LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well Poop - Pc Problems

Bought a PC a few months back that I thought would be good for a while, but no. Video card is too slow to play WoW at Good or above quality. Upgraded to a new card, but now the whole PC is acting up as they only put a 300w power supply in it! Not messing with power supply as it would void my warranty, so ordered a new one that will hopefully be here Thursday.

My current one is going to Mom as hers is old and this one will do all she needs and more. Hers I will throw on Craigslist for a few bucks.

Getting:

Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz - 64 bit Quad-Core Processor

16GB Memory (Comes with 10, but I am replacing that with better sticks)

1.5TB Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics memory

High Definition Audio with up to 7.1 surround sound capabilities

SuperMulti Blu-ray Player

USB 3.0 Card

Why would you worry about voiding the warranty to install a PSU? How is that different from installing a graphics card? I had a Gateweight once that had a bad PSU, they sent a new one under warranty and it was bad too. :badmood:

IDK...I've been building my own since I was ten, until I bought my iMac a few months ago.

I've had bad luck with power supplies and cheap motherboards, so I don't like to mess with the combination. Something goes wrong and I loose everything, not worth the risk.

We new system I build all of mine and it sounds lime u will put some money in it. If I may make a recommendation stick withthe 10g of ram and get a decent ssd for your os it makes a world of differnce. I have an Asus g73jw with a 120gig mx-25 intel SSd and it runs all blizzard games completely maxed out

Wow thats quite the gaming rig for someone who plays WoW haha, I bet that cost a lot. Im quite the computer geek and I have an Intel core i7 @ 3.7 Ghz :whistling: Why do you have so much RAM? Im a hardcore gamer and I've never used more then 4GB of it. Anyways that computer is pretty kick ass and I hope you enjoy it :)

The memory is more for my photo programs and multi-tasking, but it's so cheap these days that for $114 I can max out the new box with quality sticks, so why not? :)

Price isn't too bad, $1,200 with my upgrade purchases (Memory, USB 3.0 card, USB 2.0 card for more ports) Had to do it on credit, but that's okay I suppose.

What brand of ram are you getting?

G-Skill, OCZ, Corsair are all great brands to use. I got 2x 2gb DDR3 1666 Mhz Kingston memory in mine, is ok, might upgrade it to something better eventually.

The hard disk, why 1.5gb, 2gb is even better? And Samsung spinpoint F3 do really decent drives at a cheaper price, much quieter than Western Digital, and also runs cooler. And so far has been ultra reliable.

And the OS and most used programs should be used on a SSD. And the hard disk for other data.

Also depending on your graphics card and cpu is you need a decent reliable PSU, higher efficiency the better. Mines 80% efficient, you can get ones 90% efficient but are expensive as hell.

85% efficient is what most are that don't cost a ton.

If you had multiple hard disks, you'd also need a pretty powerful psu.

OCZ OCZ700MXSP-UK 700W ModXStream Pro PSU would be the bare minimum I'd say if you decide to get a SSD as well.

Between the 700w = continous and it's a modular psu.

I got the 400w version of it. But then I've only got a 500gb Samsung Spinpoint F3 hard disk, 2x 2gb of Kingston DDR3 1666Mhz ram, Intel I3 CPU 540 @ 3.07ghz (dual core, 4 thread), Geforce GT220 graphics card only draws 50w max,2x 120mm Noctua vortex control quiet fan which can't draw that much power, 1x Pioneer labelflash(is like lightscribe but better) dvd-rw, motherboard is Foxconn ITL-031.

The package I choose comes with 1.5TB Hard drive, and that's more than enough as I have external drives for all the ABDL stuff.

Went with G-Skill memory

SSD will come later. Don't want to spend more right now.

What brand of ram are you getting?

G-Skill, OCZ, Corsair are all great brands to use. I got 2x 2gb DDR3 1666 Mhz Kingston memory in mine, is ok, might upgrade it to something better eventually.

The hard disk, why 1.5gb, 2gb is even better? And Samsung spinpoint F3 do really decent drives at a cheaper price, much quieter than Western Digital, and also runs cooler. And so far has been ultra reliable.

And the OS and most used programs should be used on a SSD. And the hard disk for other data.

Also depending on your graphics card and cpu is you need a decent reliable PSU, higher efficiency the better. Mines 80% efficient, you can get ones 90% efficient but are expensive as hell.

85% efficient is what most are that don't cost a ton.

If you had multiple hard disks, you'd also need a pretty powerful psu.

OCZ OCZ700MXSP-UK 700W ModXStream Pro PSU would be the bare minimum I'd say if you decide to get a SSD as well.

Between the 700w = continous and it's a modular psu.

I got the 400w version of it. But then I've only got a 500gb Samsung Spinpoint F3 hard disk, 2x 2gb of Kingston DDR3 1666Mhz ram, Intel I3 CPU 540 @ 3.07ghz (dual core, 4 thread), Geforce GT220 graphics card only draws 50w max,2x 120mm Noctua vortex control quiet fan which can't draw that much power, 1x Pioneer labelflash(is like lightscribe but better) dvd-rw, motherboard is Foxconn ITL-031.

I have a similar system, albiet with a much more powerful video card, and it was custom built with a 700w power supply. 300 watt seems much too low for anything but the most basic systems these days. In your case, a 500 or 600 watt would probably do fine, maybe even a 400 watt. I went with the 700 watt though to accommodate future upgrades.

It comes with a 460w which should be fine for what I need, but I bought it from newegg who understands upgrades need to happen, so I can change it out if I want.

Plus one for Newegg. But man $1200 for a desktop machine is a lot of diapers man. I just got a an I5 processorer for my work machine. runs great. I will be buying a new machine for home later this fall.

Nice surprise: My new computer has USB 3.0 ports that weren't advertised as a feature. So if anyone needs my add-on card let me know (PCIx1 card - requires a 4-pin flat power cable)

Lol, all this just to play WoW? Also if you want it for gaming I would spend a bit more on the graphics card, that is a mid to lower end card. Even my friends have just recently upgraded from 4GB to 8GB of memory. I would say 10GB of memory is total overkill unless your a professional photo/video person.

If I was buying today I would certainly want something that was going to last me, and I would have spent more on a video card since that was your main reason for upgrading. If I were you I would have built one myself (really not that hard these days). And would have went with this list:

oajdjaade.jpg

That adds up to $1254 including an 128GB SSD and 1TB HD. Along with the GTX480 which is better then getting the newer generation mid to low end card. This is why one should always build their own.

Also I do more then most on their computers as I am a Computer Engineer (graduate June 2012). My desktop doesn't leave me at all wanting and can play all current games on Med settings and it is except for the processor swap a 3-4 year old computer that I built myself.

Orginally it had:

2GB Memory

Intel Core2Duo E6300 (1.8ghz)

NVidia 8800GT

Seagate 500GB and 1TB drives

Corsair 850Watt Modular PSU(Won at an NVidia LAN party)

Upgraded a couple of years ago to 4GB Memory.

Then just about a month ago found a good deal on craigslist for a Core2Quad Q9650 (3GHz), so jumped on that and my computer never leaves me wanting now.

Oh and it has no troubles with WoW even before it was upgraded. Sometimes play on private servers, I will not pay a monthly fee for a game.