LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This is both a matter of practivallity and esthetics. I would suggest the following

MATERIAL: Thick or thin? This tells you how durable Smooth or grainy, the texture. The better panties are made of smooth thick material, for example,, Comco. They are almost impossible to wear out in that regard. In the baby world, Sear's Best and Baby-Mate both from about 30 years ago. Empires from that time were smooth but relatively thin. I would say that the material is thin if it is 3 mil or less and thick if it is 6 mil, which seems to be the practical limit here

SHAPE: how full-cut are they? this determines how thick or how many diapers you can use. I do not know of any units of measure for fullness

MEASUREMENT: the width of the crotch at the narrowest point and the length from waistband to leg band at the shortest point. This will hlep you decide how long your diaper(s) should be. Generally 10" at the crotch seems to be the narrowest acceptible and at least 12" waist to leg band

"BABYISHNESS: This is a matter of looks and is esthetic although a more practical panty will look more babyish. On the other hand, this is not a good attribute for stealth. I would venture to guess, however that the great majority of us would rate "babyishness" pretty high. Even most DL's have a bit of AB/AK in them from what I see here. As to units, I really have no idea here. I guess this dimension would run from low to high as follows.Stealth/ Incon, Boy, Sissy, Girl, Christine smile.gif

I yield the floor

This can relate to both pure DL's and Inocns since the better panties would be made of better material

I am a fuss-pot when it comes to pants, right up to the point that what I tend to buy is probably not the best option.

I like PVC pants made fron vinyl, the soft quiet kind, the stuff that has that unmisteakable smell when new and soft.

I have tried allsorts of pants over the years, plastic, ie made from nylon, poly urethane and these do last longer but never have that smooth feel of vinyl pants.

Plastic pants are a nightmare in as much that you have to try many types to find a style and fit that suits what you wear under them, I tend to wear full cut generously sized pants over nightime cloth nappies and closer fitting neater pants over a disposable nappy for daytime use under normal clothes.

Then there is a choice of how the waist and leg bands are finished, either with a material cuff sewn onto them or pants folded over and the elastic sewn inside like Gary's type.

I prefer the material type as it is kinder to my skin over the long time period I wear them. I find that the folded over type always tend to dig in and due to sweating almost always make my skin red and marked.

I'd have to say that the folded and sewn type are rather more leak proof than the material cuff type

I have also tried rubber pants, in both natural rubber and synthetic materials.

The modern types of pants made from these are nearly always cut and shaped cheaply so they never fit like the ones you and a few other older users describe.

Another thing I've noticed is that they usually have material bound legs and waist holes, not the thicker rubber leg and waist seals that old style pants had.

This usually means that the don't work very well and allow wicking from the legs or waist area when worn over terry nappies.

I do like AdultClothDiapers.com Leakmaster highback pants as they work well, it's just they are very expensive for me to buy and ship to the U.K.

I also have a few pairs of the Leakmaster heavyweight pants (Made by Gary) That I've had for a couple of years and they are starting to split at the top of the waistband, but I'm not complaining they have had a lots of use and many machine washings

so actually were well worth the money I paid for them.

Another problem I've found is that when you order pants manufacturers have a wide and varied idea of what their sizes mean and how they will actually fit.

I have two big cardboard boxes that have pants ordered in my size that don't even come close to fitting properly usually so small you would have no chance whatsoever of getting them on comfortably without the bulk of a nappy.

A lot of pants are what I call fetish pants, made to satisfy people who like that idea of wearing nappies and plastic pants but are not that worried about their fit or performance.

Good quality pants are getting hard to find these days, they are also getting rather expensive, my last batch a few months ago of five pairs cost £40 plus postage.

A quick warning about any pants made in the East, ie China or Hong Kong, they might be cheap but are never of good quality and always sized very small, I mean small enough to be useless.

If I had an easy supply, I would get the Gerber style old VIP, don't know if its a memory thing or what. But they did get stiff fairly quickly.

That being said, my Comco's were thick, and the elastic lost its strength before the rest of the pant wore out.

I have always had my best luck with Euroflex (polyurethane)very thin, very soft, and last forever. I have also worn these until the elastic failed, but that took years. I would get non transparent ones if they were offered, but don't have a need for a babyish design or print.

I'm more interested in their performance and durability.

Here are examples of what I mean and how I do it based on what I have found to be important based on what is in the literature and what people ask about most

Comco Pull On Panties

Comco Snap On Panties

A. C. Medical Beta

A. C. Medical High Waist Christy Diaper Panties

Head to head comparisons like this is called "shootout". I think it would be desireable to use the paramters used here in the new review section

EDIT to include my new Kins review

http://www.dailydiap...showtopic=31570

• Like 1

A quick warning about any pants made in the East, ie China or Hong Kong, they might be cheap but are never of good quality and always sized very small, I mean small enough to be useless.

I have to agree with this. I ordered what looked like really good plastic pants from China via eBay, and when they arrived, the snaps broke immediately and despite ordering the largest size, they were way too small, to the point of being unwearable. I complained and they refunded my money immediately. So be very very careful.

I now order all mine from AdultClothDiapers and I have been very happy. I especially like the PUL ones because they breathe.

• 5 months later...

I I especially like the PUL ones because they breathe.

They BREATH?! I hope they don't say "Luke; I am your panties"

I have been wearing cloth diapers and pants at night for most of my life.

I prefer my overpants to be vinyl and loose fitting.

I don't have issues with leaks because I wear a thick diaper. When the diapers get thin and old, I double them and get some more mileage out of them.

I have large thighs so I have my pants custom made. Fetware does a good job.

Throughout my life, I have probably used just about all of the brands known to man.