LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Next Big Thing?

So, I got to thinking - what does everyone think the next big thing should be as far as a diaper product - whether it be a diaper, plastic pants, etc etc? What product I guess would you think would be the next big product that a bunch of people would buy? Realistic obviously. I think it would be a Colored Adult Diaper personally - I think people would like it but IDK. what would you want or think would be the next big thing?

I'm not sure what you mean " a product that a bunch of people would buy". Do you mean people as in the general population of incontinent people or 'people' as in just the ABDL community?? :unsure:

Anyways, regarding a colored diaper....there are several out there already, molicares are purkle :P and wellness briefs are blue, tranquility are a peach color etc. And ther eis the product from ABU which has purple and prints....Soooo... *Shrug* thats already out there.

The one thing I have noticed as a 'trend' if you will for general incontinence products is the angle the PG is taking with their 'protective underwear' is a product that doesn't "LOOK' like an incontinence item, but more like regular underwear. I guess this is to make people 'feel' more "normal" about their condition etc...and get away from the whole "adult diaper' thing, and medical appearing briefs and garments.

For me as a D/L (and a big kid :P ) I'd like to see an adult version of a pull up like is available for kids, or the goodnites like things, with prints and colors....those are really pretty cool :) Granted they may not hold a lot, or are intended as 'extended / over night' products, but would make for fun and functional if needed. but I doubt they would appeal to anyone outside the AB/DL world, since everyone else is trying to be or look or feel "normal". Thats just my take. I have made this suggestion to the makers or Bambinos (since I feel they ar ein the best position to develop this kind of product) but... it's either something more difficult to produce, or they feel it's not a viable idea and not worth pursing financially....MEH.

Anyways, just my 2 1/2 cents worth

(still love that pic you use as your avatar...:D )

So, I got to thinking - what does everyone think the next big thing should be as far as a diaper product - whether it be a diaper, plastic pants, etc etc? What product I guess would you think would be the next big product that a bunch of people would buy? Realistic obviously. I think it would be a Colored Adult Diaper personally - I think people would like it but IDK. what would you want or think would be the next big thing?

I know I'm starting to sound like a shill for them, but I absolutely love the Tena Super Stretch diapers. And because the things I like about them are practical, I would think they would be embraced by the incon community as well. Here are some things that I think are wicked awesome about them:

• Cloth-like cover that's really quiet
  • Discreet amount of padding in the front and back, but more in the crotch, where it's harder to detect
  • Absorbent enough to take three good wettings
  • Single stretchy belts on each side with wide "Velcro" fasteners. Not only are these like baby diapers (for you ABs out there), but they're also completely practical and offer a great, snug fit that keeps the diaper up even when wet.

Now, on this last one, Tena advertises the fact that this new belt system reduces the number of sizes required, which reduces inventory. See? Very practical.

I'll be the first to say that these diapers aren't perfect--leak guards would be nice--but they're my favorite for a reason and I would think that anyone who wears diapers our of necessity would love 'em. There are more absorbent diapers out there, but along with absorbency comes bulk, and past a certain point that becomes a liability in the real world. To me, these are the right balance of performance and discretion.

I just don't get why they're not on anyone's favorite list but mine. To me, from a purely practical point of view, this is where adult diapers should be headed.

-RMS

Good Question. Honestly, I don't have an answer. I'd venture to say if the economy continues, we will probably trend back to a breathable nylon or cotton twill, with disposable insert. At least that's my guess. What is it that you're thinking about?

I really want to see a company(either ABU or bambino) to make a late 80's/early 90's style, gender specific(at least blue/pink coloration, not necessarily different padding configurations)diaper.

What's the next big thing? Well lets see- they make diapers thick, thin, noisy, discreet, colored, plain, printed, and there's always cloth with it's accoutrements. We've got AB ad ABDL clothing, furniture, bibs, bottles, and toys. and I'm sure I've missed some things :whistling: There's always someone making/claiming more absorbency- usually more hype that usefulness- and they usually take nearly forever to get it on the market :rolleyes: so there's really nothing I can see that isn't already covered. As far as 'big', since Bambino's entererd the market specifically targeting the ABDL's, there's been nothing 'big' happening and I can't see that there will be :angel_not: Perhaps a fashion trend toward more adult-sized baby item logo T-shrts, but that's all I see from here ;) Actually that's a good thing though, because it means that we can get what we want now instead of just dreaming about it :D

Bettypooh

I don't think people are thinking "outside the tape" far enough. You have to really stretch your imagination to see what might be the next big thing in diapers.

For example, what is a problem with diapers? Capacity, bulkiness, comfort, odor? Imagine each solved then imagine all three solved and see where it leads.

Capacity - The need for more really isn't the issue. That has pretty well been dealt with but the issue is discretion and the next item, bulkiness.

Bulkiness - It takes something to absorb the fluid and/or contain the solids. Solids can't really be absorbed or significantly reduced, only contained with current technology. Bulkiness might be a new and improved super SAP, something that absorbs the fluid and instead of growing mushy, turns to a thicker agent, like a paste or other less malleable compound. Additionally, the ability to wick the wetness to other areas of the diaper that traditionally aren't used often would be an additional capacity and bulkiness solution. Not only a super SAP but a super wicking agent to quickly disperse the wetness.

Comfort - Some would argue that happiness is a wet diaper. Those with tender bottoms might disagree. Diapers today often have an acquisition layer but they are usually not fast enough. What if a fast, truly one way fabric were invented? Literally a flat one-way valve of cloth-like material. Diapers would NEVER feel wet. Maybe as an intermediate step, male diapers would have a small pouch that the stream would be directed into so that the fluff absorbed the urine but the rest of the diaper was sealed away from it so that the wetness is trapped between an inner and outer layer of waterproof material. Female diapers might need to be re-engineered accordingly to accommodate a similar design feature.

Odor - Simple keep the waste from contacting free air and you remove the odor. Not as easy as it sounds and possibly the most difficult but there are ways. The comfort part may go a long way to sealing urine away but bowel accidents are still going to stink unless you are sealed into an air tight environment around your middle. Not for everyone but those with frequent diarrhea might opt for a diaper with an adhesive ring that sealed the perianal area around the opening to something similar to a colostomy back buried within the diaper core. Waste not exposed doesn't have odor. Unfortunately, we are back to bulk and comfort. Perhaps the bag could be dispersed into two separate compartments, one that directed stool to each hip rather than sitting on a single bag.

So, maybe that will jump-start some creative processes. I freely give these ideas to the community and only ask that I be referenced should you profit from these ideas in much the same way Arthur C Clarke is credited with originating the idea of a space satellite.

Several good ideas in here definitely. I think the next big thing would be just the ability to offer a vast selection of different prints on a diaper. Obviously, prints are important to a lot of people and the different prints seem to attract people. A company making an even more absorbent diaper as referenced above is going to really do no good - Bambino and other companies have some of the most absorbent diapers on the market that pretty much cover any absorbency issues you could need. I think the next big thing is gonna be something in the design department rather than absorbency.

I don't think an all-over colour diaper is that important - you can already buy diapers in a fairly wide range of colours if that's your particular thing (blue, green, yellow, purple/pink).

I'd like to see either of two things:

- An adult pullup that actually works with *cough* male equipment *cough* and can handle a fair soaking without leaving dribbles down your legs :rolleyes:. A cute pattern (not overtly AB, just cute) would be a bonus.

- An adult diaper with stretch side panels like the current generation of baby diapers have. It could even be cloth-cover and I'd still be happy but the Tena Stretch doesn't count - I'm talking something that we'd have to look to Bambino or ABU for, not something institutional :P

Either of those things would make me very happy indeed but I suspect neither is particularly likely :(

The next big thing is.....ABU is coming out with a NEW diaper!!! They are partnering with a german company http://www.buntewindel.de/ ABU says it is the most absorbent diaper in the world!!! It is plastic outer backing and has baby all over print!!! I cannot wait :)

Yep I agree, this is the next big thing, specifically, a single large tape on each side, and being plastic. As for me, I am perfectly happy with the all white Bambinos, I kinda wish the Bambinos had 6 tapes like attends.

I think the Adult Pullup thing would be a huge thing personally if it could mirror the old Goodnites diapers just do thicker but same look. I think that would be a big thing if done right and priced right.

Its one thing its its done poorly and then the price is super high but if done right and priced fairly I think it would be a big thing. A good addition to an adult diaper stock.

In terms of practicle use I wish they would come out with a cloth like outer cover disposable that had better leak guards and stronger tapes.

My idea for diaper improvements is a diaper which for a male does not leak when laying on his back or side. Sometimes certain parts of the male antimony does not always point downwards. Years ago diapers had padding in the wings which actually overlapped some on the sides which meant any leakage on the hip would be caught in the padding of the diaper and not the bed. Also, having a higher waistband would help matters a lot.

I would also hazard the manufacturers to attempt to put the SAP between layers of cellulose fluff so that the SAP crystals do now poke little holes through the plastic back sheet. Cellulose helps with the wicking of the diaper. Personally, I would like the wetness to spread out throughout the diaper a little more which would prevent the bunching of the wet (and non-wet) parts of the diaper. I do wonder if a thicker pad would not separate as easily, which would work with the idea of an inner and outer later of fluff with SAP in the middle - it would help distribute the wetness.

Basically - a pad which is taller, wider and thicker inside the diaper. It would not be as discrete as many would want but we're talking about something ideal for overnight use.

Personally, I do not like cloth-like backed diapers as they tend to leak for me, the same as the pull ups - too many areas where they can leak. But to each their own. I have never had any luck with the Velcro tabs. I go to sit down and they pop loose and I go to stand up and the diaper is now sagging badly.

And plain white. No colors or patterns. That would make the diaper more acceptable to people who might accidentally come across someone changing. It might be thick and look like a large baby diaper but it does not have the designs and prints all over it which would cause people to automatically "jump to conclusions..."

Ideally, a Luvs Baby Pants diaper from the late 1980s scaled up to adult diaper size... Just take the baby diaper and scale up all dimensions of all components. I know it will never happen but I bet I would not wake up wet again...

Just my $0.02.

would love to see abu,or bambino make there products fit more like the abena x-plus. or atleast space the tapes out more. they have the worst fitting fell in the world. and i think we all agree or most agree that abena is the best. if abu or bambino used there cut and tape lay out they would truly have the best diapers in the world in my book... back to topic i would love to see a full colored diaper. like red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, in a full color though not a lighted up version.

would love to see abu,or bambino make there products fit more like the abena x-plus. or atleast space the tapes out more. they have the worst fitting fell in the world. and i think we all agree or most agree that abena is the best. if abu or bambino used there cut and tape lay out they would truly have the best diapers in the world in my book... back to topic i would love to see a full colored diaper. like red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, in a full color though not a lighted up version.

I actually vastly prefer Bambino/Secure over Abena. <_<

I personally would love to see adult pullups made like toddler ones that have protection like a diaper and pullups I can wear during the day and not my diapers.

That's what I want to see.

BabyChris121675

Agreed, I can't find any adult sized pullups that come close to offering the full coverage protection of a tape-on diaper. Goodnites have the idea right but are far too small. The padding needs to come all the way up to the top of the waistband both front and rear.

An AB pullup would be cool. I heard that ABU was getting a 4 Liter capacity diaper from europe in the near future.

I don't think I'd want to wear a diaper with 4L capacity. The Dry 24/7s were tested to around 3L by XP Medical (1L = ~33fl. oz.) and by the time I fill one of those up I am more than ready for a change.

• Like 1

The next big thing is.....ABU is coming out with a NEW diaper!!! They are partnering with a german company http://www.buntewindel.de/ ABU says it is the most absorbent diaper in the world!!! It is plastic outer backing and has baby all over print!!! I cannot wait :)

WOW The diaper in that link is so cute I would love to see ABU come out with that diaper & I am sure they will have something like that someday.. But the Next BIG thing I would like to see is ABU or Bambino come out with An Adult size pull up with an all over babyish print I know ABU says they will have a pull up like that but they say that will be a year or more down the road. Maybe Bambino could get one on the marker sooner that would be cool. I would all so like to see a diaper with an all over print that is cloth like with stretch Velcro tapes ((like how pampers & Huggies are made)) that would all so be very cool. or I would love to see a diaper that is pink for girls & blue for boys with a baby print across the front (( Like how baby diapers where made back in the late 80's & early 90's))

I cannot wait!!!!!!!! Love these!!!! :)

I love that diaper it looks even more like a baby diaper then there Cushie diaper anyone know when it will be for sell. I missed there radio show this past Saturday they did the show at 8pm eastcoast time I thought it was at 9pm lol.. I am sure they talked about it..

I just asked them via live chat and they said by the end of may.

Lets hope there is no delay O:

That seriously looks like the best diaper ever made!

EDIT: I also asked them about the dry thickness and they said its thicker than abena x-plus and Dry 24/7!!!!!! omg ! :D

• Like 1