LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thinking Of Going To Church With A Diaper On

Kitten and Sarah - very even handed and clear explanation. Sarah, you've said you too are an atheist and I respect that. Still you've approached the discussion from a very rational and thoughtful point of view.

Hidden - you still seem to persist in the confection thing, but worse, I think, is the insistance on 'whatever makes you happy.' I hope you can temper that with the idea of making yourself happy in ways that honor, value and respect not only yourself but others around you. Now, if it makes you happy to put your feet up on the table in a restaurant and clip your toenails, I'm not sure that the offensiveness of that should be submerged by your personal pleasure.

I'm not saying that you've got to bend to everyone else's personal preferences in allowing yourself to be happy. I do think, however, that God (should you believe in God) and human dignity ( I HOPE you believe in that) wants you to be happy, but in the context of your positive relationships with others. Notice also that I've taken the diaper issue out of 'church' and put it into the context of relationships. Right now I'm in a relationship (25 year marriage) in which my wife recently found out I wear diapers and is disgusted by it. I'm not giving them up, but we are working on finding some sort of resolution. I'm not going to flaunt them or any other behavior, but I'm going to continue to do what I need to do. We will continue to work on the relationship and try to find ways to keep us both happy and 'in' a positive relationship. I think God wants that sort of thing.

IF the want to do the 'Jesus thing' - to which I'm firmly committed - it's appropriate to remember his 'mandate' on Maundy Thursday - the day on which we celebrate his Last Supper instituting the sacrament of Holy Communion. This mandate or commandment went beyond the old testament commandment of loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and also loving your neighbor as yourself. He said, "Love your neighbor as I have loved you." This goes beyond just loving your neighbor as yourself, but does include it. My slant on that is also that we MUST love ourselves enough so that we can love our neighbor that much too. In this sense, we need to be happy with ourselves in order to love our neighbor.

Hidden - do you see that this goes beyond just making yourself happy? If you don't buy into the whole relationship thing (with or without God) then that's one thing. I would argue, however, that if you are so self-absorbed as to want only to please yourself and to hell with anyone else (which you haven't necessarily said) then you probably won't find all the happiness you're looking for.

Kitten and Sarah - very even handed and clear explanation. Sarah, you've said you too are an atheist and I respect that. Still you've approached the discussion from a very rational and thoughtful point of view.

Hidden - you still seem to persist in the confection thing, but worse, I think, is the insistance on 'whatever makes you happy.' I hope you can temper that with the idea of making yourself happy in ways that honor, value and respect not only yourself but others around you. Now, if it makes you happy to put your feet up on the table in a restaurant and clip your toenails, I'm not sure that the offensiveness of that should be submerged by your personal pleasure.

I'm not saying that you've got to bend to everyone else's personal preferences in allowing yourself to be happy. I do think, however, that God (should you believe in God) and human dignity ( I HOPE you believe in that) wants you to be happy, but in the context of your positive relationships with others. Notice also that I've taken the diaper issue out of 'church' and put it into the context of relationships. Right now I'm in a relationship (25 year marriage) in which my wife recently found out I wear diapers and is disgusted by it. I'm not giving them up, but we are working on finding some sort of resolution. I'm not going to flaunt them or any other behavior, but I'm going to continue to do what I need to do. We will continue to work on the relationship and try to find ways to keep us both happy and 'in' a positive relationship. I think God wants that sort of thing.

IF the want to do the 'Jesus thing' - to which I'm firmly committed - it's appropriate to remember his 'mandate' on Maundy Thursday - the day on which we celebrate his Last Supper instituting the sacrament of Holy Communion. This mandate or commandment went beyond the old testament commandment of loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and also loving your neighbor as yourself. He said, "Love your neighbor as I have loved you." This goes beyond just loving your neighbor as yourself, but does include it. My slant on that is also that we MUST love ourselves enough so that we can love our neighbor that much too. In this sense, we need to be happy with ourselves in order to love our neighbor.

Hidden - do you see that this goes beyond just making yourself happy? If you don't buy into the whole relationship thing (with or without God) then that's one thing. I would argue, however, that if you are so self-absorbed as to want only to please yourself and to hell with anyone else (which you haven't necessarily said) then you probably won't find all the happiness you're looking for.

Mountain=mole hill?

Diapers don't hurt anything. If they make you happy, do it. Diapers don't hurt anything, meaning that you shouldn't be worried about them.

Ok, I am going to tell you right up front, I'm not a Christian. I never have been. However, I have the same respect for our Earth and the rest of the universe that you do for your God, and believe that the force of all-that-is is omnipresent, in everything, so I understand some of the concepts. In my personal belief, doing good for others, respecting the Earth above all, and being unselfish are very important things. From what I understand, Christians are supposed to do good for others, respect God above all, and be unselfish. The difference between your views and my views on sin are mostly when and how you pay up for it. However, I still believe you do pay for your misdeeds, I just think it happens while you're still alive. To each their own. Ask yourself why you like diapers. Is it because they are sexual for you? Would it detract from a relationship with a future spouse or your relationship with God? Or is your desire more innocent, something you use to relax or simply just enjoy? Is it hurting anyone? Is it just underwear for you? I would not wear them to Church if they are ANYTHING other than an underwear choice for you. I view ritual space, or worship space, as a sacred place, meant to focus on paying respect to what you believe in, and if you are distracted by the crackly thing in your pants you can't pay proper attention to what you're there for. It is not wrong to be happy. It is when you abuse the thing that makes you happy to the exclusion of all else that it becomes a bad thing. I can't answer questions you may have regarding masturbation, because I don't think it is "sinful", so long as it does not take away from your partner or your ability to be productive. That's a point where Christianity and I never got along. My point is, if you aren't hurting anything by wearing diapers and you continue to do good in the world and show proper respect, God isn't going to care about your underwear. Hope you get yourself sorted out. Also, please don't judge all non-Christians by the ones who have annoyed you. We're really not all that bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Does wearing a diaper outside of church distance you from God any more or less than wearing a diaper in church? Does it affect your relationship with the people worshipping with you? Does it damage the relationship you have with anyone else? If it does for you, then YOU need to deal with that.

I actually agree wholeheartedly with that. That makes the most sense. And, no, it really doesn't affect the way I feel about God or others. And, I know, it looks a little uppity to have just started this account and immediately write something so serious, but I've been off and on this site for years. Even had a prior username, but I couldn't remember it, so I simply started a new one. Sorry, to any atheists or agnostics, if I offended you. I had just been in a bad argument with someone on another website before I wrote that, and upon re-reading it, I can see that came off quite grating. Not trying to make enemies- besides, my best friends are all atheist/agnostic, so...

seriously? even athiests can have a better understanding of communion than that.....

wine is symbolic of christ's blood. The BREAD is symbolic of his body, its not a cookie its not sweet, in some religions it is a dry wafer, in others it is an actual loaf of bread, symbolic of 1. breaking bread together and 2. of christ's body.

so communion has nothing to do with enjoying urself by getting drunk or eating sweets.... it is a solemn occasion symbolic of christ sharing the last supper with his disciples....

i mean communion is a joyous occasion as well, but not in the get drunk and eat cake sort of way, in which you represented it......

by the way I too am an athiest..... but i still know what communion is, and that for many it is a very serious action to partake in.

But, in principle, he's right that Jesus drank wine. He was even accused of being a drunk. Granted it was by people who hated him, and were trying to make him look bad, but the point that there's nothing inherently wrong with hedonism (according to the bible) is right. Sometimes atheists grasp things like this better than Christians. BTW, my outlook has changed somewhat since I wrote this post.

...I can't answer questions you may have regarding masturbation, because I don't think it is "sinful"... Also, please don't judge all non-Christians by the ones who have annoyed you. We're really not all that bad.

The bible, actually, never talks about or condemns masturbation- with the exception of a guy called "Onan"- who, in context, was judged for something else entirely. So, I happen to think Christianity doesn't altogether condemn it at all. Also, sorry if what I said sounded inflammatory to non-christians. Crud, I really wasn't trying to alienate you guys. I could have said it a lot better than I did- it sounded like I was saying I don't care about your opinions, which I didn't mean to say at all. Sorry about that.

The bible, actually, never talks about or condemns masturbation.

Correct. The story of Onan is one of the most misunderstood and misrepresented tales in the bible. Long and short of it, Onan was ordered by God to impregnate his brother's widow. This is called a Levirate union, where the living brother impregnates his dead brother's wife in order to provide her with children so the family line can continue. It is an ancient social practice that is still held in some tribal societies.

Onan refused, instead "spilling his seed on the ground" and was subsequently killed by God for wickedness. He was not killed for "spilling his seed on the ground", but rather for disobeying the order to impregnate his brother's widow.

This has nothing to do with masturbation or with having sex for pleasure or anything of the such. It is merely used as an example of what can happen to people who don't follow social traditions.

The bible is full of tales that show readers how to live a "good" life. However those seeking power can twist its words to suit their own purposes. The bible even provides two instances of this happening, where Satan quotes scripture in Genesis 3 and Matthew 4. Amazing how many people don't get what is being said here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chhockle

I see no reason that you should not wear at church. You would find me wearing at church most weeks. After all if you can not be yourself at church where can you be yourself. That being said I totally understand the fear of being judged, which is ashamed considering that Jesus was always about widening to circle to those who were traditionally considered outsiders. In the end I think it is about whether you feel "safe" wearing at church, if so I say go for it because it makes you happy, if not I suggest not because life is too short to feel unsafe.

wow this escalated this far? Simply put, priorities are key. if you wear to your church, school or whatever event and are subjecting others to your sexual gratification it is wrong, however simply wearing for comfort or psychological need and enjoying them is fine. What you're wearing is between you and God/monky/non-existent missing link/giant spaghetti monster. Whatever you hold sacred shouldn't be tainted by the constant thought of carnal gratification. It's really all about your priorities are. If wearing will distract you from receiving what your attending church for then don't wear, otherwise who cares if you piss your diaper in church.

i try to keep religion and sex seprate. wearing diapers for me is a sexual thing and i would never want to wear them to church other than for medical reasons. thats just me and thought id put my 2 cents in.

• 1 month later...

I forgot I'd even written this. Well, I'm an agnostic now. I did wear to church. It didn't bother me at all. It's a psychological thing related to abuse (I believe), for me- don't know if I mentioned that. I find it comforting. Anyway, yeah, wore to church, and it was fine. I feel so free to be myself now, though. So much more free.

That is a great Kurt Cobain quote. I've been a fan of Kurt for years. I'm glad you feel much more free now. It is sad that being a part of a church made you feel less like yourself, because churches should help people be more themselves not feel like they need to hide yourself. But anyway that is my frustration coming out about churches (I'm a Christian, but am continually annoyed by the stupidity of the church). Good for you being as much yourself as possible that is the best thing you can be.

I have just read the whole three pages of this thread and to me the most obvious reason has been overlooked.

In my mind, church is one of the hardest places to be completely discreet in public because one is alternately

standing and sitting in front of the same people for say an hour with few distractions. This is only slightly better

than walking on a treadmill in a gym with a row of people using machines behind you. In either case people have a lot

of time and few distractions, so they notice everything around themselves.

So if you want to avoid being a distraction (or worse) be extra careful at these venues. Imagine finding a couple of

half moon wet spots on your pants at the end of the service--and then realize that you could be sitting in front

of one of these people again next week or a month from now. Do you really think no one will notice or remember?