LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Coasters Coming To A Park Near You ?

Just thought I would let everyone know that a few parks in the US, Canada and Europe are getting new rides/coasters in 2012 or 2013. I will try to update the list but remember there are a lot of parks so I may miss a few.

*United States/ North America*

>Busch Gardens Europe is getting a coaster that will use the old Big Bad Wolf station

and footprint. Multiple launches, possibly built by Zierer.

>Sea World in California is getting a Mack launch coaster themed to Manta's with exhibit.

>Hersheypark is getting some kind of Intamin coaster probably a mega lite. Supports are

already on site.

>Dollywood is getting some kind of B&M coaster as track and supports are on site.

>Canadas Wonderland have been digging footers for new attraction that is more than

likely a new coaster.

>Six Flags America has closed down Skull Mountain a water attraction to make way for a new ride? This park desperataly needs a new coaster.

>Cedar Point is rumoured to get a new coaster in 2013.

*Europe*

>Europa Park just announced a new GCI wooden coaster for next year.

>Thorpe Park is getting a B&M wing rider.

>Parc Asterix is getting a B&M invert coaster.

>Alton Towers is working on SW7 or secret weapon #7. SW is a code they give to major

new attractions in developement. Slated to open in 2013.

Guest little_jonny

since i work at cedar point and my dad works year round as a manager, i haven't heard any thing of a new coaster.. if i do, i wont be able to tell

But are any wood? I :wub: wooden coasters. The metal ones can do far more than wood, but for me nothing beats a creaky shaky wobbly rough-riding wooden coaster :D Maybe I have a hidden masochist streak in me :lol:

Bettypooh

The only wooden coaster so far is Europa Park and is being built by GCI http://www.greatcoasters.com/

LOL MASOCHIST WOULD BE A COOL NAME FOR A WOODEN COASTER.

But are any wood? I :wub: wooden coasters. The metal ones can do far more than wood, but for me nothing beats a creaky shaky wobbly rough-riding wooden coaster :D Maybe I have a hidden masochist streak in me :lol:

Bettypooh

We have a great big wooden coaster here at PlayLand in Vancouver. Pretty sure it was all made by hand too.

I love wooden coasters but they don't love me back :boxing::lol:

The worst one for beating you up that I've ridden recently though, is Mind Bender at Six Flags GA. If you're not ready for it, the brakes at the end are so harsh that you'll face plant into the seat in front of you :o (see

"Good Lord" :lol:). It's a really fun ride though. Proper round loops, too :D

Speaking of old wooden roller coasters, I'd love it if someone would rebuild the Crystal Beach Cyclone at some major amusement park. The Crystal Beach Cyclone was one of three roller coasters designed by Harry G Travor in the 1920's. I believe the Crystal Beach Cyclone was built in 1928 and dismantled in 1941. It is reputed to be the most terrifying roller coaster ever built and by the look of the pictures and youtube vidios, I believe it! The word is, it was dismantled due to high maintenence since the violent action really stressed the structure. Check out the links below.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=crystal+beach+cyclone&aq=0&aqi=g3g-v7&aql=f&oq=crystal+beach+cy&oi=image_result_group&sa=X

It's interesting, I wonder how many wooden coasters over the world have been called "Cyclone" and if they all trace their name back to Coney Island? My very first coaster was a wooden Cyclone at Frontierland in the UK back in the early 90's (later renamed Texas Tornado and now long since demolished :() If you were lucky, the guys running it would have reversed the front part of the train that day and you could ride at the front but facing backwards, which was great. It wasn't a fast ride or a high ride but it was a classic... If I'm remembering it rightly, the only restraint was a seatbelt :D

Here's a nostalgic Youtube:

Just as decrepit, overgrown, wobbly and run down as I remember. if you look closely at the end, it was manually braked - no computers involved so if there was only one train on ( which was common), they often used to just send you through without stopping B)

Bettypooh

I :wub: wooden coasters, too. I was incredibly disappointed :crybaby: when Hercules was replaced by Hydra at Dorney Park. I do enjoy going upside down and what not, but steel coasters are just too smooth of a ride. They practically put me to sleep. :baby_sleeping:

I :wub: wooden coasters, too. I was incredibly disappointed :crybaby: when Hercules was replaced by Hydra at Dorney Park. I do enjoy going upside down and what not, but steel coasters are just too smooth of a ride. They practically put me to sleep. :baby_sleeping:

Steel coasters too smooth of ride? Obviously you have not rode Ninja at SFOG or any other steel coaster designed by Vekoma or TOGO.

Steel coasters too smooth of ride? Obviously you have not rode Ninja at SFOG or any other steel coaster designed by Vekoma or TOGO.

I :wub: Ninja though. Dunno why, but it has a charm... Perhaps because it's all so tied up in itself that everything feels so much closer than normal as you pass under other tracks. Now Batman, that ride always beats me up... Likewise Cyclone :P

I was there on Monday and rode Ninja a good few times since it hardly ever has any line to speak of. Great day - I was greying-out through Goliath's helix by the end :wacko: G-force sickness or something :P

Acrophobia is the only ride they have which scares me a bit (but I love it, too in a masochistic kinda way, especially if the ride op is feeling sadistic :blush:)

Bettypooh

:lol: We had two wood coasters in the Detroit area, Edgewater Park on the W side & Walled Lake Park out in the Novi area. Was to Edgewater Park several times with groups or family. When I started driving, went a few times more. Even in the mid-'60's, it started to be a place NOT to hang out at.

My friends and I went to Walled Lake almost every Saturday night for 2-4 years. We would get there in time for opening, head straight to the coaster, and ride it all night until closing. Sometimes we never had to get off & reload and rode 6-12 cycles, then if there were new riders on the platform, we had to get off. Obviously, we made friends with the operators. We got away with things that would NEVER be tolerated now. Often, one of the two operators would jump on the "running boards" and ride with us, walking around, talking, & then joining us or others for the end of the ride. We found out how to unlock the bars so we could stand up, (hands in the air,) and walk around on the "running boards" like the operators did.

Reportedly, but also may be an "old wives" tale, the Walled Lake coaster had the highest and fastest "first drop" in the world when it was built and retained the title for many years. The bottom of the first was actually 3-5 feet below ground/grade level.

I used to love the Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Boardwalk, but we don't get over there much any more. I recall being seated next to a cute girl when I was in my teens and she was pretty friendly, and a screamer (on the ride, of course.)

I can't do many metal coasters any more, I get headaches almost every time from the G forces. Switchback used to be the worst for that. That thing is MADE to give you whiplash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Busch Gardens Europe (Williamsburg, VA) has just recently opened Mach Tower. It is a drop ride to the left of where the old Big Bad Wolf once operated. Last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) There was some definate construction to the hill that Big Bad Wolf was on including the removal of the old waterfall that ran down towards the Rhine River but not sure if its a new coaster they are working on. Can't wait until they open another new coaster there but I wonder why they never replaced "Draken Fyre" (aka Dragon Fire)

Busch Gardens Europe (Williamsburg, VA) has just recently opened Mach Tower. It is a drop ride to the left of where the old Big Bad Wolf once operated. Last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) There was some definate construction to the hill that Big Bad Wolf was on including the removal of the old waterfall that ran down towards the Rhine River but not sure if its a new coaster they are working on. Can't wait until they open another new coaster there but I wonder why they never replaced "Draken Fyre" (aka Dragon Fire)

The last time I visited BG Williamsburg they where just starting to build Drachen Fire back in 1991. Verbolten is the rumoured name for the coaster going into the the old BBW site. It will also follow some of the footprint of BBW, including the drop over the Rhine River. Here is a site with info on the 2012 coaster http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51838&start=2170