LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vintage Goodnites/Drynites Galore! (1994 Through 2009!)

In 2009 I foolishly spent large sums of money on eBay importing old GoodNites from the USA (and DryNites from AUS) because I really wanted to see what they were like in comparison to modern ones (I had often heard how the pre-2002 'snug fit' version was apparently taller, thicker, stretchier, more absorbent, etc.; however the total opposite is true: they used bad elastic that wears out after one wearing, they don't hold much, they're not noticeably thicker (they're just packed more loosely), and I find the print on the 2007+ model to be more babyish (much to the chagrin of real bedwetters, heh). I also found that 2009 XL GoodNites actually fit me considerably better than 2002 XL GoodNites, but now I'm too big for either of them, so the time has come to sell them on to the next interested party.

Here's what I've got:

1994 USA GoodNites Large, Unopened. ("XL" size didn't exist back then)

1998 USA GoodNites XL, Opened. Pack of 18 with about 10 to 12 remaining (this pack was actually manufactured in 2001, but the design is 1998). The packaging does have a few rip holes in them on one side.

2002 USA GoodNites XL, "Snug-fit" (before the "Trim-fit" model). I have three unopened packs of 9, and one opened pack with 7 left inside.

2002 USA GoodNites XL, "Trim-fit", pack of 18. Unopened and in good condition.

2001 AUS or UK DryNites Large (XL didn't exist in the country at the time), unopened.

2002 AUS DryNites XL, Unopened.

2009 USA GoodNites XL, Opened, pack of 9, with 6 or 7 left in package

I'll post photos as soon as I get my camera repaired. If no-one here is interested I'll add them to eBay. (BTW, can you guys spread the word onto other sites like ADISC? I don't have an account there, and I'm not keen to register there either, but I digress).

I'm open to selling them individually, but if anyone wants the lot then I've got open ears. Remember that I'm based in the UK and so international shipping can be expensive unless you make it worthwhile.

I'll listen to any offer, but each unopened 2002 GoodNites XL "Snug-fit" package individually can fetch up to $50USD on eBay, so make your offers accordingly. In total I think I paid about £300GBP for the lot (the 1994 and 1998 ones were very expensive), so I'm keen to get my money back on this.

Thanks!

Not interested but Dang, should've purchase a couple cases of the older goodnites and saved them I guess if they're selling for that much!!!

You should buy current Size 7 diapers now anyway. I don't know Proctor and Gamble's marketing data, but I would not be surprised if they discontinued Size 7 (or reclassified it as a "Size 6+") in the next few years (unless childhood obesity rises s'more). Because of this, I reckon they'll be worth a fair bit in the future.

If you'd consider it, I'd love to get one of each for a side by side "GoodNites over time" exhibit in my museum :)

Sure. Drop me a PM sometime.

Coincidentally I bought these because I wanted to do a Diaperworld.org-style review and comparison of all the variations and how they've changed over time, but I never got round to it, and I don't really have the resources (or inclination) to do a proper review (with science! like precise capacity measurements, how the material stretches, exact dimensions, etc). If you'd like to do that, then be my guest. If I would be sending you that stuff, would you like to buy all of the 2002 stuff then? You'll have better luck selling them on eBay than I will (since most people nostalgic for GoodNites are in the USA, I only have the nostalgia because all the TB/DL sites I surfed on in 2001/2002/2003 were all on about GoodNites).

Coincidentally I bought these because I wanted to do a Diaperworld.org-style review and comparison of all the variations and how they've changed over time, but I never got round to it, and I don't really have the resources (or inclination) to do a proper review (with science! like precise capacity measurements, how the material stretches, exact dimensions, etc). If you'd like to do that, then be my guest. If I would be sending you that stuff, would you like to buy all of the 2002 stuff then? You'll have better luck selling them on eBay than I will (since most people nostalgic for GoodNites are in the USA, I only have the nostalgia because all the TB/DL sites I surfed on in 2001/2002/2003 were all on about GoodNites).

It sounds like you were planning to do something similar (albeit far more detailed in your case,) to a project that I've been working on. Basically, I've been collecting GoodNites for a few years now--one "Mega" size package for boys, and one for girls from each year. My goal was to eventually compare design/packaging changes over the course of a decade at first, and subsequently expanding on the project as time went by. My diaper collection includes several unopened bags of GoodNites, predominantly in the L/XL size, and occasionally in both the S/M and L/XL sizes. I have at least two bags of GoodNites from each year that I've been collecting--one for boys and one for girls in the L/XL size in the "Mega" package--and in some situations I also have S/M variations. (I have S/M variations of GoodNites that I obtained retroactively, although I'm hoping to add L/XL variations as well.) In addition to photos of the packaging, I've also taken photos of the diapers, but those have been from bags that I've opened and used in order to avoid opening the diapers that are part of my collection.

1994 USA GoodNites Large, Unopened. ("XL" size didn't exist back then)

1998 USA GoodNites XL, Opened. Pack of 18 with about 10 to 12 remaining (this pack was actually manufactured in 2001, but the design is 1998). The packaging does have a few rip holes in them on one side.

2002 USA GoodNites XL, "Snug-fit" (before the "Trim-fit" model). I have three unopened packs of 9, and one opened pack with 7 left inside.

2002 USA GoodNites XL, "Trim-fit", pack of 18. Unopened and in good condition.

2001 AUS or UK DryNites Large (XL didn't exist in the country at the time), unopened.

2002 AUS DryNites XL, Unopened.

2009 USA GoodNites XL, Opened, pack of 9, with 6 or 7 left in package

I really wish that I could afford the 1994 GoodNites as part of my collection, but I just can't afford what these are going for combined with overseas shipping, so I'll unfortunately have to pass. (I know that the L size was the largest available when GoodNites launched in 1994, which is why these are something I'd love to be able to add to my collection.) Ditto for the 2002 "Trim-fit" variant. Also, just out of curiosity, are the 2009 GoodNites for boys or girls? Some members here might be interested in the gender that corresponds to that particular package. I'm also curious about how you found a pack of GoodNites from the USA that only contained nine diapers though--every package sold in the states as far back as 2006 contained no fewer then 12 diapers, and frequently more then that.

Also, before you sell these, could you please take pictures of the packaging, and PM it to the DD member Zander? These would be very useful for the new Reviews section that he's been working on, and the GoodNites section in particular needs products from 1994-2003. Once you PM him, he might even invite you to contribute to developing the reviews section as well. (I've covered everything from 2004-2011, although we still need original photographs of packaging and diapers from certain years. DryNites will receive their own section from what I understand, just as they do in the current Review section of DD.)

As far as "Size 7" diapers go, technically, they really are size "6+" when you think about it. P&G sells, or at least they sold "half" sizes at one point for taller babies/toddlers. The "half" sizes aren't/weren't really easy to find (they were sort of a specialty item if you will,) but they basically were labeled as size 1/2, size 2/3, size 3/4, etc., with corresponding weight ranges. Size 7 is technically "size 6/7," but P&G probably didn't want their largest size to be a "half size" and chose to call "size 6/7" simply size 7. (Despite having a size 5/6, there was no size labeled as 6/7.) Also, Angela has stated that "size 7" is essentially no more absorbent then size 6, but is intended for taller toddlers, which further supports the idea that size 7 is really "size 6/7."

I don't think P&G will discontinue size 7 outright, but I do think they'll be limited to online and specialty (e.g. Babies 'R' Us) stores given their niche status. I'd be more worried about missing out on the Huggies Little Movers "Slip-On" diapers that were just released, then size 7 for the time being. Of course, the "Slip-on" line could do very well, but if it doesn't, I'd like to have it in my diaper collection as an oddity. I bought the first Pampers UnderJams as well as GoodNites Boxers/Sleep Shorts because I didn't know if either line would survive. The GoodNites Boxers/Sleep Shorts are now discontinued, but UnderJams don't appear to be going anywhere. Still, if you can afford it, it probably wouldn't hurt to have "Size 7" in a diaper collection just in case something does happen to it.

Words

Last week I felt I needed to grid rid of these diapers sooner rather than later because I recently moved back home from uni and these diapers fill up four crates, but earlier this week I was able to rearrange my bedroom and find space for them, so I'm in no real hurry to lose them.

My main digital camera (a DSLR) got damaged after a slight knock in one of my department's labs rendering it inoperable and needs repairing. (For all the hype modern SLRs get for 'toughness' they're still very fragile). It's out of warranty so the repair procedure is different and more expensive, that said I do hope to have it fixed within a few weeks. I'll definitely get round to doing some reviews and posting them on the forums here, the mods are free to add them to this new super database I've been hearing about.

As for the exact quantity, if they're packs of 9 or 12, I'm fairly sure they're 9, but they could be 12. The packs of GoodNites have been wrapped in black bin-liners (to stop sunlight getting to them) ever since I got them in 2009. I'll report back again sometime.

I won't have any money until sep 2011, so hopefully you'll still have them by then?

I only really want 1 of each just like DailyDi wants, as they don't fit me anymore but I love collecting vintage pullups, vintage baby nappies and some vintage adult nappies, even more handy for you is I'm uk based.

I remember drynites when they were just plain white and very crinkly with nothing on them. Not sure how long ago that was.

I won't have any money until sep 2011, so hopefully you'll still have them by then?

I only really want 1 of each just like DailyDi wants, as they don't fit me anymore but I love collecting vintage pullups, vintage baby nappies and some vintage adult nappies, even more handy for you is I'm uk based.

I remember drynites when they were just plain white and very crinkly with nothing on them. Not sure how long ago that was.

I can't say any of them are particularly "crinkly" (in fact, I the modern ones seem more noisier) I think it might be related to what you're wearing on top of them.

I'm not doing anything with them for a while, pending the results of this thread. If I ever do come close to a decision I'll post in this thread in case anyone still wants a shot.

• 5 months later...

Behold topic resurrection!

I'm just letting everyone know that I've still got four crates' worth of GoodNites that need a good home.

Here is a photo I took in 2009 of them, plus a few others:

post-26204-0-89179700-1326246062_thumb.j

Note the photo shows things I no-longer have:

• Pampers Cruisers Size 7 - 2009

• Depend Fitted Briefs Medium - 1996

• Pampers UnderJams L/XL - 2009

Everything else is still there. I note that I did open one of the 2002 GoodNites "snug fit" goodnites and removed three of them. All of the others remain sealed except the 1998-2001 GoodNites which have about 10 left of the original 18.

I'll take any price (shipping varies, this is from the midlands UK but I'll ship anywhere worldwide discreetly). PM me with any bids or offers.

post-26204-0-89179700-1326246062_thumb.j

Update: I've decided that I'm no-longer interested in getting my "investment" back - I'm fine with giving these away for free, as long as they go to a good home.

Of course it depends on whatever a good home is. I'll let you use your judgement.

Update: I've decided that I'm no-longer interested in getting my "investment" back - I'm fine with giving these away for free, as long as they go to a good home.

Of course it depends on whatever a good home is. I'll let you use your judgement.

mmmmmmmm :o:P I'm definatly up for them for a good home, heard you said your in the UK too. Could you hold onto them until the 1st of feb 2012? When I get my money in for postage by courier...

I'm not going to be greedy and ask for everything, but I'd certainly love some vintage GoodNites to remind me of old times. How do you want to go about this?

Which ones are you after? Just PM me your address and I'll let you know how much postage will be, I'll reply with my paypal address and I'll pop them in the post the same or next day.

Which ones are you after? Just PM me your address and I'll let you know how much postage will be, I'll reply with my paypal address and I'll pop them in the post the same or next day.

You said in PM to me he could only have 2 packs of the 2002 Goodnites, as you keep changing the agreement made with both parties(between me and you), which is something you don't do when giving things away or selling them.

You said in PM to me he could only have 2 packs of the 2002 Goodnites, as you keep changing the agreement made with both parties(between me and you), which is something you don't do when giving things away or selling them.

Nothing personal - I just always make contingency plans. Actually, the guy who posted in this thread that I was replying to wasn't the same guy who PM'd me - but the PM guy didn't respond to my message seeking confirmation.

You'll get what you asked for, don't worry.

Nothing personal - I just always make contingency plans. Actually, the guy who posted in this thread that I was replying to wasn't the same guy who PM'd me - but the PM guy didn't respond to my message seeking confirmation.

You'll get what you asked for, don't worry.

Does that mean I'll get them all, including all 4 packs of the 2002 goodnites then?

As I don't mind paying the extra postage costs.

Thanks

It's now monday and I haven't received any responses to the PMs I sent in response to anyone who expressed interest except for LightningXIII, so he'll get the lot (except for two of the 2002 Goodnites, which I'll keep for prosterity). I'm going to go down the post office now.

It's now monday and I haven't received any responses to the PMs I sent in response to anyone who expressed interest except for LightningXIII, so he'll get the lot (except for two of the 2002 Goodnites, which I'll keep for prosterity). I'm going to go down the post office now.

Cheers m8

Who or what is prosterity?

• 8 months later...

I'll buy the rest off him that he's selling as I really enjoyed wearing, wetting and ermmmmm getting off in those goodnites :P:blush: , as I doubt he would ship to australia...

• 2 months later...