LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disneyland In June

To answer Waynes question about the weather, the last 10 years or so, especially recently, it has been hit or miss. A couple of things here, the southern California is a 'lower desert' so you can expect weather to be accordiing to it's topography and geology etc. Second, we have June gloom here...over cast and cool along the coast and it has either burned off early or hung around until July. the weather has just been really erratic.

You can dress for warm days and cool nights, it 'might' get warmer...or it could stay in the '70's or it might just be down right hot. disneyland is in the inland part, so who knows. All I can go by sis what happened last year. I'm further west, and last June (summer) it really never got that warm or hot here, June gloom, or over cast and clouds stayed longer then usual and it was pleasant most of the time. Now a couple of years ago , it was way hot especially in August, and humid..and miserable (if you don't have A/C).

SO the weather here is kind of all over the map. One thing for sure though is you need to bring a good sun screen (desert remember?) since even if it's cloudy, the UV rays will cook you if you spend a lot of time outside and aren't protected. Bring a light jacket for night, as it might be cool, but it WILL be cooler along the coast of you go to any of the beaches.

Oh, and another thing here...and this is real stupid, but should be addressed. Thanks to our silly assed legislature up in sacremento and thier idiotic spending, the sales tax here in 9 3/4% yeah, almost 10% sales tax, so you need lots of $$$$$$$$ to cover costs if you buy anything or eat out.....sorry, thats just the way it (currently) is, and yet they are still whining about the %$#@! budget shortfall :badmood:

Anyways, thats about it. Enjoy your stay and have lots of fun :D OH and June 4th and June 5th are a Saturday and Sunday respectively, I work both nights, but something before my shift would be cool, say lunch somewhere....just tossing that out as an FYI.

Have fun! :D

Ya i done forgot about how it can get cool at night.opps.Well like i said its been 22 years cince i lived there.Opps sorry i said i went to disneylaand 22 times.Last time i was in cali.was in 96.Would be nice if we all could get together at the Redondo bch.peir.

Disneyland is in Orange County which has 8.75% sales tax rate I do believe not the 9.75% rate of Los Angeles County. San Diego Zoo is going to be a b**ch to get to during the weekday as you'll have traffic heading down there and back. The zoo is very nice but you're looking at a 90 minute drive normally without traffic. Since you'll be in commuter traffic back/forth you're looking at easily 2+ hours back/forth to Anaheim area. Long Beach to Anaheim isn't that far of a drive and it's a very small airport too which makes it very nice to use. The weather in June can be foggy and cool with June gloom or it can be warm/hot inland. You have Seal Beach, Huntington Beach to the South to explore along with Long Beach too a short drive away. Universal Studios is over an hour's drive on a good day from Anaheim but with the usual traffic on the 101 again you could be looking at 2+ hours to get there and get home depending on the time you plan to leave to get there and come back as you get be stuck in commuter traffic. CA Adventure is fun. I haven't been to D.land in 3 years as I can't afford to eat there even though a friend can get me in for free. It's very expensive to eat at either park then add in souvenirs as shirts can start around $20-25 then go up from there. It just depends on what you want. If D.land and CA Adventure are crowded then get fast passes to some of the popular rides such as Soaring over CA (CA Adventure), The Tower of Terror (CA Adventure), Indiana Jones (D.land), Space Mountain (D.land), Thunder Mountain (D.land), Pirate of Carribean (D.land), Haunter Mansion (D.land) and Splash Mountain (D.land) or you could be spending a lot of time to ride one ride. It tells you outside each of the popular rides how to get a fast pass. This will allow to visit the ride between certain hours and get into another line than the regular which usually goes faster. Tom Sawyer Island is a fun place to play during daylight hours. If you were to accidentally fall into the water that surrounds the island just stand up. It's super shallow. My friend and I saw the bottom of it years ago when they had it drained for maintenance. Now I wish I could go just by talking about it and it's almost in my backyard. :crybaby: Have fun!

I'm not too surprised about the sales tax, California is expensive period, we pay 12% sales tax here in BC.

So the weather is hit and miss, I'll still plan on skirts but bring tights as well for chillier evenings. If the weather is at least 65 we'll be comfortable, outdoors, that +10 degrees is my sweet spot.

2 hours to the San Diego Zoo in traffic, we'll have to leave the hotel at 7ish, 6ish might be better, we can find somewhere to eat near the Zoo. I'm never stressed about driving while on vacation, if it takes longer than expected, oh well, we'll get there. It looks like the zoo closes at 5:00 so well have plenty of time in the area to check things out.

I'm going to put a list together of the things we want to do, at Disneyland definitely World of Color, Space Mountain, Muppets 3D, Soaring in Seattle. We are mostly go with the flow travellers, but it seems like we may need to plan a couple of things while there. I really would like to go to one of the character restaurants just for the experience, other than that for food we aren't too picky though I am happy to see a Tony Roma's a couple blocks from our hotel :)

Again, thanks for all the input :)

*huggles*

Michelle

Actually, most drownings occur in very shallow water. Taller maintenance workers at Disneyland stand in Rivers of America wearing the same kind of "waders" as do fly fishermen. However, the water is dark to hide the rails guiding the boats. Victims panic and often get stuck in the rails. Once a victim is submerged it can be very difficult to find them in time.

At Disney World in Florida many of the ponds and lakes are much deeper than any at Disneyland in California. Anaheim is still within the costal fog zone, so it has the typical SoCal June "gloom" until afternoon. June 2010 was exceptionally cool in Anaheim. So far it looks like June 2011 will be cooler than normal. But, even in 2010 there were hot days. You just never know in advance.

Yes, Disneyland is expensive. When it opened in 1955 articles woriried that a family of four could spend a whole US$20.00 in a day on parking, admission, rides and food/drinks. For many years rides required tickets. The admission provided a handful of the lower grade tickets. All the better, more popular attractions required an "E-Ticket" which were sold in boks mixed with near-useless "A, B, C and D" tickets. Hence the expression "An E-Ticket Ride" to describe an expensive adventure.

Life has only gotten more expensive since 1955!

There is no fast pass for Pirates of the Carribean.

And several people have drowned in the rivers of America, so it can't be too shallow....

also know the san diego zoo is HUGE.... you really cannot see everything in just a day or two, so maybe going to their website and at least picking a few 'must see' attractions... then anything else is bonus...

and you CAN"T miss Captain Eo at disneyland.. it was an 80's classic 3d show featuring michael jackson, they have just recently brought back. Its right next to space mountain and it just AWESOME!

also know the san diego zoo is HUGE.... you really cannot see everything in just a day or two, so maybe going to their website and at least picking a few 'must see' attractions... then anything else is bonus...

and you CAN"T miss Captain Eo at disneyland.. it was an 80's classic 3d show featuring michael jackson, they have just recently brought back. Its right next to space mountain and it just AWESOME!

Unless you're like me and can't see 3D. Then you can't NOT miss Captain Eo. :P

But I hear it's fun. :)

well even if its not in 3d... its old schoo michael jackson as a 'space captain' trying to bring hope through music to a destitute planet.... even if its slightly blurry without the glasses on its still fantastic!

Good advice, thats how we usually treat our vacations, we want to see x, y and z and everything else is icing. When we go to Vegas we set up to see one show which we book in advance, everything else we do is on a whim. On our last trip we woke up one morning and decided to rent a car and go see the Grand Canyon, we didn't quite make it but we got to see route 66, the Hoover Dam, a twister and it was a blast. We find it no fun if everything is planned out, someone makes a suggestion and we go with it and have fun :)

That one will be iffy, Daddy is not an MJ fan, but is a huge 3D fan (we have our own theatre room with 3D projector) so we'd have to see which one wins out ;)

if anything watch it for how awful... yet entertaining it is... i mean it was cutting edge technology and plot when it came out, now its just entertaining cause its sooooooooo bad!!!!

if anything watch it for how awful... yet entertaining it is... i mean it was cutting edge technology and plot when it came out, now its just entertaining cause its sooooooooo bad!!!!

I'd see it, I liked MJ as a performer, I know for a fact that Daddy will be torn on it, we'll have to see where the scales land his dislike of MJ vs his passion for 3D. I just told him not to let me wimp out of any of the rides *eek*

just do what i do on the rights, i have one hand firmly grabbing my daddy's knee and the other grabbing the bar in front of me and sometimes... just sometimes... i'm able to open my eyes...... usually when we get off there are slight nail marks in daddy's knee!

just do what i do on the rights, i have one hand firmly grabbing my daddy's knee and the other grabbing the bar in front of me and sometimes... just sometimes... i'm able to open my eyes...... usually when we get off there are slight nail marks in daddy's knee!

Thanks, I just might take that advice. Also thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one that's afraid of some of the rides :)

*huggles*

Michelle

Last I remember only two died in Rivers of america

1 was drunk and hit his head on rock while taking a joy ride in a stolen maintenance boat

the other was a kid swimming with his little brother on his back after hiding on the island after hours.

and most is very shallow; the track for the MT and Columbia is very deep and can catch you off guard as well as the installations for fantasmic.

and generally is not even a good idea to accidentally fall in or lose anything in, the divers have this term "duck butter" it's an unpleasant goop at the bottom, that well... I'm sure you can guess what it is.

Oh and BTW if you do lose anything important such as keys or glasses employees/cast members/CMs will actually go into the ride to get it back (or into the rivers, although unlikely they will find it in the rivers) other stuff like merchandise or disposable cameras they will replace if you ask the right people(anyone with a handheld radio that is in the attraction at the time is good) and better chances if you have a receipt or just go back to where you bought lost item and tell them what happened and you'll most likely get a replacement. If its nonreplacable nonimportant then you have to go to lost and found the day of to put in a claim which is located to the left of the entrance of California adv.

and you probably dont want a lost hat on boat rides like splash mountain they generally come back ripped if they come back at all(though some do come back in one piece).

If anything happens to your disney merch don't panic just talk to CMs, and have fun.

I think a tour the aircraft carrier USS MIDWAY is very cool. That and the floating museum is by far the coolest tourist spot in Southern California.

Actually there are some affordable places to stay in San Diego and I would make a couple of days out of that too.

Lunch ---- HODADS in Ocean Beach. By far THE best cheeseburger, onions rings and chocolate shakes on the planet Earth.

I'm not too surprised about the sales tax, California is expensive period, we pay 12% sales tax here in BC.

So the weather is hit and miss, I'll still plan on skirts but bring tights as well for chillier evenings. If the weather is at least 65 we'll be comfortable, outdoors, that +10 degrees is my sweet spot.

2 hours to the San Diego Zoo in traffic, we'll have to leave the hotel at 7ish, 6ish might be better, we can find somewhere to eat near the Zoo. I'm never stressed about driving while on vacation, if it takes longer than expected, oh well, we'll get there. It looks like the zoo closes at 5:00 so well have plenty of time in the area to check things out.

I'm going to put a list together of the things we want to do, at Disneyland definitely World of Color, Space Mountain, Muppets 3D, Soaring in Seattle. We are mostly go with the flow travellers, but it seems like we may need to plan a couple of things while there. I really would like to go to one of the character restaurants just for the experience, other than that for food we aren't too picky though I am happy to see a Tony Roma's a couple blocks from our hotel :)

Again, thanks for all the input :)

*huggles*

Michelle

• Like 1

Miss it ... Miss it!! MJ can not do Captain Kirk!

:roflmao:

Like many of the posters here, I'm a local and I actually write for an Unofficial Guide to Disney Resorts, a guide book of some repute. The weather can range from impossibly hot (rare) to cloudy and cool (June Gloom, count on it). Downtown Disney is a cool place to hang and there are a ton of things to do (won't repeat what the other posters have). If you're into food and/or wine, I do recommend Napa Rose inside the Grand, immediately adjacent to the Park. Prolly the best restaurant in OC. Have fun!

We're thinking about spending the extra money and getting annual memberships, that way any time throughout the 7 days we're there we can just go in. If we come back from another place and want to go in and have dinner we can. Also it's makes for a cheaper second trip later on :)

*huggles*

Michelle

We're thinking about spending the extra money and getting annual memberships, that way any time throughout the 7 days we're there we can just go in. If we come back from another place and want to go in and have dinner we can. Also it's makes for a cheaper second trip later on :)

*huggles*

Michelle

Michelle, be sure to read and understand all the fine print in the rules for using your Disneyland Annual Passports, especially about multiple entries per day and visiting more than one park in a given day. Also there are different Passport plans. Do you need parking? Even if so, only one of you is driving, so ask about a discount for other Passports which do not need parking.

Generally the cross-over is more than 7 entries, but you have reasons to buy Passports beyond the single trip.

Growing up my family lived 15 miles north of Disneyland just off the I-5, so as soon as a sibling was old enough to be charged admission he or she had a Passport. With the free parking, I could get friends in the parking lot, so I was constantly invited my friends who only went to Disneyland once a year. If Mom got off work early she would drive us to Disneyland for an afternoon because we all had Passports. We would stuff ourselves in the car going there so we ate nothing there and used water fountains. I enjoyed being by myself for an afternoon on Tom Sawyer Island. I would watch for Mom to stand in a certain place and wave, my signal to get on the next raft.

Good memories.

• 3 weeks later...

So how is your plan coming along?

Flight, hotel and car are booked. We still haven't decided what we're doing about park tickets, I may be able to get a 6-day park hopper for free from a rewards program I belong to, just waiting to see. I think for the most part, we're going to play it by ear when we're down there on what we do and when. The only thing we might schedule is a meetup with other AB/DL's.

Flight, hotel and car are booked. We still haven't decided what we're doing about park tickets, I may be able to get a 6-day park hopper for free from a rewards program I belong to, just waiting to see. I think for the most part, we're going to play it by ear when we're down there on what we do and when. The only thing we might schedule is a meetup with other AB/DL's.

:thumbsup: