cut down on leaks is to use a good diaper cover over your disposables. They will prevent wicking if your diaper is on the verge of leaking.

Another real big difference came when after I once had knee surgery and had to sleep a little different. I used to sleep on my left side and would have my right knee & leg on top of my left but couldn't do that after the surger. Instead I rotated my hips forward and shifted my right knee over my left. It took a little getting used to but that rotated my waist & hips as if I were almost sleeping on my stomach. The leaks have since decreased from every night to once every few weeks.

Well I have talk to my both my doctors that I now have and they are both running more test. When I talk to my primer care doctor She said that she wanted to see if it might be my back that has got to that point, so I had to get an x-ray. Well this afternoon I got a call saying that I'm going for a MRI as there is a chance that things are worse then they thought.. I talked to my Urologist last week and he wants to basically run a few test next time I see him. I do not know all the test but I know one is the scope, and then there was something about how much I can hold test also. But in the mean time I have to learn how to deal with this more as leaks are not fun.

I guess I should start with the basics. What can I do to stop from having leaks daring the day and at night. I know the first part is get better diapers for the day time as depends are not that good. They had been working with only a leak if I had not changed in time. But now they are leaking more. The other one is Night time accidents I have not had to many so far but as I have said things are getting worse. I'm now to the point that my wife is telling me to wear protection to bed and I do not think the diapers I have will work.

Any help would be greatly appreciate....Oh I'm a side sleeper if that make any difference.

Army_toddler

Army_Toddler,

Overnight (8+ hours) there is really not an adult sized diaper that can handle that type of stress. This is due to a number of things

1. Padding in an adult diaper is arranged in the centre

2. No / little padding in the sides

3. The elastic in the waist area does not stop 'overflow'

4. The proportion is incorrect to prevent this

A baby diaper does protect during the 8+ hours due to one major reason - the diaper is roughly half the size of the child, and as such, can handle twice to three times a baby can provide. The only baby diapers that aren't that large are the unbranded / discount diapers. Even at this, some baby diapers do weep / leak at the waist / inner leg cuffs.

For you to avoid overnight leaks requires multi-layer cloth and plastic pants. Nothing else on the market can solve this. Even this is not perfect.