LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Starting To Get A Little Concerned

Is anyone else worried about all the negative press our little corner of the world has garnered over the last few years? I'm getting a little concerned about the possibility of being labled a deviant or a pervert because of sites like this one that I visit on the net.....

Unfortunately it seems no matter what WE think of this lifestyle, the court of public opinion would string us up if anyone found out about our AB/DL ways....

The public always hates the things it doesn't understand, and the media lives off of sensationalism and fearmongering.

I've read a number of stories myself, and the vast majority of them would be just as relevant if you left out the "has a diaper fetish" line. The media is just doing it to get readers, so don't concern yourself with it.

Personally I don't mind being labeled as a deviant. Rather that than a sheep.

What people outside of the fetish community know that you visit this site anyways?

• Like 4

Actually I think it's the opposite in some respects. Public opinion will always be there for everything and hey we are also the public! Take politicians, pop stars,sports stars etc we all see them in a certain light ie dishonest and scheming,spoilt and drug abused,paid to much (figure out what connects to who!)providing the impression of ABDL is not overly negative then it just gets accepted as part of life as does S&M and piercing. There are many people in the TV media who have this interest and it surfaces via productions on a regular basis. In the UK main stream TV programs such as Diary of a call it girl features the principle actress (formerly of Dr Who)role playing as an LG/AB with dummy and frilly outfit. Another show based on a college sitcom has a girl admit that her mum makes her wear nappies at night because she enjoys changing her,the punch line being that she denies it then saying she is quite capable of changing herself! In a daytime soap called Doctors they even feature an episode where a woman runs an AB nursery. It's out there all the time in movies and press in some mild form so awareness of the quirk makes it less threatening although may be laughable and most of us don't mind that reaction. Like everything however modesty is the key, those that fantasise about being able to walk openly down the street in just a diaper should understand that is all it should ever be a fantasy,we have a very special interest that is finally becoming a known fetish not regarded as dangerous or illegally perverse and we should maintain it's quiet respectabilty amongst those that indulge,I strongly believe that for many the act of pulling on the diapers and plastic pants however we like to enjoy them is therapeutic in so many ways from stress relief /prostate issues/temperament and emotional and sometimes it's a secret I prefer not to share as I want it for myself!

It should be said that Daily Diapers has certainly cracked the lock in bringing out so many like minded people and not just men anymore forums like this are excellent ways to move the fetish on for all of us.

We follow the news as it pertains to us, every bad article from various corners of the world pop up on our radar. To the average vanilla, they might not like a story they read, but will forget about soon after or when the next flavor of the week is published. Egypt, Tucson, The economy, people are aware of big news but a blurb in the Bend Oregon News (random town I pulled out of the air) Is not news to most of the world. We harvest the stories and and post them all in a small space, in our little world. Most people are probable still not aware of AB/DL, they have had some media exposure at one time or another but doubtfully remember people have too much going on in their lives. They are less aware of the so called AB/DL Community, and are not keeping tabs on us.

Some people accidentally out themselves, and could been seen as outcasts but it is more based on peoples perception of bodily fluids than any bad press that allegedly exists. The only people really paying attention to us in the media, is us.

There is always going to be someone out there that will find this disgusting, partly because they don't have all of the information and secondly because they are narrowly minded.It's the old saying, "If you don't like what is on, change the channel." I love and respect myself, partly because I know what makes me tick and I live my life accordingly. I consider myself much better off than so many others that repress their desires or supposedly act their age. All I can add to that is, "Have a happy day and enjoy you crappy life!"

I've run into people that will label people like me as pervs or damaged or sick or whatever. Then I find out that they do cheat on their wives, hang out at strip clubs or so many other far worse things.

timmyc,i have been saying what you just said,most people are not aware of abdl.but so many hereare freaking out and saying,thay all gonna say or that.By the time that thay either stoped reading or watching it in a few minetts its gone from thair minds.

I've deviated from the norm. I use my binky in public on occasion when I feel I need something in my mouth. I don't carry Pookie with me because he's more of a homebody. As for my diapers, thanks to my CP its either a diaper or an accident in my pants. Everything I do has a valid reason for it.

wearing diapers for pleasure IS deviant behavior in our society ..... so what lots of things are considered deviant behavior

but it goes like this ... story is in news about diaper wearing criminal ... everyone makes fun of said diaper wearing criminal ... five days later everyone has moved on to making fun of a leotard wearing criminal and diaper wearing criminal is forgotten

but seriously why is it important if the court of public opinion doesnt approve of our diaper wearing ... if no one knows u wear diapers (and why does everyone need to know) then who cares

stop worrying and just enjoy the diapers

• Like 1

but it goes like this ... story is in news about diaper wearing criminal ... everyone makes fun of said diaper wearing criminal ... five days later everyone has moved on to making fun of a leotard wearing criminal and diaper wearing criminal is forgotten

which I had said that :huh:

One thing that I learned a long time ago is that in the overall scheme of things, nobody really cares. If someone does make an issue of something,(ie: wearing diapers) the public has a short memory and they soon go back to not caring. Think about the high profile cases of accusations of diaper wearing and/or Adult baby play such as the senator who allegedly frequented hookers who claimed to have put him in diapers, but won re-election the next time around. Either his constituents didn't remember, or they didn't care. If they don't care about a senator, do you think they really care what you are wearing as underwear? As long as you are not blantantly, in-your-face, force feeding your fetish to your neighbors, they really don't care.

So relax, enjoy what you do, keep a low profile, and don't worry about what everyone thinks, because they really don't think, and don't care.

• Like 1

Advertisers use a gauge called the number of "impressions". This simply means the number of times a product is brought before the public's eye. It doesn't necessarily matter if it is good or bad, just that the product generates public exposure.

I have learned something, however, during my life. When I was young I dressed in jeans and long hair and lamented the fact that nobody took me seriously. When I cleaned up, put on a suit and started to act in a more mature fashion, I began to gain respect. If you are concerned about negative press use some discretion yourself.

-DR

One thing that I learned a long time ago is that in the overall scheme of things, nobody really cares. If someone does make an issue of something,(ie: wearing diapers) the public has a short memory and they soon go back to not caring. Think about the high profile cases of accusations of diaper wearing and/or Adult baby play such as the senator who allegedly frequented hookers who claimed to have put him in diapers, but won re-election the next time around. Either his constituents didn't remember, or they didn't care. If they don't care about a senator, do you think they really care what you are wearing as underwear? As long as you are not blantantly, in-your-face, force feeding your fetish to your neighbors, they really don't care.

So relax, enjoy what you do, keep a low profile, and don't worry about what everyone thinks, because they really don't think, and don't care.

lol @ David Vitter. I'm not sure if he was actually put in diapers by a hooker I have a hunch that was just a rumor. Regardless that was a bad scandal and he's lucky that Louisiana is so used to having corrupt public officials he was able to get re-elected. Otherwise you're right it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things what anyone does in their own private lives even if some fruit loops that make headlines and make places like this look bad. The worst thing about it is if you're trying to meet someone to share your life with and getting them to accommodate this part of you. If they read anything about these creeps that keep going to jail it never helps.

I'm mainly worried about someone discovering my internet history or inadvertently coming across my diapers stashed in my closet and then going off half-cocked....

I tend to be careful by keeping my diapers in a secure foot-locker and I delete my internet history but I guess we all run the risk of being discovered by indulging in our past time....

Diligence will win the day I guess...

if you are so worried, then don't do it.

simple as that.....

but clearly you can't be THAT worried if you still do it..... sorta like the person who says "when i drink and drive sometimes i worry that i'll get into an accident".... well then... just don't drink and drive!

but clearly that person isn't THAT worried if they still do it...

I suppose that would be the best policy. Its tough though....people want to have their cake and eat it too!

I'll just have to be more diligent at keeping secrets and make sure my internet history is controlled....

Let me put it like this.

Now, we all know family gatherings, right? Relatives meet and have fun together. The kids are playing together, the dogs are having fun, everything is going as it should. And then uncle Frank arrives. He's sitting in the corner with his beer and is smelling like something the cat brought in. Nobody wants to talk to him, and everyone is kind of scared of him. And uncle Frank a diaper lover. He's what most people would call a creep. Now, you can't really say that he can't be there, because he's family, right? Well, somehow, and I don't know how it happens, but somehow the media always speaks with uncle Frank, and not the more sane and relatively nice people. And that's why we get such reputation. Media is media, and they only want something that people wants to read, not some boring stuff about a local thrift store having a discount.

Personally, I'm not bothered by it. I love to tell people that their opinions are wrong, and that we're just like everybody else!

I hope I cleared up on some of this worrying. Be yourself, and if anyone thinks that's wrong, just tell them that they're being ignorant. If they keep on going with the same attitude, explain to them why they're wrong. If they don't listen, just shrug your shoulder and move on.

....Now, you can't really say that he can't be there, because he's family, right?....

Like heck! :o With my kinfolk, you can count on several not being invited, and if they come anyway there will be trouble :boxing: Just because someone is family doesn't mean jack to me- they have to earn my respect just like everyone else ;) and most of them are a waste of good air :lol: I have to watch them closer than most of my enemies because I know how they are :(

My family are my friends :wub: I don't want any more than that ^_^

Bettypooh