LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Renovation Update

back deck is done and looks great!

post-1-0-47258500-1300408540_thumb.jpg

Windows are in and all siding has been repaired. Den floor reconstruction is complete. New drainage systems are in and working. Front porch is about 1/3 done. Nother week or two and we should be finishing up!

post-1-0-47258500-1300408540_thumb.jpg

Very nice from a carpenters' stand point. Did you do it yourself?

Oh no! Got a great contractor working for us. There are hidden steel supports under the wood, and the deck is built to code so we can turn it into a sun room at some point.

To bad you aren't near Ks. I maybe could have helped you.

Oh no! Got a great contractor working for us. There are hidden steel supports under the wood, and the deck is built to code so we can turn it into a sun room at some point.

I don't see any 'hurricane clips' on the rafters. Even if it's not required there, you need them on a roof that's exposed underneath where you live :whistling: I'd also tie the posts to the beams to prevent uplift there as well ;) I've seen too many covered decks and porches fail because of that stuff in less than severe winds :o Nails alone don't cut it- clip it all together from foundation to rafter and then you can rest easy knowing the summer storms won't hurt it B)

Bettypooh

Around here Hurricane Clips are only needed for trusses, If the rafters & joist are nailed correctly they are not needed.

I don't see any 'hurricane clips' on the rafters. Even if it's not required there, you need them on a roof that's exposed underneath where you live :whistling: I'd also tie the posts to the beams to prevent uplift there as well ;) I've seen too many covered decks and porches fail because of that stuff in less than severe winds :o Nails alone don't cut it- clip it all together from foundation to rafter and then you can rest easy knowing the summer storms won't hurt it B)

Bettypooh

Hurricane clips were not required around these parts either but they are on my patio roof. Of course it’s a bit bigger that some, 16 x 32 with the ceiling height in the center at 17’. Last fall it received a coat of 1 x 6 knotty pine. Today it got a second coat of natural stain. Gosh are my arms hurting from working overhead. TG for scaffolding on load from a friend.