LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disneyland In June

I'm pondering the thought of going to Disneyland in June. I haven't been there since I was 14 and Daddy has never been. It looks like I can get flight and hotel for the 2 of us for under $1,000 for 7 days, that just leaves entertainment and food.

I'm curious about a few things...

Where have you stayed when you were down there? The hotel we're looking at is the Castle Inn and Suites.

Edited to add: Is is better to be there during the week or over a weekend?

Other than Disneyland, what else should we do/see? I have no problem renting a car if we should go see something that's further away.

What's the weather like in June? I'm thinking I'll probably be diapered full time while there so I'm hoping the weather will be good for wearing skirts to hide them.

I think that's all for now, any other ideas/suggestions?

*huggles*

Michelle

My only suggestion is avoid rollercoasters unless you plan to flash your diapers to possibly hundreds of other people. and make sure they are snug if you wear just a skirt. The g forces may rip the diaper right off you and fly away.

She won't have to worry too much about flashing, to be honest. All of Disneyland's coasters have enclosed bottoms and most of them are actually in mostly enclosed spaces, with the exception of Big Thunder Mountain and The Matterhorn, both of which have sectioned seating. The latter of those two, The Matterhorn, is the only one that may merit a bit of caution.

California Adventure, however, may merit some more caution. It has similarly enclosed coasters, but also the "cherry drop" sort of swing, which would likely flash.

I recommend that your skirt, however, is not too short, just in case. It's probably not a good idea to flash the kids and whatnot. LA can be quite warm in June, and, it's worthy of note, Disneyland will be VERY crowded if your trip is in the third week of June or later. Prepare for kid overload.

When I go to Disneyland, which I do at least once a year, I tend to stay at the Del Sol inn, which is basically directly across the street from the park.

Other attractions can be varied. Santa Monica has some crazy fun shopping, as does Melrose and the rest of West Hollywood. Universal Studios is a bit of a drive, as is Magic Mountain. Santa Monica's beaches are absolutely beautiful, as well, if not often crowded.

If you're a fan of industrial music, I can give you directions and locations of the clubs out there. Das Bunker, the LA Industrial club, is one of the biggest and best in the country and is always an excellent amount of fun! :)

• Like 1

I'm pondering the thought of going to Disneyland in June. I haven't been there since I was 14 and Daddy has never been. It looks like I can get flight and hotel for the 2 of us for under $1,000 for 7 days, that just leaves entertainment and food.

I'm curious about a few things...

Where have you stayed when you were down there? The hotel we're looking at is the Castle Inn and Suites.

Edited to add: Is is better to be there during the week or over a weekend?

Other than Disneyland, what else should we do/see? I have no problem renting a car if we should go see something that's further away.

What's the weather like in June? I'm thinking I'll probably be diapered full time while there so I'm hoping the weather will be good for wearing skirts to hide them.

I think that's all for now, any other ideas/suggestions?

*huggles*

Michelle

The outher big places to go are Knotts Berry Farm.Univerel studios,Magic Mountain,L.A Zoo,Hollywood walk of fame.Most of the big places it is better to go during the week.As at that time of year there wont be as many people there.And as far as the weather it should be in the 70's.I am speaking from experance as i lived in s.cali.for 20 years.And as far as to what diaperbrownie said about avoiding rollercoasters dont.Of all the rides thay are the most fun.Just go and enjoy yourself.I know i am going to enjoy my ten days there and i will allso be going there the first week in june.And im sure brownie was jokeing about the g forse'stearing your diaper off.

• Like 1

The outher big places to go are Knotts Berry Farm.Univerel studios,Magic Mountain,L.A Zoo,Hollywood walk of fame.Most of the big places it is better to go during the week.As at that time of year there wont be as many people there.And as far as the weather it should be in the 70's.I am speaking from experance as i lived in s.cali.for 20 years.And as far as to what diaperbrownie said about avoiding rollercoasters dont.Of all the rides thay are the most fun.Just go and enjoy yourself.I know i am going to enjoy my ten days there and i will allso be going there the first week in june.And im sure brownie was jokeing about the g forse'stearing your diaper off.

70s? I've never been to Disneyland on a day in June that wasn't 80 or more midday. As far as I've ever seen, that's historically accurate. It was, after all, in the 70s this week (and is forecasted to be for most of next week) and it will only get hotter this year.

Luckily, there are water rides, though those may make diapers awkward. :P

• Like 1

She won't have to worry too much about flashing, to be honest. All of Disneyland's coasters have enclosed bottoms and most of them are actually in mostly enclosed spaces, with the exception of Big Thunder Mountain and The Matterhorn, both of which have sectioned seating. The latter of those two, The Matterhorn, is the only one that may merit a bit of caution.

California Adventure, however, may merit some more caution. It has similarly enclosed coasters, but also the "cherry drop" sort of swing, which would likely flash.

I recommend that your skirt, however, is not too short, just in case. It's probably not a good idea to flash the kids and whatnot. LA can be quite warm in June, and, it's worthy of note, Disneyland will be VERY crowded if your trip is in the third week of June or later. Prepare for kid overload.

Shouldn't be a worry, my skirts are below the knee and I always wear panties over my diapers when out in public. We are thinking of going June 1st to 8th so that should avoid the majority of the kids, our schedule is totally flexible though.

When I go to Disneyland, which I do at least once a year, I tend to stay at the Del Sol inn, which is basically directly across the street from the park.

Other attractions can be varied. Santa Monica has some crazy fun shopping, as does Melrose and the rest of West Hollywood. Universal Studios is a bit of a drive, as is Magic Mountain. Santa Monica's beaches are absolutely beautiful, as well, if not often crowded.

If you're a fan of industrial music, I can give you directions and locations of the clubs out there. Das Bunker, the LA Industrial club, is one of the biggest and best in the country and is always an excellent amount of fun! :)

We're more classic rock and country for our tastes, thanks for the heads up though :)

*huggles*

Michelle

The only place I've been to down there was Disneyland, I'm not sure what other attractions are worth going to. Universal Studios looks fun, I remember when I was last there we saw Tony Orlando get his star on the walk of fame, Daddy would be interested in seeing that. 70's should be good for skirts, I'd prefer higher 70's low 80's though :)

Man, I am a little jealous! I love Disneyland! I went there 21 years ago and it was one of the best times of my life. I have always wanted to go back. Some advice, make a small trip to San Diego as the zoo there is UNBELIEVABLE! I went there also-

BabyChris121675

Man, I am a little jealous! I love Disneyland! I went there 21 years ago and it was one of the best times of my life. I have always wanted to go back. Some advice, make a small trip to San Diego as the zoo there is UNBELIEVABLE! I went there also-

BabyChris121675

Long drive away from Disneyland. o_O

I'll be heading to Disneyland myself in early April, and maybe to San Diego in June :0

• Like 1

Long drive away from Disneyland. o_O

I'll be heading to Disneyland myself in early April, and maybe to San Diego in June :0

I'm looking at the City Pass and it includes the San Diego Zoo, if we did that I'd either rent a car or take a shuttle, according to google maps it's about an hour.

*huggles*

Michelle

Yeah, 70's at Disneyland.... Can't remember ever being there in the summer and it being in the 70's.... Mid to high 80's more likely.... With a bit of humidity. Not much.

LA Zoo is good. Hollywood bores me... It's a street packed with tourist shops and beggars Same with Santa Monica Promenade and pier in my opinion. Leo Carillo beach is nice in the evening. Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Ray is on the beach and has outdoor seating, great for sunsets.

Getty Center is an absolutely amazingly wonderful art museum. There is also The Getty Villa. Griffith Park is near the LA Zoo and has amazing scenery. You can take evening horseback rides to the Hollywood Sign....

The Castle, I believe I stayed there once. Rooms were large and clean, but staying further away is possible as all the hotels in the region offer frequent shuttle service. I also stayed at the Crowne Plaza, and the Embassy Suites which are further down Harbor Blvd. Both very nice.

Disneyland is fun, and I can't do a trip without going to California Adventure.... Make it an absolute goal to go to the live shows. They are AMAZING! Especially the Alladin shows at California Adventure. Get there early so you can get a low level seat (they have multiple show times) close to the main aisle through the lower level I won't tell you why, but just trust me... You'll love it

When we go we always stay on property, at the disneyland hotel or grand californian, because it is on property so you don't have to drive to get to the parks they are right there.....

although 7 days is a lot of time at just disneyland so you would definitely want to rent a car to go other places, for adults 3-4 days is usually enough. If you want to eat at some nice restuarants on disney property, like napa rose or steakhouse 55, which are more upscale adult dining, or there is the storytellers cafe which has a GREAT breakfast, and its a character meal so the characters will come to your table for photos and autograph's.... ariel's grotto in california adventure is the only princess meal, where all the princess' come to your table.

if you are going to be eating on property call at exactly 90 days before your trip to make reservations.

allears.net is an EXCELLENT website, its not officially disney run, but might as well be. it has alll the restaurant menu's with pricing, along with pictures of literally every attraction in the parks, i would say don't pay to much attention to the reviews people post, as its sorta like movie reviews, some will like a movie you like and some will hate a movie you hate.... but the site itself is excellent for pictures, menus, pricing etc....

also, if you go to the disneyland site you can find a list of what rides will be down to maintanence, although not many will be in june, because its peak season, there may be some.

its best to go during the week, as on the weekends all the locals go, but in june its going to busy no matter what, so in regards to the bigger rides, chose one and go straight to get a fast pass, then go on some of the not so popular rides while waiting for that fast pass.

also go early to get your fast pass for the world of color. Its an incredible show at night, but your fast pass determines where you stand to watch it. But don't miss it its sooooo awesome...

Its going to be VERY hot in june. we were there in january and it hit 80!!!! so bring lots of sunscreen. you can bring your own beverages into the park, so at least bring a water bottle as you can fill it up at the water fountains, and will want to drink LOTS of water....

its going to be such an awesome time just at disney!!! also, anything you buy can be sent to the front gate for pick up on your departure, so don't be afraid to buy stuff while you see it, and just have it sent to package pick up so you don't have to carry it around.....

sorry .... may be a long post... we go to disney land and world at least once a year each.... and just have sooooo much fun!!!!

• Like 1

I live close enough to The House that Mouse Built that I don't even have to get on the freeway to get there :) Plus I've been there so many times I'm really tired of the place. You couldn't pay me to go there any time between May to October it's so crowded, even on weekdays. Gimme a drizzly Tuesday in February and I'm down, then you can actually go on all the rides without waiting for hours.

LA is huge, there's so much to do here it really depends on what you're into. LA Zoo sucks, it's small and not impressive compared to the San Diego Zoo. The Getty is cool for the architecture alone, Griffith Park Observatory is nice if you're a Science geek. Olvera Street is the birthplace of Los Angeles and the best place to go if you want a real deal Guyabera or a big poofy Quincenera dress to name a few. Personally I like seeing shows at various venues like the Troubador, The Music Box, The Greek, The Echo, The El Rey, to name a few. Seeing a concert at the Hollywood Bowl is really fun too, just take the shuttle buses in unless you want to sit in traffic for 3 hours afterwards on the fabulous 101 freeway. Hollywood Forever Cemetery on Santa Monica Blvd. is cool too if you want to see some famous people's graves. They also do movie screenings on Saturdays in the summer, though it's really crowded with hipsters and the LAPD sets up sobriety checkpoints outside frequently due to the policy of 'bring whatever you want in to the cemetery.' If you like beaches try Redondo or Manhattan beach, they're close to LAX and not as crowded as Santa Monica. Venice beach is cool too if you like street performers, just LEAVE BEFORE NIGHTFALL. Trust me, a whole different element comes out after dusk and it can get dangerous for an aw shucks tourist in town.

For cool places to eat there's Fellipe's, the origin of the French Dip sandwich, In and Out, Fatburger, Rosco's Chicken n Waffles, El Cholo for mexican food, Johnny Reb's has a couple locations in South Bay and OC for awesome BBQ. Casa Bianca's in Pasadena has amazing pizza but be prepared to wait a bit to get a table they are so crowded sometimes.

Oh yes one of my favorite day trips up into Hollywood is to see a movie at the Cineramadome and check out the ludicrous selection of music at Amoeba across the street. Amoeba Music takes up an entire city block! If they don't have it it probably doesn't exist. If you have some Bukuu bucks and local connections you can get in to the Magic Castle, which is basically the proving grounds of the world's finest magicians. Formal wear is required and be prepared to spend money, but the shows there are amazing.

There you go, a veritable smorgasborg of lesser known places to go that most tourists miss but are frequented by the locals. I could easily tell y'all about twice as many cool places here, but I gotta leave some things a secrets for the Angelinos to enjoy without all the yokels coming in and laming the place up. B)

Ok....what was mentioned above ^ I am local also and have been most of the places mentioned. If you have never been here or it's been a long time,

you have to remember 1 thing:

RULE 1: Los Angeles is H*U*G*E. Some of the places mentioned will take a while to drive to, depending on traffic, and there is a L*O*T of that here. The recommendation of going to the San Diego Zoo is all fine and good, but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive (120 miles) no, it's not 'close by"

Pasadena takes about 45 minutes to get to, as does Hollywood. IF you choose to stay in and around Disneyland, (which is in Orange County, which is also HUGE) Theres a lot of things to do or go and see. Another park was mentioned is close by which is Knotts Berry Farm. If you go there you have to have the chicken dinner at the Knotts restaurant...very yummy! :D lots of beaches, parks sight seeing stuff around. Since I live here I guess I take most of it for granted and it's just "there".

If you look in th eback of something like a "thomas guide" (mapbook) for the area, it lists attractions and fun places to see and such.

My big advise though to anyone coming here who hasn't been here before is if you plan on driving anywhere...make sure you leave plenty of time for travel and traffic and have maps for EVERYTHING. write down your destination and have directions etc. Better to be prepared than get lost and screwed up. LA and Orange county have their nice places, but theres a lot of seedy spots you want to avoid as someone mentioned. Traffic and getting around is a B*I*T*C*H here, but New York is worse from my experience.

Anyways, aside from researching what you might want to do and being prepared map and directions wise, theres a lot of good advise posted above.

I might be wrong, but getting into the Getty requires a reservation and or planned tickets etc and has a waiting list, from what I remember. Theres also a parking issue, so if thats of interest, you might check it out.

Ummm...I can't think of anything else really that others haven't covered.

Letluvs, daddyR and BBB are either local or traveling here....maybe we could all get together for dinner somewhere and have an AB/DL type gathering...MEH, just a thought. Like I said I'm local, well, say 40 minutes from Disneyland :P but I've been here all my life, so getting around for me isn't an issue as I'm used to the distances and %$#@!! traffic.

Regardless, hope you enjoy yourself and have lots of fun in our little playground :D

Thanks for the info everyone, we're booked :)

We'll be there from 7:40pm on Saturday June 4th to 8:20pm on the 11th. We booked a car for the week, it was the same cost for 7 days as it was for 4 and our hotel has free parking it has the added benefit that we're picking it up and dropping it off at the Long Beach airport that we're flying into (discount airline).

I have a great GPS app that came with my android, so I don't expect any issues with finding things, I do however expect traffic. One of the things I remember from our trip there when I was 14 was being impressed that a 14 lane freeway was bumper to bumper. We'll have to leave early if we want to head down to the San Diego Zoo.

I'd love to meet up, maybe on the evening of the 4th or 5th? 4th would be nice to meet the locals so we can chat about the area. We'll make a list of things we want to see before we go.

Heading off for the night, I'm a bit drunk :)

*huggles*

Michelle

Ok....what was mentioned above ^ I am local also and have been most of the places mentioned. If you have never been here or it's been a long time,

you have to remember 1 thing:

RULE 1: Los Angeles is H*U*G*E. Some of the places mentioned will take a while to drive to, depending on traffic, and there is a L*O*T of that here. The recommendation of going to the San Diego Zoo is all fine and good, but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive (120 miles) no, it's not 'close by"

Pasadena takes about 45 minutes to get to, as does Hollywood. IF you choose to stay in and around Disneyland, (which is in Orange County, which is also HUGE) Theres a lot of things to do or go and see. Another park was mentioned is close by which is Knotts Berry Farm. If you go there you have to have the chicken dinner at the Knotts restaurant...very yummy! :D lots of beaches, parks sight seeing stuff around. Since I live here I guess I take most of it for granted and it's just "there".

If you look in th eback of something like a "thomas guide" (mapbook) for the area, it lists attractions and fun places to see and such.

My big advise though to anyone coming here who hasn't been here before is if you plan on driving anywhere...make sure you leave plenty of time for travel and traffic and have maps for EVERYTHING. write down your destination and have directions etc. Better to be prepared than get lost and screwed up. LA and Orange county have their nice places, but theres a lot of seedy spots you want to avoid as someone mentioned. Traffic and getting around is a B*I*T*C*H here, but New York is worse from my experience.

Anyways, aside from researching what you might want to do and being prepared map and directions wise, theres a lot of good advise posted above.

I might be wrong, but getting into the Getty requires a reservation and or planned tickets etc and has a waiting list, from what I remember. Theres also a parking issue, so if thats of interest, you might check it out.

Ummm...I can't think of anything else really that others haven't covered.

Letluvs, daddyR and BBB are either local or traveling here....maybe we could all get together for dinner somewhere and have an AB/DL type gathering...MEH, just a thought. Like I said I'm local, well, say 40 minutes from Disneyland :P but I've been here all my life, so getting around for me isn't an issue as I'm used to the distances and %$#@!! traffic.

Regardless, hope you enjoy yourself and have lots of fun in our little playground :D

Duck you are so right about taking all these places for granted.I lived in Redondo Beach for 20 years.The only place i went to more then 3 times was disneyland.went there 22 times in 20 years.The outher places i went to just a few times.And you are so right about the traffic.I still laugh at people back here that talk about how bad the traffic is here.Thay have no idear just how bad it can be.Am i wrong about the weather being in the 70's in june?.Thats what it was when i lived there back in the 70' and 80;.So michelle when you get there take a map book of the places you want to see and map them out.Thats the best way of doing it.Just remember one thing.ENJOY YOURSELF

• Like 1

Living in San Diego and LA, we go to Disneyland all the time and have had annual passes for the past five years - it never gets old.

You have great advice on the reply posts so I will only add a few things from my experience.

Since you are staying 7 days, try to break it up between Disneyland and other Southern California attractions, including a must drive down to San Diego.

Stay at the Disneyland resorts if possible and I highly recommend the Grand California Hotel which is situated adjacent to both Downtown Disney (for shopping and restaurants) and California Adventure. Get a 3 to 5 day park hopper to get the full experience of both theme parks. You can get a full experience in 3 days depending upon your pace, but may opt for 5 if you want to take your time.

The weekdays are the best time to avoid crowds and I would travel on Sunday and start the parks on Monday. Early is better for the popular rides and those staying at the Disney resorts usually get early admission. Use the Fast Passes when possible on the popular rides - Indiana Jones, Soaring over Californai, Splash Mountain....

Break up the day in the parks with periodic trips to eat in Downtown Disney and go back to the hotel for pool time and finish the evening in the parks. Make sure to catch the evening light shows - they are spectacular!

As fas as Southern California attractions, it all depends on your preferences. If you like the beach scene, there are plenty of great beaches in the LA area or head down highway 1 into the beach communities of San Diego. Stop at the Belly Up in Solana Beach to catch a good rock and roll show. The San Diego Zoo is great for the day and the GasLamp downtown is where to spend your nights.

Let me know if you would like more information. Have fun and be little...

Yeah, 70's at Disneyland.... Can't remember ever being there in the summer and it being in the 70's.... Mid to high 80's more likely.... With a bit of humidity. Not much.

LA Zoo is good. Hollywood bores me... It's a street packed with tourist shops and beggars Same with Santa Monica Promenade and pier in my opinion. Leo Carillo beach is nice in the evening. Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Ray is on the beach and has outdoor seating, great for sunsets.

Getty Center is an absolutely amazingly wonderful art museum. There is also The Getty Villa. Griffith Park is near the LA Zoo and has amazing scenery. You can take evening horseback rides to the Hollywood Sign....

The Castle, I believe I stayed there once. Rooms were large and clean, but staying further away is possible as all the hotels in the region offer frequent shuttle service. I also stayed at the Crowne Plaza, and the Embassy Suites which are further down Harbor Blvd. Both very nice.

Disneyland is fun, and I can't do a trip without going to California Adventure.... Make it an absolute goal to go to the live shows. They are AMAZING! Especially the Alladin shows at California Adventure. Get there early so you can get a low level seat (they have multiple show times) close to the main aisle through the lower level I won't tell you why, but just trust me... You'll love it

BBB,it dont matter what big city you go to the big famous street in any city all have tourist shops and there are not to many places around big citys that dont have beggers.Ever try walking down 42 or any outher big street in N.Y. C.?

BBB,it dont matter what big city you go to the big famous street in any city all have tourist shops and there are not to many places around big citys that dont have beggers.Ever try walking down 42 or any outher big street in N.Y. C.?

I've been to many metropolitan areas.

My suggestions were more towards areas that have less of that type of distractions and more to places that you'd find a higher percentage of locals at, while still being uniquely Southern California.

• Like 1

I'll probably be making a solo trip out to Hollywood for a DJing gig during the summer, too. Perhaps I can poke around and meet you guys at some point as well. We'll see. :)

To answer Waynes question about the weather, the last 10 years or so, especially recently, it has been hit or miss. A couple of things here, the southern California is a 'lower desert' so you can expect weather to be accordiing to it's topography and geology etc. Second, we have June gloom here...over cast and cool along the coast and it has either burned off early or hung around until July. the weather has just been really erratic.

You can dress for warm days and cool nights, it 'might' get warmer...or it could stay in the '70's or it might just be down right hot. disneyland is in the inland part, so who knows. All I can go by sis what happened last year. I'm further west, and last June (summer) it really never got that warm or hot here, June gloom, or over cast and clouds stayed longer then usual and it was pleasant most of the time. Now a couple of years ago , it was way hot especially in August, and humid..and miserable (if you don't have A/C).

SO the weather here is kind of all over the map. One thing for sure though is you need to bring a good sun screen (desert remember?) since even if it's cloudy, the UV rays will cook you if you spend a lot of time outside and aren't protected. Bring a light jacket for night, as it might be cool, but it WILL be cooler along the coast of you go to any of the beaches.

Oh, and another thing here...and this is real stupid, but should be addressed. Thanks to our silly assed legislature up in sacremento and thier idiotic spending, the sales tax here in 9 3/4% yeah, almost 10% sales tax, so you need lots of $$$$$$$$ to cover costs if you buy anything or eat out.....sorry, thats just the way it (currently) is, and yet they are still whining about the %$#@! budget shortfall :badmood:

Anyways, thats about it. Enjoy your stay and have lots of fun :D OH and June 4th and June 5th are a Saturday and Sunday respectively, I work both nights, but something before my shift would be cool, say lunch somewhere....just tossing that out as an FYI.

Have fun! :D