LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cyclists, What Do You Wear?

Any cyclists here wear while riding? If so what brand/style do you prefer? I'm looking for something that will hold together. Doesn't matter how thick or thin, the bulge is going to show some under the cycling pants anyway.

I've checked the archives and it seems most posts on this are pretty old. There's quite a few new items out since the last time it was discussed.

I've used quite a few different diapers, and haven't had very much problems with diapers breaking up. I generally put a pair of underwear over the diaper which serves as a protection from tearing. I'm currently using Abena, but I'm not too sure if I would recommend those since they seem to break up easier than most diapers I've used. I've actually found Walgreen's generic diapers to have a pretty strong cover, but I haven't worn those in a couple of years.

Now, I generally don't go on insanely long rides (usually about 2 hours) and I've never soaked a diaper completely through while riding.

I ride everyday at least 20-25 miles per day. I wear Pampers 7 Cruisers because they are cheap, thin, and keep me pretty well protected. I usually will wear them under my boxer briefs. I fit really well in the cruisers because I am tall and thin, but just for extra protection I put a little extra tape to make sure it doesn't stretch out too much. I have no problems with chaffing or discomfort and I actually prefer to ride diapered, except when it is extremely hot, but then again if it is that hot I usually don't ride anyways. Good Luck and Ride Safe!

If I remember correctly Bambino's are pretty good at not clumping and hold together well. Also Abena's are good, they do start to come apart in the back some after 4-5 hours of normal activity. So I would assume after an hour or two cycling their might be a few spots where the padding has come apart in the back, but it doesn't clump.

I certainly would avoid Molicare Super Plus, it defiantly starts to clump. Though I found the Molicare Super Air Active to be a good midrange diaper that didn't clump.

The other one I could recommend is the Tena Stretch, had no problems with them clumping.

I don't ride with any regularity, but when I do, I prefer Bambinos with boxer briefs over them. Bambinos don't clump and separate like a lot of diapers do. I wear for need now and have worn Abena Abri-forms, both the M3's and M4's while riding. The M3's hold up better since they do not have as much padding. I would not recommend wearing any diaper while riding though without underwear or some kind of covering over them, like lycra bike shorts, as the plastic can sometimes stretch and split while riding.

I'm about to add cycling into my 'get my figure back' campaign. At the moment I'm just walking. In the past I've just used TenaLady pull-ups and had no problems with bunching or leaking. Like diaperednicole I wear tights (pantyhose). They cover up a multitude of sins and 'iron' out any vpl.

Hi,

I usually go on long rides on ATV trails up in maine. The rides are usually very bumpy and rough. The total ride can be about 8-12 hours round trip, with no place to change. I usually wear Deltaform with a couple of boosters or dry 24/7. never had problems and still had room in the diapers after the trip. In the past before Abena and dry care, I used molicare and traquality, which worked okay, just didnt hold as much. I would have to say that the dry care would be my pick, the plastic is really strong. Further more I think the long trips on the ATV trails was the final test of any new diaper I have tried in the past. If it could hold up for the day, it was sure a good diaper.

good luck..

I don't ride with any regularity, but when I do, I prefer Bambinos with boxer briefs over them.

I couldn't help myself when I read this! It sounds like that beer commercial! "I don't drink beer very often, but when I do, I prefer DosEquies!" I like Attends diapers with the plastic backing, but I know years ago (When Attends were better made) and I rode my bike wearing one, they would clump up. I just wonder if the bike seat makes any difference? My old bike had a regular seat since it was made in the 1960's. You know, the wide seat that you could actually sit on as opposed to the seats now days that look like the back of an axe head! Seams those kinds of seats would just be continually ramming any diaper up your crack which might cause padding breakdown and clumping easier.

I just got into biking. So far haven't gone out in a diaper. I think it would show too much under my spandex shorts. Maybe its just me, I like to wear my bike shorts even after the ride is over. The padding reminds me of a diaper between my legs.

I ride my exercise bike in the house all the time. I love the extra padding.

I wear lille supreme fit briefs, they hold together just fine. I've just started an exercise regime after gaining a few pounds and I am cycling and walking and I wear 24/7. no problems to report as of yet. oh, the last bike ride was about 16 miles and all was fine.

I suppose it depends on the kind of riding you are doing. I think there is a difference between a cyclist and someone riding a bike for casual exercise or recreation when it comes to wearing diapers while riding. In my experience as a cyclist - with the ridiculous hard core road bike - diapers are not comfortable. They add extra padding and so pressure to the perineum which could create anything from numbness to saddle sores. Some bike saddles may be more forgiving than others - but mine is a piece of carbon fiber which is very comfortable by itself - but add a diaper and there is too much pressure in the wrong places. I think more casual bikes may be more suitable - but even then, I couldn't see a thick diaper as ideal. I would worry about chafing, and frankly a waste of a good diaper (when you get home you will have ruined it with you sweat and will need a change most likely).